Author Topic: Ben Affleck had Hillary Clinton's private email address..[Stevens did not]  (Read 865 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/258728-ben-affleck-had-hillary-clintons-private-email-address

By Bradford Richardson - 10/30/15 05:42 PM EDT

A new email released on Friday by the State Department reveals that actor Ben Affleck had Hillary Clinton’s private email address while she was Secretary of State.

The “Good Will Hunting” and “Argo” star emailed the former secretary of State on April 16, 2012, about an initiative he was starting to provide security sector reform in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Clinton acknowledged in a hearing last week that former U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, who was killed in the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, did not have her personal email address.

“I — I do not believe that he had my personal mail,” she said in her testimony before the House Select Committee on Benghazi.

She said Stevens was “in constant contact” with officials who could respond to his requests for additional security.

“He was in constant contact with people on my staff, other officials in the State Department, and I did have an opportunity to talk with him about the substance of the policy. But with respect to security, he took those requests where they belonged. He took them to security professionals,” Clinton said.

“Well ma’am, all I can say is they missed something here, and we lost four Americans,” Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) responded at the hearing.

Republicans have hammered Clinton over her use of a private email server, saying it constituted a threat to national security.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Emoticons And Monkey-Butts: The Latest From Hillary Clinton's Emails
October 31, 2015 8:09 AM ET
Jessica Taylor and Ally Mutnick
NPR
It's becoming a monthly tradition — on the last day of the month, the State Department unloads thousands of Hillary Clinton's emails.

While Clinton maintains she never used her personal server to send or receive classified information, between 600 and 700 emails have been classified retroactively since the monthly releases began in May, according to Politico. The latest batch this month includes over 7,000 pages of new documents.

Emails that won't be released are ones between Clinton and President Obama. The White House said they will not allow the release of their correspondence, citing executive privilege.

When she testified before the House Select Committee on Benghazi last week, Clinton faced several questions about emails she had received from Sidney Blumenthal, a longtime political adviser to her and her husband. Several more Blumenthal emails appear in the latest batch too.

Here are some of the emails that jumped out.

Blumenthal's missives

This month's release again features several emails from Blumenthal, usually passing along a political story or a thought he thought Clinton should know.

He frequently weighed in with his thoughts about the 2012 election, and made it very, very clear in this email that he thought President Obama's team was focusing on the wrong opponent. Here's some background.

As Republicans on the Benghazi committee will be sure to note though, there are emails like this one, where Blumenthal made observations about Libya and other foreign policy matters.

Libya and wall lamps

Another email Republicans may seize on is when aide Huma Abedin forwarded Clinton an article in December 2011, about gunmen trying to assassinate the head of the Libyan army, she replied with something completely different.

Read the rest at NPR
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

Re: Ben Affleck had Hillary Clinton's private email address..[Stevens did not]
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 12:12:38 pm »
Ben Affleck had Hillary Clinton's private email address

By Bradford Richardson - 10/30/15 05:42 PM EDT

A new email released on Friday by the State Department reveals that actor Ben Affleck had Hillary Clinton’s private email address while she was Secretary of State.

The “Good Will Hunting” and “Argo” star emailed the former secretary of State on April 16, 2012, about an initiative he was starting to provide security sector reform in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Clinton acknowledged in a hearing last week that former U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, who was killed in the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, did not have her personal email address.

“I — I do not believe that he had my personal mail,” she said in her testimony before the House Select Committee on Benghazi.

She said Stevens was “in constant contact” with officials who could respond to his requests for additional security.

“He was in constant contact with people on my staff, other officials in the State Department, and I did have an opportunity to talk with him about the substance of the policy. But with respect to security, he took those requests where they belonged. He took them to security professionals,” Clinton said.

“Well ma’am, all I can say is they missed something here, and we lost four Americans,” Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) responded at the hearing.

Republicans have hammered Clinton over her use of a private email server, saying it constituted a threat to national security.

This story was updated at 6 p.m.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/258728-ben-affleck-had-hillary-clintons-private-email-address
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 12:13:44 pm by rangerrebew »