Author Topic: Sheriff says third video shows student assaulting officer before desk-flipping takedown  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Paladin

High school students don't get to vote or make important decisions for a reason.

They're kids.

Who said they were voting or making important decisions on anything? Oh, yeah, that would be you, grousing because these "kids" disagree with you and are showing more sense and a more correct assessment of this incident than you ever have or will.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

Who said they were voting or making important decisions on anything? Oh, yeah, that would be you, grousing because these "kids" disagree with you and are showing more sense and a more correct assessment of this incident than you ever have or will.

You have a nice night.  These "kids" are kids.  Throwing a teenager in a desk backward then dragging her out of a classroom while still in the desk is not something a thoughtful human being does. Especially when the brute involved outweighs the kid by 150 pounds.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

You have a nice night.  These "kids" are kids.  Throwing a teenager in a desk backward then dragging her out of a classroom while still in the desk is not something a thoughtful human being does. Especially when the brute involved outweighs the kid by 150 pounds.
She needed tossing.

Offline sinkspur

She needed tossing.

Maybe. Let her father do it and not some hotheaded cop.

Offline flowers

Maybe. Let her father do it and not some hotheaded cop.
Does she even know her father? :smokin:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The school principal called the protest "an orderly student-led activity" and noted, "I addressed the students to let them know that we understood their need to make their voices heard. Then I reminded them that Spring Valley high is all about the business of teaching and learning, so it’s time to go back to class." Within less than 10 minutes, the students peacefully went back to class, he said, per The State.

The irony here is that the student that originally disrupted the class was preventing "the business of teaching and learning" for how long?  I'm sure the whole episode took long enough for the students to miss a valuable class, one that will be difficult to make up.  How long were authorities supposed to let this one kid stop all of the other kids from getting the education they were supposed to be getting?

I agree that the authorities could have handled it better.  I hope this is cause for reviewing procedures to deal with students that refuse to act appropriately in class. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Paladin

Which once again raises the questions: what should he have done? How would you have handled it?

Previously you have hidden behind, "I wasn't there. Don't know." but apparently, whether there or not, you are able to critique the officer's conduct. Therefore, you MUST know an alternative which would have worked. So what is it?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

Which once again raises the questions: what should he have done? How would you have handled it?

Previously you have hidden behind, "I wasn't there. Don't know." but apparently, whether there or not, you are able to critique the officer's conduct. Therefore, you MUST know an alternative which would have worked. So what is it?

I would never have called in a cop.  Tell the girl to go to the office and, if she's unwilling to behave, expel her until she's ready.

That the administration called in a cop shows what a failure they were.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Does she even know her father? :smokin:

Apparently she is living in foster care.  She is obviously a troubled child and is headed for a life of trouble if someone can't step in and try to straighten her out.  The first lesson she needs to learn is that when you fight authority - authority always wins.  The kid needs some tough love and coddling her isn't going to do HER any favors.  If not, she will be another wasted life.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

They have many wasted lives. It is part of the plan.

Offline Paladin

I would never have called in a cop.  Tell the girl to go to the office and, if she's unwilling to behave, expel her until she's ready.

That the administration called in a cop shows what a failure they were.

ROTFLMAO.

Totally absurd. They told her to go to the office, both her teacher and the asst principal. She wouldn't. So now your plan is for someone to pronounce over her, "You are hereby expelled", which would have accomplished what? Then she would have complied, put away her cell phone, and gone home? Great plan there, outstanding, first rate.

Your stubbornness and unwillingness to face the facts makes discussion of this with you pointless and shows this to be true beyond measure: "these "kids"...are showing more sense and a more correct assessment of this incident than you ever have or will."

Offline sinkspur

ROTFLMAO.

Totally absurd. They told her to go to the office, both her teacher and the asst principal. She wouldn't. So now your plan is for someone to pronounce over her, "You are hereby expelled", which would have accomplished what? Then she would have complied, put away her cell phone, and gone home? Great plan there, outstanding, first rate.

Your stubbornness and unwillingness to face the facts makes discussion of this with you pointless and shows this to be true beyond measure: "these "kids"...are showing more sense and a more correct assessment of this incident than you ever have or will."

She would go to the office if I were the teacher. I would take her there myself.

Call her mother and tell her to come get her rat kid.

Calling the cops on kids  is an admission of failure by school administrators.

Offline Paladin

She would go to the office if I were the teacher. I would take her there myself.

Of course you would. But how? She adamantly refused to leave her chair.

That is precisely what led to the confrontation. So you, as teacher, were going to overcome her intractability by?