Author Topic: Marco Rubio rides wave of interest  (Read 6737 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Marco Rubio rides wave of interest
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2015, 01:25:58 am »
....But you're delusional if you think Trump's going to deport 11 million in two years.

Sinkspur, just curious - where does that 11 million number come from?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2015, 01:31:02 am »

They've been using that number for going on 20 years.   It's easily DOUBLE that figure of 11 million.  Closer to 30 million now.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2015, 01:35:08 am »
They've been using that number for going on 20 years.   It's easily DOUBLE that figure of 11 million.  Closer to 30 million now.

But let's not build a wall. That would just prove that Americans are xenophobic...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2015, 01:36:32 am »

Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2015, 01:37:50 am »
But let's not build a wall. That would just prove that Americans are xenophobic...

Build a wall. That's fine.

But this idiot notion of deporting all the illegals is insane.  Nobody believes Trump can do that, including Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2015, 01:39:59 am »
37 million by the regimes own numbers.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2015, 01:42:55 am »

Sal...you know I'm of the same mind as you...when it comes to the current crop.

Purposely staying off the Trump threads when the big tough guys come out to feed.   

It's better for all parties, "...at this juncture".     :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2015, 01:52:04 am »
I have to disagree with you music. The single issue is invasion. That is what his immigration stance is.

I respectfully disagree as well.  I think immigration is a big issue, but I think national security and abortion are bigger issues.

I understand why some feel it is the biggest issue, and I completely agree that Rubio's position is weak, but it's not a deal breaker for me as it is for others.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2015, 01:55:12 am »
I respectfully disagree as well.  I think immigration is a big issue, but I think national security and abortion are bigger issues.

I understand why some feel it is the biggest issue, and I completely agree that Rubio's position is weak, but it's not a deal breaker for me as it is for others.

Illegal immigration is destroying not only our national security, but our nation as well.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2015, 01:56:31 am »

Purposely staying off the Trump threads when the big tough guys come out to feed.   

I figured as much. The battle lines are pretty well set now, so why engage in unnecessary and unproductive skirmishes? Who needs the agita?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2015, 02:08:44 am »
I figured as much. The battle lines are pretty well set now, so why engage in unnecessary and unproductive skirmishes? Who needs the agita?

Count me in.   :laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2015, 02:23:55 am »

National security without border security is futile.  Illegal immigration is a huge issue and it really boils down to maintaining our sovereignty as a nation. If we grant amnesty to millions we will in affect erode the sovereignty of this nation.  As I have stated before the 20,000,000+ (conservatively) will then make their own demands and will have groups like LaRaza backing them and the U.N. will certainly be stepping in as well.  The Obama/liberal progressive, transformation of America will be complete. I don't know about you, but that's quite a deal breaker for me.

The American's Creed

by William Tyler Page

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2015, 02:24:46 am »

I'm harmless guys.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2015, 02:38:56 am »
"The American's Creed

by William Tyler Page

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918."

So nice. Needed sayin' twice!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2015, 02:41:18 am »
I'm harmless guys.

You're always a perfect gentleman Lando.   :beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2015, 02:49:33 am »
I'm harmless guys.

Listen up.  Don't y'all be worryin bout nothin--Gen William T Sherman

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2015, 03:18:06 am »
National security without border security is futile.  Illegal immigration is a huge issue and it really boils down to maintaining our sovereignty as a nation. If we grant amnesty to millions we will in affect erode the sovereignty of this nation.  As I have stated before the 20,000,000+ (conservatively) will then make their own demands and will have groups like LaRaza backing them and the U.N. will certainly be stepping in as well.  The Obama/liberal progressive, transformation of America will be complete. I don't know about you, but that's quite a deal breaker for me.

The American's Creed

by William Tyler Page

–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.

Trust me.  I understand the close connection between illegal immigration and national security, which is why I am troubled (as are many others) by Rubio's weakness on the subject.

But I also believe that people can grow, and that his savvy on international affairs and quickness of mind as well as his unabashed love of country will allow him to make progress in this area.  I am also wary of taking multiple quotes out of context and drawing too many conclusions from them.

I'm watching this part of Rubio's policy positions carefully, and am not ready to give up on him yet.

It doesn't bother me that others have, but I'm still open to a Rubio nomination.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:18:35 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2015, 04:20:01 am »
Trust me.  I understand the close connection between illegal immigration and national security, which is why I am troubled (as are many others) by Rubio's weakness on the subject.

But I also believe that people can grow, and that his savvy on international affairs and quickness of mind as well as his unabashed love of country will allow him to make progress in this area.  I am also wary of taking multiple quotes out of context and drawing too many conclusions from them.

I'm watching this part of Rubio's policy positions carefully, and am not ready to give up on him yet.

It doesn't bother me that others have, but I'm still open to a Rubio nomination.

His record speaks for itself.  There are other issues that I find troubling with Rubio, especially on foreign policy.  Rubio:

- voted to block conservative amendments to the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act

- voted in favor of advancing the International Monetary Fund bailout attached to the Ukraine foreign aid bill in 2014. (Senate.gov)

- voted in favor of a continuing resolution in September 2014 that included a provision arming rebels in Syria.  (Senate.gov)
supported U.S. military intervention in Syria to remove Assad from power. (Politico)

-  voted in favor of confirming John Kerry as Secretary of State.  (Senate.gov)

-   called for arming Syrian rebels even though there was no clear U.S. interest at stake. (Politico)  Rubio introduced the Syria Democracy Transition Act, which outlined U.S. involvement to transfer power from the Assad family to a democratic state. (Govtrack)

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-presidential-candidates/candidates/marco-rubio#article-8
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:20:57 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.