Author Topic: Ryan: 'I’m a defense hawk'  (Read 431 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ryan: 'I’m a defense hawk'
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:10:42 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/258965-speaker-ryan-we-need-a-bigger-navy-bigtime

By Kristina Wong - 11/03/15 12:20 PM EST

New House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) sought Tuesday to burnish his credentials as a champion of a stronger military, saying during a radio interview that he favors building a bigger Navy.

"I’m a defense hawk. I very much believe we need a bigger Navy, big time," he said during an interview on the Hugh Hewitt Show.

"The South East China Sea’s — I mean, we can go on and on through the threat assessment," he added, referring to China's claims over artificial islands it build in the region.

Ryan also praised Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, and Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), chairman of the House intelligence committee. 

He also praised a budget deal reached last week between the White House and congressional leadership that would lift spending caps on the budget for two years, and allow for all but $5 billion requested by Congress and the White House for the Pentagon in 2016. 

"Like this budget deal or not, it did give us relief on defense. And what matters more for defense than one or two billion is predictability and certainty over a two year cycle," he said. "So they’ve got some predictability to get us through the Obama days." 

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ryan: 'I’m a defense hawk'
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »
I'm already weary of him.