Author Topic: Fiorina's Face  (Read 1016 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Fiorina's Face
« on: November 02, 2015, 01:13:19 am »
Are you kidding me?  I can't believe this is going on. First Trump and now the ladies on "the View" are talking about her ....FACE!  Good grief.  I'm not real fond of her for various reasons ... but come on people... judging her because you don't likle how she looks.  No wonder this country is in so much trouble.   Can you imagine if Carly becomes the GOP nominee.  It will be Hillary vs Carly!  Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?   Let's see... as long as Carly stays away from pantsuits she should do ok!  :silly:

Fiorina Responds To 'The View' Hosts' Comments About Her Face

Republican presidential candidate and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina responded Sunday to a comment hosts on "The View" made about her face.

The hosts on "The View" said her face during the CNBC debate Wednesday "looked demented" and compared her appearance to a Halloween mask.

Fiorina addressed the comment in an interview with Fox News Sunday.

"Conservative women, from Sarah Palin to Michele Bachmann to Carly Fiorina, are long used to this," Fiorina said. "It will not stop me. It will not scare me. And maybe the ladies of 'The View,' if I come back on again, let's see if they have the guts to say that to my face."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/carly-fiorina-face-the-view
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:14:00 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Fiorina's Face
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 01:38:36 am »
I agree, it's bizarre.  I think Ms. Fiorina is a very respectable looking 60+ year old woman.  Nothing particularly odd about her.  Apparently her detractors on the view actually think that attacking women politicians should be about their looks.  But, then I'm not sure anyone on the view is quite smart enough or thoughtful enough to understand anything else, like policy, beliefs, political ideology, business experience, etc.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 02:09:29 am »
"Conservative women, from Sarah Palin to Michele Bachmann to Carly Fiorina, are long used to this," Fiorina said. "It will not stop me. It will not scare me. And maybe the ladies of 'The View,' if I come back on again, let's see if they have the guts to say that to my face."

She's hit the key point here.  Conservative women are fair game for the vile attack forces of the left, as are Conservative blacks.

They have no rules.  No standards.  No consciences.

They can say whatever they want and no one on the left will hold them accountable.

If there are any decent people left in this country, I hope they're paying attention.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 02:13:58 am »
She's hit the key point here.  Conservative women are fair game for the vile attack forces of the left, as are Conservative blacks.

They have no rules.  No standards.  No consciences.

They can say whatever they want and no one on the left will hold them accountable.

If there are any decent people left in this country, I hope they're paying attention.

Exactly.  Just imagine if anyone pointed out, in lieu of political commentary, that Hillary is an ugly old bag.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 02:22:22 am »
The irony of all this is that not too long ago, Donald Trump was lambasted by many of these same people for similar comments.

I guess it's OK for them, but not for us.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 02:26:01 am »
The irony of all this is that not too long ago, Donald Trump was lambasted by many of these same people for similar comments.

I guess it's OK for them, but not for us.

Something else Trump and the left have in common.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 02:39:13 am »
Isn't this the show with Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar?  Where do they get off making comments about someone else's appearance? 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 02:45:58 am »

Exactly.  Just imagine if anyone pointed out, in lieu of political commentary, that Hillary is an ugly old bag.

It would be called hate speech and the perpetrator arrested..... 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 02:46:27 am »
Isn't this the show with Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar?  Where do they get off making comments about someone else's appearance?

Yeah.......... quite the irony, eh??

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 02:47:45 am »
It would be called hate speech and the perpetrator arrested..... 

If the speaker were employed, the employer would be hounded until the speaker was fired.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 04:45:18 am »

In Hillary's case, the truth is an absolute defense.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 05:04:31 am »
It is the presumed superiority of the pseudo-intellect that the left exhibits.  Laughter and mockery of anything on the right is not only okay, it puts on full display that superiority.  One does not need counterpoints, just mockery.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:35 pm »
I agree, it's bizarre.  I think Ms. Fiorina is a very respectable looking 60+ year old woman.  Nothing particularly odd about her.  Apparently her detractors on the view actually think that attacking women politicians should be about their looks.  But, then I'm not sure anyone on the view is quite smart enough or thoughtful enough to understand anything else, like policy, beliefs, political ideology, business experience, etc.

Agree, the Looks on the View ( really some bad looking people on their) are the problem.. There are political problems Carly might have but looks is not one of them. She is a very respectable 60 + year old professional woman IMO.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 04:41:29 pm »
It is the presumed superiority of the pseudo-intellect that the left exhibits.  Laughter and mockery of anything on the right is not only okay, it puts on full display that superiority.  One does not need counterpoints, just mockery.

:beer:  Liberal lunacy double standards
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 11:21:25 am »
:beer:  Liberal lunacy double standards

If it weren't for double standards, they'd have no standards at all.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink