Author Topic: In Qatar Speech, Michelle Obama Complains About Growing Up as a Girl in America  (Read 2181 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/qatar-speech-michelle-obama-complains-about-growing-girl-america_1058665.html

"Like so many girls across the globe, I got the message that I shouldn’t take up too much space in this world. That I should speak softly and rarely. That I should have modest ambitions for my future

:nometalk:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
 :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

I think the jury's still out as to whether she's a girl.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline famousdayandyear

Michele Obama is full of ****

Offline raml

She can live there then the middle east is so much fun to be a woman in then maybe she will appreciate what a great country before her husband became president the United States was. I think I hate her even more than her husband if that is possible.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:05:15 am by raml »

Offline mountaineer

She goes to the Middle East - where women routinely are stoned, raped and otherwise abused - to whine and complain about how unfairly girls are treated in the United States.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/qatar-speech-michelle-obama-complains-about-growing-girl-america_1058665.html

In Qatar Speech, Michelle Obama Complains About Growing Up as a Girl in America
Daniel Halper
November 4, 2015 8:18 AM

Michelle Obama went to Qatar to give a speech on girls education. There, the first lady of the United States complained about growing up as a girl in America.

"ack when I was a girl, even though I was bright and curious and I had plenty of opinions of my own, people were often more interested in hearing what my brother had to say. And my parents didn’t have much money; neither of them had a university degree. So when I got to school, I sometimes encountered teachers who assumed that a girl like me wouldn’t be a good student. I was even told that I would never be admitted to a prestigious university, so I shouldn’t even bother to apply," Obama said at the Qatar National Convention Center in Doha.

"Like so many girls across the globe, I got the message that I shouldn’t take up too much space in this world. That I should speak softly and rarely. That I should have modest ambitions for my future. That I should do what I was told and not ask too many questions. But I was lucky, because I had parents who believed in me, who had big dreams for me. They told me, don’t ever listen to those who doubt you. They said, just work harder to prove them wrong.

"And that’s what I did. I went to school. I worked hard. I got good grades. I got accepted to top universities. I went on to become a lawyer, a city government employee, a hospital executive, and –- the most important job I’ve ever had –- a mother to two beautiful girls."

Obama did say that the U.S. has made progress. "And as I moved forward, so did my country. In each generation, brave women and men fought to end gender discrimination in the workplace, to pass tougher laws against rape and domestic abuse, to ensure equal access to education for women. And while we still have work to do to achieve full economic, political equality for women in the U.S., today, nearly 60 percent of American university students are women. And as for the law school at Harvard University –- which I actually got my law degree -- the Dean of the school is now a woman, as are half the students."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

She can live there then the middle east is so much fun to be a woman in then maybe she will appreciate what a great country before her husband became president the United States was. I think I hate her even more than her husband if that is possible.

For me it's a toss up.  They're both angry, selfish, childish, petulant, nasty, derisive, and thin skinned.

But I totally agree.  Go live in the ME, Michelle.  Then we won't have to hear you whine any more about what an oppressive country that you became First Lady of......    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For me it's a toss up.  They're both angry, selfish, childish, petulant, nasty, derisive, and thin skinned.

But I totally agree.  Go live in the ME, Michelle.  Then we won't have to hear you whine any more about what an oppressive country that you became First Lady of......    **nononono*

Look at the bright side!

Since Obama took office Democrats have lost:
** 14 Senate seats
** 69 House seats
** 12 governorships
** 910 state legislature seats

Not bad if you ask me!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She goes to the Middle East - where women routinely are stoned, raped and otherwise abused - to whine and complain about how unfairly girls are treated in the United States.

Unfreakinbelieveable.  I can't even say what I really think of the woman her speech.  (Trying not to attack the person, no matter how idiotic, vapid, stupid and wrong they sound).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:01:09 am by Sanguine »

Offline musiclady

Look at the bright side!

** 14 Senate seats
** 69 House seats
** 12 governorships

Not bad if you ask me!

Good point!  One of the bright points of the last horrific 7 years.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ms. Michelle walks through this world with a chip on her shoulder that's even bigger than her o'ersized derrière...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Look at the bright side!

** 14 Senate seats
** 69 House seats
** 12 governorships

Not bad if you ask me!
ISIS was called "junior varsity" by him, before they took on the US, and Russia. The GOP should make sure Hillary "owns" that ridiculous and naïve characterization, from her time as Sec State, advising Obama.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
ISIS was called "junior varsity" by him, before they took on the US, and Russia. The GOP should make sure Hillary "owns" that ridiculous and naïve characterization, from her time as Sec State, advising Obama.

Absolutely! At every opportunity!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The one single question for Michael, and that brayhard chick, and "Whoopi" (if any reasonable person could ever consider that to be the name of an actual human), the only question for all these guys and gals or whatever the hell they are?

WHERE IS YOUR BURKA!!? YOU STUPID INFIDEL COWS!

With the grace of Allah I will personally behead each and every one of you Infifel whores!

Oh, and by the way,  thanks for all the support.  I'll be seeing you soon as you kneel before me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

This woman is so full of sh*t (and herself, which comes to the same thing).  My wife was at Princeton when this PoS was there and I can tell you she wasn't some stuck-in-the-corner mouse.

Offline PzLdr

The First Wookie, like her hubby, Joffrey the Boy King, has NEVER grown up.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

I just had to post this somewhere. This is from the Nov. 9 Cindy Adams column in the NY Post:
Being mumbled is that, post-DC, Obama’s missus won’t go into politics. Doesn’t want to work that hard. Wants to be anointed like Beyoncé. Also, Chicago will seem too dinky. She’ll look for NYC.
:pondering:

Offline mountaineer

Michelle Obama Took $4,945 Videographer With Her to Qatar
Spoke at summit sponsored by radical Qatari group
BY: Elizabeth Harrington   
November 10, 2015 1:05 pm
Free Beacon
First Lady Michelle Obama brought a $5,000 videographer with her when she traveled to Qatar last week.

Mrs. Obama went to Doha, Qatar, and Amman, Jordan, for her education initiative “Let Girls Learn.” While in Qatar, Mrs. Obama stayed at the St. Regis Hotel in Doha to attend the country’s World Innovation Summit for Education.

A contract for “FLOTUS Videographer for PD and Press” totaling $4,945 was signed Nov. 3 ahead of the first lady’s visit.

Mrs. Obama gave remarks at the summit, which was sponsored by the Qatar Foundation, a radical group that recently hosted a cleric at its mosque who said, “Jews and their helpers must be destroyed.”

Other costs associated with the trip include $3,846 to rent a “passenger van without driver,” $4,120 to rent a mini van for the White House Military office, and $4,161 to rent sedans for the first lady’s staff.

Hotel rooms at the Radisson Blu for security team members cost $16,204. The government also spent $4,257 on a copy machine for Mrs. Obama’s visit.
Just so you know.  **nononono*