Author Topic: Cruz bill would designate Muslim Brotherhood as terrorist group  (Read 314 times)

Offline flowers

Cruz bill would designate Muslim Brotherhood as terrorist group
« on: November 04, 2015, 06:11:53 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/259099-cruz-bill-would-designate-muslim-brotherhood-as-terrorist-group

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is trying to force the Obama administration’s hand to label the Muslim Brotherhood as a foreign terrorist organization.

Along with Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.), the presidential hopeful on Tuesday introduced legislation calling on the Obama administration to designate the Islamist political group as a foreign terrorist organization.

ADVERTISEMENT
The bill, called the Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act, comes after a string of evidence suggesting the group supports terrorism, Cruz said, and after similar moves from a handful of foreign countries in recent years.

“As this bill details, the Brotherhood’s stated goal is to wage violent jihad against its enemies, and our legislation is a reality check that the United States is on that list as well,” Cruz said in a statement Wednesday.

The Obama administration has listed multiple members of the group on its terror list, thereby imposing special restrictions preventing Americans from dealing with them.

“Now we can reject the fantasy that their parent institution is a political entity that is somehow separate from these violent activities,” Cruz added.

The Muslim Brotherhood in recent years has been a target of

Go Cruz!!!!!  I just don't know why he isn't higher in the polls?

Offline libertybele

Re: Cruz bill would designate Muslim Brotherhood as terrorist group
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:16:41 pm »
There are polls and then there are more polls.  Cruz is making headway.   For me, the best news is that Bush continues to drop in the polls while Cruz continues to rise in the polls.  I thought I had heard on Hannity that Cruz was now polling at #4 in New Hampshire, but I can't find a poll to substantiate those numbers.  It's months before the primaries; anything can still happen.  Next scheduled debate is November 10 -  Fox Business/WSJ

Take the new Quinnipiac poll, for example:

1. Donald Trump: 24% (down one point from September)
2. Ben Carson: 23% (up six points)
3. Marco Rubio: 14% (up five points)
4. Ted Cruz: 13% (up six points)
5. Jeb Bush: 4% (down six points)

The remaining candidates, at least in this poll, have support at 3% or lower. That includes Carly Fiorina, who has seen her support collapse after garnering 12% in Quinnipiac’s poll in September.

In New Hampshire, meanwhile, a new WBUR poll released these results this morning:

1. Donald Trump: 18% (down four points from September)
2. Ben Carson: 16% (down two points)
3. Marco Rubio: 11% (up nine points)
4. John Kasich: 10% (up one point)
5. Chris Christie: 8% (up six points)
6. Jeb Bush: 7% (down two points)
7. Ted Cruz: 6% (up one point)
7. Carly Fiorina: 6% (down five points)

The remaining candidates were at 3% or lower.

The fact that Bush is now trailing Christie, at least in this poll, is bound to raise some eyebrows in the Granite State.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:17:40 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

Re: Cruz bill would designate Muslim Brotherhood as terrorist group
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 10:25:35 pm »
There are polls and then there are more polls.  Cruz is making headway.   For me, the best news is that Bush continues to drop in the polls while Cruz continues to rise in the polls.  I thought I had heard on Hannity that Cruz was now polling at #4 in New Hampshire, but I can't find a poll to substantiate those numbers.  It's months before the primaries; anything can still happen.  Next scheduled debate is November 10 -  Fox Business/WSJ

Take the new Quinnipiac poll, for example:

1. Donald Trump: 24% (down one point from September)
2. Ben Carson: 23% (up six points)
3. Marco Rubio: 14% (up five points)
4. Ted Cruz: 13% (up six points)
5. Jeb Bush: 4% (down six points)

The remaining candidates, at least in this poll, have support at 3% or lower. That includes Carly Fiorina, who has seen her support collapse after garnering 12% in Quinnipiac’s poll in September.

In New Hampshire, meanwhile, a new WBUR poll released these results this morning:

1. Donald Trump: 18% (down four points from September)
2. Ben Carson: 16% (down two points)
3. Marco Rubio: 11% (up nine points)
4. John Kasich: 10% (up one point)
5. Chris Christie: 8% (up six points)
6. Jeb Bush: 7% (down two points)
7. Ted Cruz: 6% (up one point)
7. Carly Fiorina: 6% (down five points)

The remaining candidates were at 3% or lower.

The fact that Bush is now trailing Christie, at least in this poll, is bound to raise some eyebrows in the Granite State.
Yesterdays election tell me he is higher in the polls. No doubt about it. It wouldn't be surprised if he is higher than Trump. He is the better one for this country and our future.