Author Topic: Fall of the House of Bush...Maureen Dowd  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Fall of the House of Bush...Maureen Dowd
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 08:53:24 pm »
I absolutely believe that Perot gave the Presidency to Clinton.

Agree with that.  But GHWB held the door open for the rise Perot.  Remember that "read my lips" thing?

But to be fair, GHWB was done when the electorate came to understand that we weren't going to get Reagan's third term with Bush Sr. at the  helm.

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 08:57:32 pm »
Lord have mercy but it's bizarre - and disgusting - to see some arguing in favor of Dowd and as against a Bush. 

When did giving an honest opinion of "a Bush" presidency become blasphemy? I must have missed the memo, so please, if you would be so kind, repost it.

Thanks!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 09:59:47 pm »
When did giving an honest opinion of "a Bush" presidency become blasphemy? I must have missed the memo, so please, if you would be so kind, repost it.

Thanks!

Ummm.......... I think that it's your marching in lockstep with MoDo that's the problem here.

NO one has ever said that disagreeing with Bush is 'blasphemy.'   You're just being dopey now......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 10:07:57 pm »
Ummm.......... I think that it's your marching in lockstep with MoDo that's the problem here.

Ummm.... Come on now, even you know a broken clock is right twice a day. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:09:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »
Ummm.... Come on now, even you know a broken clock is right twice a day.

Not this time.   And I'm pretty sure even you know that.

(Or maybe you don't!   :seeya:)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:52:13 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 11:03:45 pm »
Not this time.   And I'm pretty sure even you know that.

:facepalm:   How can you say this?  Have you not been following our "conversation"??????

Or, is this just you desperately needing the last word?  If so, ML .... you've got it.

Take care.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 12:17:58 am »

Like an alpha cat wannabe would do to a 'dying' alpha....at one point, attack.   And, she IS catty!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald