Author Topic: Cruz Shames Feinstein Over China's Human Rights Abuses  (Read 340 times)

rangerrebew

Cruz Shames Feinstein Over China's Human Rights Abuses
« on: November 05, 2015, 07:38:49 pm »
Cruz Shames Feinstein Over China's Human Rights Abuses
via All Girls Allowed [via All Girls Allowed]
By:
Robert Kraychik

Senator Ted Cruz spoke out Wednesday against horrific forced abortions in China via its “totalitarian” one-child policy. In a speech on the Senate floor, he proposed “shaming” the one-party communist state by renaming the street on which the Chinese embassy is located after an imprisoned political dissident and Nobel Peace Prize laureate. During his remarks, Cruz called out Senator Dianne Feinsteins’s objection to the passage of a resolution towards this end.

Cruz began with China’s one-child policy and forced abortions. He recalled the story of Feng Jianmei, who was abducted from her apartment in June of 2012 after her husband had left for work by five Chinese “family planning” officials for being unable to pay the fine levied on families in violated of the one-child limit. She was taken to a hospital, restrained, and coerced into “signing” a consent form with her thumbprint. After a pillow case was put over her head, government abortionists injected toxins into her unborn daughter’s brain. After over twenty-four hours of excruciating contractions without anesthesia, she birthed her dead child. The cruelty continued as the government operatives laid the body of her aborted daughter beside her on the hospital bed, a photograph of whichbecame the story’s clarion call and a slide of Cruz’s presentation.

Jianmei was seven months pregnant at the time.

(NOTE: The image above is the censored version of the photograph of Feng Jianmei. Here is a link to the original image. WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT.)

Cruz then recounted the 1980 renaming of the street in front of the Soviet Embassy to “Sakharov Plaza,” honoring the Soviet dissident and nuclear physicist. Using this episode as a model, Cruz pushed for the renaming of the the street of the Chinese Embassy to Liu Xiaobo Plaza.  A political dissident who calls for democratic reform and human rights protections in China, Liu is imprisoned as Sakharov was. Liu has been in custody since December of 2008.

Having made his case, Cruz shamed Feinstein, saying, “As much as I hope that my words penetrate those cells, I pray that the words and actions of the senior senator from California do not penetrate those cells. It saddens me that in the face of unspeakable brutality and evil, that the Democratic Senator chooses to align herself with the Communist Party dictators rather than a Nobel Peace laureate.”

Last week, CNBC Republican debate moderator Carl Quintanilla tweeted out support for China evil one-child policy.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/925/cruz-shames-feinstein-over-chinas-human-rights-robert-kraychik
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:39:21 pm by rangerrebew »