Author Topic: Paul Ryan names top aides  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Paul Ryan names top aides
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 09:03:55 pm »
Let me flip it over, and say I believe that you, living in Texas, lack an unbiased view of the entire nation. The GOP has LOST the national popular vote 5 of the last 6 times, AND demographics are working against it as well.

California is the direction the nation is heading. I am not defending that. Merely pointing out the truth.

I predict the GOP will lose both the Presidency and the Senate majority. Part of the reason will be forgetfulness of their post 2012 "autopsy" wherein they admitted they needed more Hispanic and other minority voters. Yet today when reading forums, it is all in favor of expecting to get a higher percent of whites, who are a declining fraction of the whole.

The GOP remains the circular firing squad, the stupid party. One day they love Ryan and Paul and Rubio, soon thereafter they demean them. It happens over and over, and it illustrates an unrealistic view of our society, and how it is governed.

It is the GOP that is moving away from the voters, not the opposite.

We will just have to wait and see I suppose but if what you just laid out comes to pass this noble experiment in human liberty is dead and buried once and for all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 10:02:00 pm »
I predict the GOP will lose both the Presidency and the Senate majority.

Possibly, but it is certainly a bit early to be predicting what the state of the economy will be in another year, how the immigration crisis will impact the election, and who the Democrat nominee will be. We'll see.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 12:15:30 am »
Possibly, but it is certainly a bit early to be predicting what the state of the economy will be in another year, how the immigration crisis will impact the election, and who the Democrat nominee will be. We'll see.

One thing is certain:  if the GOP doesn't muzzle its nativist wing, and continues to alienate Hispanics, we have seen our last Republican president for a generation.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 12:26:24 am »
NavyCanDo asks:
"Again I ask, What's changed since 2012?  Paul Ryan was the conservative darling a few years ago when he gave that great speech in Norfolk, Virginia, in front of the USS Wisconsin."

What changed between then and now is that a lot of folks have since awakened and see Ryan for what he -was-: a poser who portrayed himself as something he wasn't.

And for who he has become today: just another Boehner wannabee.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 12:32:50 am »
One thing is certain:  if the GOP doesn't muzzle its nativist wing, and continues to alienate Hispanics, we have seen our last Republican president for a generation.

Of course! Muzzling those you disagree with is so very Mao!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 12:33:51 am »
truth_seeker writes above:
"It is the GOP that is moving away from the voters, not the opposite."

Because of changing demographics, "the voters" of today (and tomorrow) will have little in common -- in terms of cultural values, historical traditions, core belief systems, and racial backgroun -- as did the "voters of yesterday", i.e, the traditional white Euro-Americans.

The GOP -is not- "moving away" from its values, an increasing number of "erstwhile Americans" no longer care or show any interest in such values.

If the GOP were to do as you wish -- abandon its traditional values in an attempt to appeal to all these "new" voters (many who will acquire their "votes" under less-than-legal circumstances) -- it wouldn't be the Republican party any more.
It would become the "democratic/right" party, or something like that.

Which is what it kind of seems to be doing, anyway!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2015, 12:41:42 am »
Of course! Muzzling those you disagree with is so very Mao!

It's the truth. Trump has a 78% disapproval among Hispanics.  That's an electoral death sentence.   And the rest of the GOP isn't much better.

Amnesty is not the answer, but neither is threatening to round up 11 million HISPANICS, force them on buses and ship them to who knows where over 24 months.

That's sheer idiocy to talk like that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2015, 12:51:14 am »
It's the truth. Trump has a 78% disapproval among Hispanics.  That's an electoral death sentence.   And the rest of the GOP isn't much better.

Amnesty is not the answer, but neither is threatening to round up 11 million HISPANICS, force them on buses and ship them to who knows where over 24 months.

That's sheer idiocy to talk like that.

Who says that 78% of Hispanics disaprove? How do you know this Sink?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2015, 01:04:17 am »

Who says that 78% of Hispanics disaprove? How do you know this Sink?

Every poll I've seen says Hispanics despise Trump.  And I don't blame them.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2015, 01:08:12 am »

More name calling. Now those who are concerned about our porous borders and the millions of people who are here illegally (who are they?) are "nativists", and probably also racist, homophobes, sexists, chauvinists, flat earthers, deniers, heretics, infidels, war mongers...whew. Did I miss any names we can call such people so we don't really have to discuss the illegal immigration issue?

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2015, 01:31:32 am »
More name calling. Now those who are concerned about our porous borders and the millions of people who are here illegally (who are they?) are "nativists", and probably also racist, homophobes, sexists, chauvinists, flat earthers, deniers, heretics, infidels, war mongers...whew. Did I miss any names we can call such people so we don't really have to discuss the illegal immigration issue?

While you and I are nativists, "they" are conquistadors -- actually, RE-conquistadors. Just ask La Raza. They'll tell you what goal they have in mind for south western United States.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2015, 01:42:53 am »
Every poll I've seen says Hispanics despise Trump.  And I don't blame them.

So you REALLY don't know anything do you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2015, 03:17:50 am »

We've discussed the illegal immigration issue to death. Meanwhile, the country fills up with more illegals.

Get this through your head:  NOBODY IS GOING TO DEPORT ELEVEN MILLION PEOPLE.  IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

As long as Republicans think the solution is deportation, nothing changes.  Sometimes I think a portion of the GOP just wants it as an issue.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2015, 03:18:31 am »

So you REALLY don't know anything do you?

