Author Topic: Jeff Sessions Says His ‘Knees Quiver’ Over Boehner-Obama Deal  (Read 302 times)

Offline Paladin

Boehner sells out as he walks out.

"Alabama GOP Sen. Jeff Sessions says he is uncomfortable with what he knows about the proposed budget deal struck between outgoing speaker John Boehner and President Barack Obama.

“My knees quiver at the sound,” Sessions told reporters Monday evening, according to Politico, as details of the deal became public.

“I’m worried about how fast it’s moving,” Sessions added. “I see no reason for that. Based on what I know now, it appears the president got whatever he wanted.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/27/jeff-sessions-says-his-knees-quiver-over-boehner-obama-deal/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

Re: Jeff Sessions Says His ‘Knees Quiver’ Over Boehner-Obama Deal
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 03:57:46 am »
A second story on the same theme from The Blaze.

In his last days as speaker, John Boehner was intent on getting the measure through Congress quickly to head off a market-rattling debt crisis next week and a government shutdown in December. The deal also would take budget showdowns off the table until after the 2016 presidential and congressional elections, a potential boon to the eventual GOP nominee and incumbents facing tough re-election fights.

“The agreement isn’t perfect by any means,” but the alternative was a debt limit increase without any entitlement reform or money for troops, Boehner told reporters. “So this is a good deal.”

The Ohio Republican also said his goal was to “clean out the barn” for the next speaker. “I’ve done my best to clean it up,” he said.

A coalition of Democrats, Republican defense hawks, and GOP pragmatists appeared poised to power the legislation into law over opposition from the tea party forces that eased Boehner out.

“We can’t stop it. He’s in league with the Democrats,” Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., said of Boehner. “I mean I don’t think there’s anything you can do at this point.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/27/we-cant-stop-it-hes-in-league-with-the-democrats-outgoing-boehner-looks-to-ram-through-deal-with-obama-over-conservative-opposition/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.