Author Topic: Ann Coulter: The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth, But They Shouldn't Be President  (Read 649 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth, But They Shouldn't Be President

Ann Coulter

It took a billionaire living the glamorous New York City life to exhibit real Christian courage by going against every elite group in the nation, every media outlet, every well-heeled donor, to defend America from destruction by immigration.

Baptist leader Russell Moore, desperate for liberal approval, claims that Christian conservatives "must repudiate everything they believe" in order to support Donald Trump, who "incites division, with slurs against Hispanic immigrants and with protectionist jargon that preys on turning economic insecurity into ugly 'us versus them' identity politics." (Please like me, New York Times!)

Moore is especially offended by Trump's "boisterous confidence" and "waving arms" -- as he put it in the Times, journal of respectable liberal opinion. (Do Baptist preachers ever wave their arms? Somebody Google that.)

How would Gen. Douglas MacArthur fare with today's evangelical leaders? Ronald Reagan was a visibly devout Christian, but Richard Nixon wasn't. Joe McCarthy wasn't. MacArthur wasn't.

Sometimes the country needs a man.

The idea that Christians are supposed to be milquetoasts is liberal propaganda. Ask the money-changers how meek Jesus was. (Not the Clintons; I mean the other money-changers.) God commanded the Israelites to go to certain cities and kill "every living thing." As I recall, the Crusaders were a little rough around the edges. When Trump attacks, he targets the rich and powerful. When the elites attack, they target the average American and everything he cares about.

When Trump boasts -- about his wealth, his family, his intelligence -- it's funny, not mean-spirited. No one feels inferior. In fact, legions of political commentators who've never accomplished anything in their entire lives feel immensely superior to Trump.

No doubt, wisdom shall die with them. (Job 12:1 -- one of many examples of sarcasm in the Bible, a rhetorical device bossy Christians tell us is un-Christian.)

By contrast, Trump's personal style is denounced by the Piety Police with smug certitude, to showcase their superior moral understanding.

more at:     http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2015/10/28/the-meek-shall-inherit-the-earth-but-they-shouldnt-be-president-n2072486

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

con't:

Christians obsessed with ostentatious shows of religiosity in public life have basically the same disease as liberals who go around being offended all the time. It's all posturing. Trump's a Christian. This is a Christian country. How about helping keep it that way?

Although Trump has been winning the largest percentage of evangelical voters, evangelical "insiders" like Moore hate him. A poll of "insiders" hand-picked by anti-Trump Warren Cole Smith found only 1.1 percent of evangelical leaders supporting Trump, with 37.4 percent supporting Marco Rubio -- as their betters had hoped.

Smith sent the results of his survey to media outlets under the headline: "Evangelicals do NOT support Trump."

The problem is, they do. Evidently, the flock is not as dumb or "easily led" -- in the words of The Washington Post -- as evangelical leaders think.

While the Russell Moores and Warren Cole Smiths urgently warn conservative Christians that Trump is a model-marrying libertine, actual evangelicals understand that this is entirely beside the point.

This is not an election about who can check off the most boxes on an evangelical lifestyle list. This is an election about saving the concept of America, the last hope for Christianity on the planet.

A country in which partial birth abortions are freely available, but children can't hold hands and pray in school, is not a country where Christians are winning.

What difference does it make where a candidate stands on abortion or gay marriage, when a few more years of our current immigration flow will mean no Republican can ever be elected president again and nine Ruth Bader Ginsburgs will sit on the Supreme Court?

Unless Americans stop being outvoted by foreigners, Christians -- as well as libertarians, neoconservatives, fiscal conservatives and moderate Democrats -- have no hope of winning anything, anywhere, anytime. The last Christian country on Earth will be no more .

Evangelicals don't need candidates to have religious ecstasies on stage. They need a man with the courage to stand up to the infectious madness pushing Third World immigration on our country.

Marco Rubio devoted his entire Senate career to pushing amnesty -- but he made a point of letting the press know that he went to church on Wednesday this week, the day of the debate.

Meanwhile, Trump's pitch to the religious right is: Yeah, I don't go to church that much. (At least we know he's not lying!) But he promises to build a wall, deport illegals and end anchor babies.

more at:http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2015/10/28/the-meek-shall-inherit-the-earth-but-they-shouldnt-be-president-n2072486/page/2

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

"While the Russell Moores and Warren Cole Smiths urgently warn conservative Christians that Trump is a model-marrying libertine, actual evangelicals understand that this is entirely beside the point.

This is not an election about who can check off the most boxes on an evangelical lifestyle list. This is an election about saving the concept of America, the last hope for Christianity on the planet."

Brilliance should be repeated.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
This is not an election about who can check off the most boxes on an evangelical lifestyle list. This is an election about saving the concept of America, the last hope for Christianity on the planet.

This is the reason why so many "conservatives" like Trump - it's not about him being pious or genteel or humble - it's about him being able to defeat the bull$hit Democrat party and their revolting lying criminal candidate by spitting on political correctness and not being so afraid of the media to tell it like it is.

So, a lot of people are holding out for a "respectable" and "honorable" candidate - what good is winning the battle if you lose the war?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

Coulter's sell-by date was around the year 2000.  That's when she was the height of her popularity and appeal to conservatives.

Now, she's turned into an old maid shrew, sucking on cigarettes and scotch, and lining up behind a man who has been a Democrat his entire adult life, but now, because he throws out "build a wall" and "I'll deport 11 million in two years" (Neither of which he could accomplish even if elected), it doesn't matter what else he believes, according to Ann.

Get those Messicans outta here and life will be good.  It will be nirvana, in fact, according to Ann.

"When Trump talks about his wealth, his family, his intelligence--it's funny, not mean-spirited. Nobody feels inferior."

No, nobody feels inferior because a clown can't make anybody feel inferior, even though Trump throws ad hominems at his opponents at every turn.  That's the cheapest form of criticism:  slam somebody's religion, or demeanor, or family. 

If evangelicals support a man who was all-in on abortion (even partial-birth abortion) two years ago--TWO YEARS AGO--who never darkens the door of any Presbyterian church, and trashes his opponents unmercifully, then they're a bunch of phonies. 

Evangelicals would never have voted for Obama, yet they're supporting a man who is EXACTLY like Obama in his personality, a lot of his policies, and his contempt for his opponents and anybody who expresses a divergent opinion.

"This election is not about you.  It's about me."  Trump said that last night, begging for a turnaround in the polls. 

If you believe in a young earth, you'll believe anything.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Coulter's sell-by date was around the year 2000.  That's when she was the height of her popularity and appeal to conservatives.

Now, she's turned into an old maid shrew, sucking on cigarettes and scotch, and lining up behind a man who has been a Democrat his entire adult life, but now, because he throws out "build a wall" and "I'll deport 11 million in two years" (Neither of which he could accomplish even if elected), it doesn't matter what else he believes, according to Ann.

Get those Messicans outta here and life will be good.  It will be nirvana, in fact, according to Ann.

"When Trump talks about his wealth, his family, his intelligence--it's funny, not mean-spirited. Nobody feels inferior."

No, nobody feels inferior because a clown can't make anybody feel inferior, even though Trump throws ad hominems at his opponents at every turn.  That's the cheapest form of criticism:  slam somebody's religion, or demeanor, or family. 

If evangelicals support a man who was all-in on abortion (even partial-birth abortion) two years ago--TWO YEARS AGO--who never darkens the door of any Presbyterian church, and trashes his opponents unmercifully, then they're a bunch of phonies. 

Evangelicals would never have voted for Obama, yet they're supporting a man who is EXACTLY like Obama in his personality, a lot of his policies, and his contempt for his opponents and anybody who expresses a divergent opinion.

"This election is not about you.  It's about me."  Trump said that last night, begging for a turnaround in the polls. 

Who believes in a young earth?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

Wow.....

One one hand, your won-lost record is pretty good...in terms of predicting outcomes, etc..

But on Donald Trump, it's like you've hit your head hard on a cabinet and lost a few dozen IQ points.

Just on Trump, mind you.... :laugh:

I'm predicting a huge win for him tonight, and that you'll be mumbling walking your halls.   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:50:53 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

Offline sinkspur

Who believes in a young earth?

LOTS AND LOTS of evangelicals.

Offline sinkspur

Wow.....

One one hand, your won-lost record is pretty good...in terms of predicting outcomes, etc..

But on Donald Trump, it's like you've hit your head hard on a cabinet and lost a few dozen IQ points.

Just on Trump, mind you.... :laugh:

I'm predicting a huge win for him tonight, and that you'll be mumbling walking your halls.

DC, Trump's performance in debates has been pretty shabby.  He's best when he's on stage by himself, saying whatever the hell he wants to say (and it is ALWAYS about him and his "polls").  When he has to actually talk about policy (and not his standing in the polls, how much he loves women, and how low energy all his opponents are) he doesn't fare too well.

But I'm sure you'll be on here telling everybody else how magnificently Trump performed tonight.

Me?  I'm watching the World Series.  So, enjoy your boy's preening.

Offline EdinVA

So, a lot of people are holding out for a "respectable" and "honorable" candidate - what good is winning the battle if you lose the war?

:beer:

Offline aligncare

This part was fine. Focused on your disgust for and criticism of candidate Trump:

DC, Trump's performance in debates has been pretty shabby.  He's best when he's on stage by himself, saying whatever the hell he wants to say (and it is ALWAYS about him and his "polls").  When he has to actually talk about policy (and not his standing in the polls, how much he loves women, and how low energy all his opponents are) he doesn't fare too well.

This part was not:

But I'm sure you'll be on here telling everybody else how magnificently Trump performed tonight.

Me?  I'm watching the World Series.  So, enjoy your boy's preening.

A personal slap at your friend. There are other ways to have a political discussion, ya know.

Offline sinkspur

This part was fine. Focused on your disgust for and criticism of candidate Trump:

This part was not:

A personal slap at your friend. There are other ways to have a political discussion, ya know.

I wasn't slapping DC.  I was slapping Trump. 

He's a great Christian.  Did you know that?  He'll tell you that and he'll also tell you that these damned Christians are letting him down.