I know that three-quarters of Hispanics in the US despise Trump, no matter what he says.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2015, 03:41:01 am »
We've discussed the illegal immigration issue to death. Meanwhile, the country fills up with more illegals.

Not the issue. The issue is your name calling in lieu of intelligent discussion, plus this your present attempt to divert the discussion from your constant, unending, perpetual, ceaseless use of ad hominem attacks.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 03:47:13 am »
Not the issue. The issue is your name calling in lieu of intelligent discussion, plus this your present attempt to divert the discussion from your constant, unending, perpetual, ceaseless use of ad hominem attacks.

If you don't like the way I argue or discuss you can simply avoid my posts.

"Nativist" is an ad hominem only if you think I was referring to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 04:31:30 am »
I know that three-quarters of Hispanics in the US despise Trump, no matter what he says.

No you don't!  You only know what some polster with an agenda has told you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 05:10:51 am »
From the personal to the ridiculous.

If you don't like the way I argue or discuss you can simply avoid my posts.

"Nativist" is an ad hominem only if you think I was referring to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 05:52:23 am »
LOL!!  Selecting Ryan didn't cost Romney the election.   Romney cost Romney the election, and the ahole evangelicals who stayed home rather than vote for a Mormon.
Romney fed into the stereotype that the GOP favors the wealthy.  His 47% comment and Romneycare didn't help either, but you are 100% correct that VP candidate Ryan didn't cost him the election.

I assume some Mormon hatred was a factor, but Romney had a compelling life story to tell and he did not know how to brag about it.  add in white guilt and it makes for an unclear picture of exactly why Romney failed.

That being said I'm glad you're pointing out the stupidity of the right fringe my friend.  Any ahole who says their hands are clean because they refused to vote for an imperfect Romney deserves the reaming they get from Obama

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 05:53:51 am »
Rush Limbaugh Aug 2012
“I don't recall a vice presidential pick which has so energized the party.  I don't remember a vice presidential pick that has so energized a campaign as this choice of Paul Ryan.
These crowds, these standing-room-only crowds, the enthusiasm at these rallies, something about this, just a gut feeling I have. I don't want to attach too much to it because it was gonna happen anyway, a vice presidential pick, but I've been thinking about this all weekend long. I go back and forth, the positives, the negatives, the strict political science analysis of it.  Then you compare that with just the gut feel, and you come away with... at least I have come away with the following conclusion.  This is it.  This election, we've said it before and others have said it, but this is ball game.”

Again I ask, What's changed since 2012?  Paul Ryan was the conservative darling a few years ago when he gave that great speech in Norfolk, Virginia, in front of the USS Wisconsin. I think the Paul Ryan haters are not being  influenced by their  own findings but by the comments of others? Others on the forum call him another RINO and you just in lock step fall into the parade.
Well then I ask you – if Not Paul Ryan then who?   Who is conservative enough for you? – and it must be someone that wants the position?

Great catch Navy.

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2015, 06:08:30 am »
The GOP remains the circular firing squad, the stupid party. One day they love Ryan and Paul and Rubio, soon thereafter they demean them. It happens over and over, and it illustrates an unrealistic view of our society, and how it is governed.

Ouch.  The truth hurts.

On the other hand the rats are also feeling an anti-establishment mood.  You should not discount that sentiment just because the GOP is stupid.

People hate Obama.  People think the country is headed in the wrong direction and they don't like Hitlery.  I believe who ever the GOP nominates will win.  Not sure about the Senate but I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that we will lose the Senate and I think it would take an act of God to defeat the House redistricting.

That being said, your comments are logical, frightening, and easier accept with a few stiff drinks.

I hope you are wrong, but I know better than bet against you.

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2015, 06:34:28 am »
truth_seeker writes above:
"It is the GOP that is moving away from the voters, not the opposite."

Because of changing demographics, "the voters" of today (and tomorrow) will have little in common -- in terms of cultural values, historical traditions, core belief systems, and racial backgroun -- as did the "voters of yesterday", i.e, the traditional white Euro-Americans.

The GOP -is not- "moving away" from its values, an increasing number of "erstwhile Americans" no longer care or show any interest in such values.

If the GOP were to do as you wish -- abandon its traditional values in an attempt to appeal to all these "new" voters (many who will acquire their "votes" under less-than-legal circumstances) -- it wouldn't be the Republican party any more.
It would become the "democratic/right" party, or something like that.

Which is what it kind of seems to be doing, anyway!

Everytime I think I have a grasp on your mind, you throw me curve ball.  I suspect we both frequent some of the darker corners of the internet because of the phrases, and ideas I see you post, but then you introduce a complexity of those  points of view that I don't find at the source.

I don't necessarily agree with your points here, but I am fascinated by your seemingly unassailable perspective.  Nicely constructed argument.

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2015, 06:50:54 am »
That you got racist, homophobes, sexists, chauvinists, flat earthers, deniers, heretics, infidels, and war mongers out of nativist says more about you than Sinksur.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2015, 07:09:08 am »
People hate Obama. 
Yeah, people hated Clinton then Obama. And people elected them both, twice.

In fact the people that hate Obama are outnumbered by the people that voted for him.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2015, 07:22:07 am »
Yeah, people hated Clinton then Obama. And people elected them both, twice.

In fact the people that hate Obama are outnumbered by the people that voted for him.

If you're going to just splash cold water on my boozed up delusions, with facts and logic, then I'm going to sit here and fume impotently and dejected.  I hope you're happy. :laugh: