Author Topic: Ben Carson's Campaign: I'm Contacting the Other Candidates to Coordinate a Group Revolt Against the Current Debate Structure and Demand Changes  (Read 971 times)

rangerrebew

October 29, 2015
Ben Carson's Campaign: I'm Contacting the Other Candidates to Coordinate a Group Revolt Against the Current Debate Structure and Demand Changes

You go, Doctor Carson.

After a performance by CNBC moderators that Republicans characterized as both biased and inept, a manager for a top GOP campaign says he will try to organize other campaigns to force the Republican National Committee to make "wholesale change" in the debate process.

In an interview shortly after the debate, Barry Bennett, manager of the Ben Carson campaign, called the session here in Colorado "unfair to everyone" and said the current debate structure should not remain in place. "I think the families need to get together here, because these debates as structured by the RNC are not helping the party," Bennett said. "There's not enough time to talk about your plans, there's no presentation. It's just a slugfest. All we do is change moderators. And the trendline is horrific. So I think there needs to be wholesale change here."

Bennett said he will call Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski Thursday to propose a unified call for change. "Corey and I talk regularly, so I will talk to him," Bennett said. "I will call Frank Sadler (Carly Fiorina's campaign manager), I will call those guys and say listen, we can choose our own network and our own format. We don't need to be led around like prize steers."

"I think at this point, if five or six of us get together, who generate the largest portion of the audience, we can force change," Bennett said.

Bennett noted that the Carson and Trump campaigns forced CNBC to shorten the debate and allow opening and closing statements. If campaigns can compel that kind of change, the reasoning goes, perhaps they can push for a more fundamental reworking of the debate structure.

Outstanding.

And I've been screaming about not just bias in the question, but bias in who the questions are directed to.

John Kasich is barely registering in the polls, down at Rand Paul levels. And yet he got the lion's share of speaking time:

Why the hell is he getting more time than #1 Trump and #2 Carson? For all the obvious reasons: Because he's the most liberal candidate, and he is willing to trash not just the other Republican candidates but conservatism as a general matter, so the liberal moderators view him as "one of us" and the The Only Sane Man in the Room.

Plus, he's there to do part of their dirty work for them.

Not surprisingly, the New John Huntsman, as Allah calls him, has nothing but praise for the CNBC moderators.

I could also note that Rubio is kinda liked by liberals, and is, get this, getting more time than anyone, and Chris Christie believes in global warming, and lookee here, he gets much more time than his polling would warrant.

Kasich is the most egregious and obvious example, but the liberal media really isn't interested in hearing from anyone but sort of liberal people.

http://ace.mu.nu/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:40:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EdinVA

I like it... I hope the other candidates support this.

Offline NavyCanDo

Why was Trump in his interview by CNBC right after the debate giving them praises, saying it was a good debate and a fun debate?  He said nothing about the outrageous performance of the moderators.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:48:29 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Lando Lincoln

Why was Trump in his interview by CNBC right after the debate giving them praises, saying it was a good debate and a fun debate?  He said nothing about the outrageous performance of the moderators.

I agree, especially after Harwood, in response to Trump saying the format was modified per his and Carson's demands, absolutely lied in saying the debate was always planned to be two hours.  I expected Trump to be seething.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GAJohnnie

I like it... I hope the other candidates support this.

I am pretty sure Trump will be all over this.

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck