Author Topic: Banned from CBS News Forever, Former Anchor Dan Rather Likens Network’s Actions to Soviet Union  (Read 444 times)

Offline Paladin

"In a wide-ranging interview on SiriusXM radio’s “Opie and Jimmy” show on Friday, former CBS News anchor Dan Rather talked about his 44-year career at the network — a network which he ultimately likened to the Soviet Union.

Wrapping up the interview, Gregg “Opie” Hughes asked Rather about his banishment from CBS News and his inability to be able to even walk into “Black Rock” — the CBS headquarters building on 6th Avenue in New York City.

“That’s unbelievable. We grew up with you every night. You were CBS,” an incredulous Hughes said.

“I appreciate that,” Rather said, adding, “I long ago made my peace with what happened at CBS.”

After Rather confirmed that he indeed cannot even walk into the lobby of the CBS building without being stopped, Hughes laughed, saying that the idea is “ridiculous.”

“On my better days, I can laugh at it too,” Rather said.

“That’s one thing to say you’re not welcome here. It’s another thing to say we’re going to expunge you from our history. It’s a little like what the Soviets used to do,” Rather continued. “They airbrush you out of the picture.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/31/banned-from-cbs-news-forever-former-anchor-dan-rather-likens-networks-actions-to-old-soviet-union/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline PzLdr

They should have "tarbrushed" him out of the picture, LONG, LONG ago.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If this freak were in the Soviet Union during that time, he would have been 'disappeared'.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

I read that that movie about his phony "Bush scandal" is a huge flop. 

It must be their huge egos, but I just don't know why these old fools don't just get off the stage when they retire.  Saw Ted Koppel on some show this morning; he's written a book about how we're at huge risk of terrorists taking down the power grid.  What the hell does he know about the power grid?

Let me tell you:  if I had the money these guys have, you wouldn't see my mug or hear from me for the rest of my life.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

He ain't so special when it comes to being stopped if he tries to enter his ex-employer's premises.  Almost every employer bars terminated/fired ex-employees from returning to the premises.

Offline mountaineer

You mean he sees being like the Soviet Union as a bad thing?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org