Author Topic: Non-Smoker Paul Ryan Encounters Putrid Reality as He Moves Into Boehner’s Office  (Read 622 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11/01/non-smoker-paul-ryan-encounters-putrid-reality-as-he-moves-into-boehners-office/

Non-Smoker Paul Ryan Encounters Putrid Reality as He Moves Into Boehner’s Office
Nov. 1, 2015 3:00pm Kaitlyn Schallhorn   

Newly elected Speaker of the House Paul Ryan knows exactly what he’s going to have to do right away — get that cigarette smell out of his new office.

Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Ryan (R-Wis.) asserted that he’s really not a fan of the smell of smoke, especially in his new office. Ryan, who has been known to sleep in his office on occasion and is a intense fitness aficionado, said that he usually begins his day at 6 a.m. and ends it shortly before midnight.

But as he said he’s prepared to “do the people’s work,” getting the smell of smoke out of his new office that his predecessor Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) left for him will take some work.

“[T]hey have these ozone machines, apparently, that you can detoxify the environment. But I’m going to have to work on the carpeting in here,” Ryan said. “You know when you ever go to a hotel room or get a rental car that has been smoked? That’s what this smells like.”

Ryan has been open about his disapproval of his predecessors’s smoking habits in the past. In an interview with Time in 2014, Ryan said he’s never asked Boehner to stop smoking in his presence.

“But I try to sit as far away from him as I can in meetings that I know are going to be stressful,” Ryan did say. “I just hate getting that smell in my clothes.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I thought there were laws about smoking in federal buildings....oh wait..never mind... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I thought there were laws about smoking in federal buildings....oh wait..never mind... :smokin:

:silly: ... I'm sure there's probably some liquor bottles stashed around there too.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Smoke residue is the least of your problems, Mr. Speaker.

Online libertybele

Smoke residue is the least of your problems, Mr. Speaker.

Yep, a bottle of Febreeze and he should be good to go.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yep, a bottle of Febreeze and he should be good to go.
A couple years ago I came across a car for dirt cheap. The car ran great, but a smoker had used it and it had a nasty cigarette smell. It took a couple vacuumings but it came out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

So...his first point of business is to first get the "smoke smell" out of his office ... which apparently is absolutely newsworthy.  Gottcha!  Ah yes ..... hopefully this isn't any indication how things are going to go with the new Speaker. Perhaps we could entice Ryan just to keep Obama busy with a few rounds of golf, well, actually a lot of rounds of golf.  If both of them are busy golfing maybe things won't be so bad.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So...his first point of business is to first get the "smoke smell" out of his office ... which apparently is absolutely newsworthy.  Gottcha!  Ah yes ..... hopefully this isn't any indication how things are going to go with the new Speaker. Perhaps we could entice Ryan just to keep Obama busy with a few rounds of golf, well, actually a lot of rounds of golf.  If both of them are busy golfing maybe things won't be so bad.
There is a symbolic issue here with smoke-filled rooms and all.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

There is a symbolic issue here with smoke-filled rooms and all.

Very true.  One would think those who wished ill to Boehner would wish every part of him exorcised, including his smoke.