Author Topic: Ryan: 'The Next Handful of Years Will Determine What Kind of Country We're Going to Have'  (Read 311 times)

rangerrebew

Ryan: 'The Next Handful of Years Will Determine What Kind of Country We're Going to Have'

(CNSNews.com) - Republicans need to be bolder and more specific in fixing the nation's problems, House Speaker Paul Ryan told a news confernce on Tuesday.

"Look, I really, truly believe that the next handful of years will determine what kind of country we're going to have for a long time. We are in a generational-defining moment," Ryan said, noting that Republicans think President Obama is leading the country in the wrong direction -- and Hillary Clinton would only continue down that path.

"That is why we feel that we have an obligation to the hard-working citizens of this country, to show them how we would do thing differently, to tackle our country's problems before they tackle us, and to get things fixed -- to advance our principles. To show how we can make things better for people who are struggling in America."

Ryan said he's not concerned about the presidential election, because "that's going to work itself out."

"What I am concerned about is making sure we do our jobs here. We were elected by out constituents to represent their interests here in Congress, and that's what we're going to do.

"We're going to go on offense. We're going to go on offense on ideas and give the country a bold, alternative agenda, because we don't think the country's heading in the right direction right now.

"The last seven years have been bad years for advancing the American idea, for helping hard-working taxpayers, for helping working peole who are struggling to get ahead. We need to go a different direction. And we owe it to the country to show that different direction.

"So that's what we're going to focus on."

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/ryan-next-handful-years-will-determine-what-kind-country-were-going-have

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Well, Ryan certainly "sounds" good and "sounds" conservative ... time will tell.   He has been quoted as stating; "What I am concerned about is making sure we do our jobs here. We were elected by our constituents to represent their interests here in Congress, and that's what we're going to do".  I think we need to hold his feet to the fire.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

Douchebag. We don't have years. Only days because of you and your ilk.  :chairbang:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ryan: 'The Next Handful of Years Will Determine What Kind of Country We're Going to Have'

I agree! ONE handful if that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien