Author Topic: Freshman Faisal Mohammad identified as man who went on 'smiling' stabbing spree that injured four at California college  (Read 878 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/259121-report-five-wounded-attacker-dead-in-school-stabbing

November 04, 2015, 01:10 pm
Five students hurt, suspected attacker killed in college stabbing spree

By Mark Hensch

Police Line, Mass shooting
Getty Images

Police shot and killed a suspected assailant at the University of California, Merced early Wednesday after he began stabbing students, according to multiple reports.

Five students were injured in the morning attack, which occurred in front of UC Merced's Classroom and Office Building, NBC’s local affiliate reported.

Two victims were reportedly airlifted to a nearby hospital, while three others were treated on campus. All five were conscious, according to local reports. The severity of their wounds was unclear.

UC Merced has cancelled all of its remaining Wednesday classes and closed its campus. The school will release additional details during a press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. local time Wednesday afternoon.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Will the call come out to ban knives now?

Offline mountaineer

Knife attacks are the new M.O. of Islamic terrorists in Israel, so why not try it here?  :nometalk:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

Knife attacks are the new M.O. of Islamic terrorists in Israel, so why not try it here?  :nometalk:
yep.....they had one in NY yesterday. Did you see that article of a store in the Gaza strip with mannequins in ski caps with knives?

rangerrebew

Freshman Faisal Mohammad identified as man who went on 'smiling' stabbing spree that injured four at California college

Student from Santa Clara, 18, went on the rampage at UC Merced
    The attack happened shortly before 8am PT at the Sacramento campus
    He shot dead by police before 9.30am, officials confirmed
    Four people stabbed were two students, a staff member and a vendor
    His roommate said he was anti-social and didn't talk to anyone
    A witness said a bomb squad detonated something near the scene   

By Wills Robinson and Khaleda Rahman For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:17 EST, 5 November 2015 | Updated: 12:33 EST, 5 November 2015

A student who 'smiled' as he stabbed four people inside a classroom at the University of California, Merced, before he was killed by police has been identified.

Faisal Mohammad, a freshman from Santa Clara who majored in computer science and engineering, was shot dead by officers after his violent campus rampage on Wednesday morning.

The 18-year-old, described as antisocial by his roommate, was supposedly 'having fun' as he lunged at his classmates with a hunting knife before a construction worker thwarted the attack.

Police are still investigating the contents of a backpack he was carrying at the time, while a witness said a bomb squad detonated something near the scene.

Scroll down for video
Byron Price (pictured with his fiancée Stephanie Jorta) was one of four people stabbed by Faisal Mohammad, in a classroom at UC Merced on Wednesday
+13

Byron Price (pictured with his fiancée Stephanie Jorta) was one of four people stabbed by Faisal Mohammad, in a classroom at UC Merced on Wednesday
Price, 31, said the suspect lunged at him when he entered the classroom after hearing sounds of a fight. He received nine staples after being stabbed in his left side
+13
Price, 31, said the suspect lunged at him when he entered the classroom after hearing sounds of a fight. He received nine staples after being stabbed in his left side
+13

Price, 31, said the suspect lunged at him when he entered the classroom after hearing sounds of a fight. He received nine staples after being stabbed in his left side (pictured right)

The FBI are now trying to figure out the motives, the Merced Sun Star reported.

Andrew Velasquez, who lived alongside him in the college dorms, told ABC30 Mohammad was anti-social and was always alone on campus.

'Didn't talk much. And I never saw him walk with anybody. Walking to class, I never saw him walk with anybody.

'Every time I would try and say something he would just ignore it.'

Kristen Halliday, UC Merced freshman, told the station she and a group of friends trapped in their dorm room above the scene saw the bomb squad.

MORE INFORMATION

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3305467/Freshman-named-Faisal-Mohammad-identified-man-went-stabbing-spree-injured-four-California-college-shot-dead-police.html#ixzz3qdn6bg9c
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:56:35 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Thankful for the foreign press, or we'd never know the stabber's name.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

No picture... Faisal Mohammed... invoke standard image now...

Media lying by omission... shocking...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Thankful for the foreign press, or we'd never know the stabber's name.

Our media is actually better at covering and burying information than they are at finding and reporting it.

1950's Pravda is blushing.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline andy58-in-nh

The FBI are now trying to figure out the motives, the Merced Sun Star reported.

