Author Topic: Rush: Ted Cruz: One Man Leading a Movement That Scares the Hell Out of Washington  (Read 463 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/10/29/ted_cruz_one_man_leading_a_movement_that_scares_the_hell_out_of_washington

Ted Cruz: One Man Leading a Movement That Scares the Hell Out of Washington
October 29, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Immediately after the debate last night... Well, actually it wasn't immediately after.  I got the note about this about twenty 'til 10 so there was still a little over a half hour left in the debate.  Apparently Brit Hume couldn't wait to pounce on Ted Cruz.  I know, it seems incongruous as it can be, but what Cruz did to irritate Brit Hume was to list all of the fights that he has led as senator and as attorney general, the things that he has tried to get done, the things he's tried to stop, the things he's tried to achieve.

So Brit Hume tweeted, "Ted Cruz going on about all the fights he's led in Washington. Never mentions the number of fights he's won.  The answer is none."  Is that how we're going to judge things now?  Ted Cruz, the one guy in the United States Senate that's trying to stop this decline of this country? The one guy trying to make something happen, the one guy trying to lead others, the one guy trying to turn the linguine-spined Republicans into spines of steel in the United States Senate?  Why do you think...? A good friend of mine sent me me a note.

"Why do you think a movement is called a 'movement'?  Because it has to move! If it doesn't make the case, if the movement doesn't make the case even in the face of temporary defeats, then it dies."  Where would Obama be if he had believed when the Berlin Wall fell down, that communism was finished?  Where would any of the leftist Democrats, the Alinskyites today be if they had just thrown in the towel?  "Oh, my God, our precious Berlin Wall is down!

"Our precious Soviet Union's over.  I guess that's it for us."  They didn't react that way, did they?  They never stop moving.  They never stop fighting.  They never stop trying to win.  And they don't win every time, and nobody puts that kind of judgment on them.  Everybody sits around and marvels at how often they do win, but in order to win, you have to move.  You have to have movement.  You have to lead efforts.  I mean, the Democrat Party had a bunch of people back in 1993 who thought, "You know, we've gotta abandon this drift to the left.

"It's over.  The Berlin Wall is down."  Ronald Reagan in 1976 lost the Republican presidential nomination.  I guess it was over.  "I guess Reagan's a failure.  He waged a fight and he lost.  Yeah, what good's Reagan?"  He kept fighting!  I really think this is instructive, too.  This is establishment-type thinking from inside the Beltway.  The left has lost every one of their battles until they've won them.  Name for me somebody that wins all the t.ime  I mean, this tweet, it was unnecessarily... Well, what is the point of going after Cruz last?  What is it?

Because there is this great fear inside the establishment, like I said yesterday and I mean it. I didn't know dDrudge was gonna make it his lead headline, but I tell you: The Republican establishment would much rather have Hillary Clinton than Ted Cruz.  Ted Cruz scares the hell out of them because Hillary will keep the government growing, Hillary will keep the money being redistributed. She'll keep taxing people. Government's gonna get bigger and there'll be all kinds of money around, all kinds of jobs in the government, all kinds of work for lobbyists and so forth.

Cruz stands for an attempt to reduce all of that, and so the people in Washington who feed off the federal teat are threatened by somebody who wants to reduce the number of teats.  Imagine, Ted Cruz being the biggest enemy when you are a Republican or a conservative, either an elected official, a campaign official media figure or whatever. Ted Cruz!  Your biggest enemy! I said last night one of the things that that irritated me the most about the behavior of the assassins disguised as journalists/moderators in the debate last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SODPwHG-sL8

There was an overarching assumption as they attempted to impugn the character, the qualifications, the capabilities of all of these people on stage last night, and the overarching thing was that none of them are qualified. "None of 'em are qualified.  They don't know what they're doing."  And of course, the assumption is that every Democrat is qualified: Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama.  "Barack Obama is maybe the most unqualified president we've had in my lifetime."  He has been a singular disaster!

But you know why he's said to be qualified, and Hillary and all these people?

'Cause he cares about people. He's such a good guy. He's compassionate. And maybe he doesn't know he's doing, but he's trying.  He trying to help people.  At least that. The Republicans, you don't care if you keep people country, and you keep people out of their homes and keep people out of the abortion clinics and arm everybody," and it just goes on and on and on.  And it's why I get continually frustrated with Republicans who think they have to deal with these people, think they have to change their minds, think they have to persuade them if they're gonna win something. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Better a man who fights for what is right without winning all the battles than one who always succeeds in doing what is wrong. I have a lot of respect for Sen. Cruz.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

Better a man who fights for what is right without winning all the battles than one who always succeeds in doing what is wrong. I have a lot of respect for Sen. Cruz.

Me too.

The real losers are those who have no principles other than to be on the 'winning' side...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

More and more every day........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned. When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Rush show yesterday:

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Immediately after the debate last night... Well, actually it wasn't immediately after.  I got the note about this about twenty 'til 10 so there was still a little over a half hour left in the debate.  Apparently Brit Hume couldn't wait to pounce on Ted Cruz.  I know, it seems incongruous as it can be, but what Cruz did to irritate Brit Hume was to list all of the fights that he has led as senator and as attorney general, the things that he has tried to get done, the things he's tried to stop, the things he's tried to achieve.

So Brit Hume tweeted, "Ted Cruz going on about all the fights he's led in Washington. Never mentions the number of fights he's won.  The answer is none."  Is that how we're going to judge things now?  Ted Cruz, the one guy in the United States Senate that's trying to stop this decline of this country? The one guy trying to make something happen, the one guy trying to lead others, the one guy trying to turn the linguine-spined Republicans into spines of steel in the United States Senate?  Why do you think...? A good friend of mine sent me me a note.

"Why do you think a movement is called a 'movement'?  Because it has to move! If it doesn't make the case, if the movement doesn't make the case even in the face of temporary defeats, then it dies."  Where would Obama be if he had believed when the Berlin Wall fell down, that communism was finished?  Where would any of the leftist Democrats, the Alinskyites today be if they had just thrown in the towel?  "Oh, my God, our precious Berlin Wall is down!

"Our precious Soviet Union's over.  I guess that's it for us."  They didn't react that way, did they?  They never stop moving.  They never stop fighting.  They never stop trying to win.  And they don't win every time, and nobody puts that kind of judgment on them.  Everybody sits around and marvels at how often they do win, but in order to win, you have to move.  You have to have movement.  You have to lead efforts.  I mean, the Democrat Party had a bunch of people back in 1993 who thought, "You know, we've gotta abandon this drift to the left.

"It's over.  The Berlin Wall is down."  Ronald Reagan in 1976 lost the Republican presidential nomination.  I guess it was over.  "I guess Reagan's a failure.  He waged a fight and he lost.  Yeah, what good's Reagan?"  He kept fighting!  I really think this is instructive, too.  This is establishment-type thinking from inside the Beltway.  The left has lost every one of their battles until they've won them.  Name for me somebody that wins all the t.ime  I mean, this tweet, it was unnecessarily... Well, what is the point of going after Cruz last?  What is it?

Because there is this great fear inside the establishment, like I said yesterday and I mean it. I didn't know dDrudge was gonna make it his lead headline, but I tell you: The Republican establishment would much rather have Hillary Clinton than Ted Cruz.  Ted Cruz scares the hell out of them because Hillary will keep the government growing, Hillary will keep the money being redistributed. She'll keep taxing people. Government's gonna get bigger and there'll be all kinds of money around, all kinds of jobs in the government, all kinds of work for lobbyists and so forth.

Cruz stands for an attempt to reduce all of that, and so the people in Washington who feed off the federal teat are threatened by somebody who wants to reduce the number of teats.  Imagine, Ted Cruz being the biggest enemy when you are a Republican or a conservative, either an elected official, a campaign official media figure or whatever. Ted Cruz!  Your biggest enemy! I said last night one of the things that that irritated me the most about the behavior of the assassins disguised as journalists/moderators in the debate last night.

There was an overarching assumption as they attempted to impugn the character, the qualifications, the capabilities of all of these people on stage last night, and the overarching thing was that none of them are qualified. "None of 'em are qualified.  They don't know what they're doing."  And of course, the assumption is that every Democrat is qualified: Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama.  "Barack Obama is maybe the most unqualified president we've had in my lifetime."  He has been a singular disaster!

But you know why he's said to be qualified, and Hillary and all these people?

'Cause he cares about people. He's such a good guy. He's compassionate. And maybe he doesn't know he's doing, but he's trying.  He trying to help people.  At least that. The Republicans, you don't care if you keep people country, and you keep people out of their homes and keep people out of the abortion clinics and arm everybody," and it just goes on and on and on.  And it's why I get continually frustrated with Republicans who think they have to deal with these people, think they have to change their minds, think they have to persuade them if they're gonna win something. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Carl Bernstein was on Anderson Cooper 360 last night after the debate was over.  Anderson Cooper said, "Carl, we haven't heard from you yet on our roundtable.  What did you think of all this tonight?"

BERNSTEIN: I agree with the head of the Republican National Committee.  I thought it was a disgraceful performance by the sponsors of the debate, by CNBC, and the way they conducted it. And it was gotcha, and we need in the mainstream media, as Ted Cruz said, to start paying attention to the right-wing media.  I read it, I think we need to know what's going on out there.  It's not for nothing that there's a Republican Congress, and there may be a Republican president.  We're not paying enough attention.  What we saw tonight was the real Republican Party.  And it's very interesting, and it is a big threat to the Democrats.  People need to pay attention.

RUSH:  Holy cow, folks, that's blasphemy.  There's Carl Bernstein saying, "You people, you better start paying attention to the Republicans and the conservative media --" he called 'em right-wing media.  He could have been talking to Charlie Rose, who may not know there's a conservative media yet.  Well, no, I'm sure he knows that.  I take it back.  He just doesn't think it's legit.  But why do you think he said it?  Why did Carl Bernstein say it?  He said this precisely because these people are cloistered.  They hang around with each other.  They don't know. Doing this program I can tell you more about what liberals do, think, say, and are going to do than maybe even they know themselves.

They couldn't begin to give you the truth about me or any other conservative 'cause they don't take the time to study because in their minds we're not real, we're not legit.  We're bitter clingers. We're a tiny percentage. It's not even worth their time or trouble.  We're insignificant.  We, on the other hand, study them.  And every time I present or talk about an issue to you on this program, I am able to tell you what the left's position on that issue is, top to bottom, 100 percent fully accurate.  They can't do that about us.  They don't take the time.  Carl Bernstein's practically a communist.  Nora Ephron did that.  Yeah, it's true.  It's one of those sad things.  But he practically is and yet he's warning these people. When he said we saw the real the Republican, he's talking about Ted Cruz.

I'm telling you, they are fearful of Ted Cruz.  They mask that fear by laughing at him and making fun of him and all that, but they are afraid of him.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Frank Luntz, I referenced this earlier.  This is Luntz on CBS This Morning.  Charlie Rose said, "Hey, Frank, you watched last night's debate with a focus group of Republican voters.  Let me begin with Senator Cruz.  How well did that do, Frank?"

LUNTZ:  It did the best of anything that I have tested since I started doing debate testing in 1996.  It get up to a 97 and 98 out of a hundred.  To put it in perspective, we had 26 people in our Fox News group; 24 out of the 26 was giving him a perfect 100.  Now, he goes and he lists all the different questions.  And I want to point out, he never looks down at his notes.  He never has to refer to any -- any text.  He remembers every single question that every reporter asked, and people were stunned by that capability.  But the reacted even more favorably to the fact that he said, "Enough is enough."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/10/29/ted_cruz_one_man_leading_a_movement_that_scares_the_hell_out_of_washington

And wait until what you hear what he has to say today about it!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:40:44 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm reminded of the fable of The Tortoise and The Hare.  This is Ted Cruz's moment in the sun.  He has been quietly raising money and waiting for the right time to pounce.  He would be an excellent president that would strike fear in the hearts of the media and the establishment.  He is the dark horse and he is running a brilliant campaign.

Godspeed Ted Cruz!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Ted Cruz doesn't win ANY battles, and the last one he carried on he got slapped down 98-2.

Ted Cruz doesn't win battles because he thinks he's Don Quixote and he can do it all by himself.  He knows he'll have to make deals with everybody but Mike Lee, and Cruz won't make deals; he thinks deals are dirty.

So, he wins nothing and gets less and less relevant in the US Senate.  He has very little to recommend him for president; Ronald Reagan had eight years as a SUCCESSFUL governor of a very large state.

Ted has spent his time in the Senate running for president and getting sand kicked in his face.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ted Cruz doesn't win ANY battles, and the last one he carried on he got slapped down 98-2.

Ted Cruz doesn't win battles because he thinks he's Don Quixote and he can do it all by himself.  He knows he'll have to make deals with everybody but Mike Lee, and Cruz won't make deals; he thinks deals are dirty.

So, he wins nothing and gets less and less relevant in the US Senate.  He has very little to recommend him for president; Ronald Reagan had eight years as a SUCCESSFUL governor of a very large state.

Ted has spent his time in the Senate running for president and getting sand kicked in his face.

BS Sink! Watch the video I linked to above IF you dare!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Ted Cruz never disputes that he loses every battle he fights in the Senate.  He doesn't know how to work with other people.  Like Barack Obama, he's a narcissist who thinks by sheer force of his will he can make things happen.

He can't, and he hasn't.  And, he won't.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ted Cruz never disputes that he loses every battle he fights in the Senate.  He doesn't know how to work with other people.  Like Barack Obama, he's a narcissist who thinks by sheer force of his will he can make things happen.

He can't, and he hasn't.  And, he won't.

he looses those battles because the Senate is filled with Republican surrender monkeys like John Cornyn and Mitch McConnell who had rather bow to their corporate masters than fight for the people who elect them!

- J. R. R. Tolkien