:shrug:
The possibilities are just endless, aren't they? :pondering:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ArneFufkin

It was easy to guess the perp's demographic profile when authorities refused to release his name last night.

Offline GourmetDan

Daily Mail has his pic up now... as expected...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

Too bad the police killed him and messed up his invitation to the White House.

Offline mountaineer

Let me guess: another guy who could have been B. Hussein's imaginary son.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

Will the call come out to ban knives now?

Actually, the commenters for the article manage to advocate for insurance coverage before ammunition purchases are allowed...

"Save Me Liberals" have no shortage of 'solutions'...

Offline musiclady

000hehehehe
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Photographic caption from DailyMail article:
"UC Merced Chancellor Dorthy Leland said: 'At this point, it would be irresponsible to draw such conclusions based solely on the ethnicity of the suspect"

What fools these "educated" humans be!

Perhaps I missed it, but I couldn't find whether the dead muslim perp was foreign-born or born here in the U.S.A.

In any case, he's gone.
And good riddance!

rangerrebew

'He had far greater intentions to do damage': Police reveal twisted college freshman who stabbed four on campus had a backpack containing petroleum jelly, handcuffs and night vision goggles

Student from Santa Clara went on rampage at UC Merced on Wednesday
    The attack happened shortly before 8am PT at the Sacramento campus
    He was shot dead by police before 9.30am, officials confirmed
    The victims included two students, a staff member and a contract worker
    A Twitter account linked to ISIS later praised the attack - although police say 'there's nothing to indicate any political or religious motivation'
    Mohammad's roommate said he was anti-social and didn't talk to anyone
    A witness said bomb squad made a controlled explosion near the scene

By Wills Robinson and Khaleda Rahman For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:17 EST, 5 November 2015 | Updated: 23:43 EST, 5 November 2015

A reclusive student shot dead by police after stabbing four people in a California university campus attack ‘had far greater intentions to do damage’, Merced County Sheriff said Wednesday.

Faisal Mohammad, a freshman who majored in computer science and engineering at the University of California was carrying highly flammable petroleum jelly, ziptie handcuffs, night vision goggles, duct tape and a hammer in his backpack when he was shot in the back by cops.

In reference to the petroleum jelly, Sheriff Vern Warnke said: 'He had poor man's C4' - C4 being the dense, putty-like explosive used widely by the military and demolition teams.

Moments before he had 'smiled' as he used a 10-inch hunting knife to stab two students, a campus construction worker and a female teacher in a terrifying attack that was praised by an ISIS-linked Twitter account.

Sheriff Vern Warnke tolf a press conference on Wednesday: 'He had poor man's C4' - C4 being the dense, putty-like explosive used widely by the military and demolition teams

However police have insisted his attacks were based on 'personal animosities' and a 'vendetta', not a political agenda.

The 18 year old, described as anti-social by his roommate, was supposedly 'having fun' as he slashed the first student in the throat inside a classroom. 

Overhearing the commotion, construction worker Byron Price, 31, intervened and was stabbed in his left side by Mohammad as he tried to stop the attack.

'He (Mohammad) had a smile on his face, he was having fun - which is more what bothers me,' Price told CBSFresno. 

Sheriff Vern Warnke said that Price's entrance into the classroom likely prevented the death of the first victim who was attacked.

Mohammad, 18, a freshman from Santa Clara (left and high school picture right) majored in computer science and engineering

'I just kind of kicked at him,' Price added. 'It was a really big knife and he was swinging it down so I figured if I was on the ground and my feet were at him, he could get my legs and not my body. And it.

He also revealed that he drove himself to hospital despite his injuries and received nine staples. He is now at home with his children and fiancée.

After being disturbed by Price, Mohammad is understood to have fled down two flights of stairs and outside, where he stabbed a female student and a female staff member.

The suspect was then shot and killed by police about 35 or 40 yards away from the classroom.

The attack drew praise Thursday from a Twitter account associated with the Islamic State, Fox News reported.

'May Allah accept him,' read the tweet in Arabic just minutes after Mohammad's name was divulged by campus authorities.

MORE ARTICLE

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3305467/Freshman-named-Faisal-Mohammad-identified-man-went-stabbing-spree-injured-four-California-college-shot-dead-police.html#ixzz3qiBCfNNX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline alicewonders

Just a recluse.  Move on, nothing to see here.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Sudden Jihad Syndrome.

Expect to see more.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn