Author Topic: Rubio Gives Up on the Senate  (Read 5324 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rubio Gives Up on the Senate
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 02:16:45 pm »
Thanks for that find, famous. Fahrenthold is some piece of work.

I know a little about journalists, I trained as one. Journalists are not reporters, as the legend would have us believe, they are crusaders.

They start developing a story with a conclusion already in mind. They're like a prosecutor trying to prove guilt. They present only those facts that support their conclusion. They concoct attributions, omit conflicting data, basically make up stuff. Yes, they are that dishonest. And as currently configured, they are a danger to good government.

AMEN!

If it fits their narrative or if they can MAKE it fit their narrative it gets ink otherwise it file 13!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 02:19:22 pm »
Knew it would show up! Knew it!

Had to read down a ways but it was there just like I knew it would be!

Me too....I was surprised nobody beat me to it.

FYI....I was being sarcastic, but I guess it didn't come across that way.  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2015, 02:23:24 pm »
Me too....I was surprised nobody beat me to it.

FYI....I was being sarcastic, but I guess it didn't come across that way.  :shrug:

OK! No harm done!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2015, 02:26:17 pm »
And in case anyone is interested, Rubio ranked only one or two notches above Trump on my list to begin with.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2015, 02:33:50 pm »
And in case anyone is interested, Rubio ranked only one or two notches above Trump on my list to begin with.

:beer:   
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 02:54:41 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 03:55:33 pm »
So....Marco and Sarah do have something in common, don't they?   :laugh:
Not quite. Rubio is still going to finish out his term and isn't walking out midway in a trail of mismanagement.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »
Not quite. Rubio is still going to finish out his term and isn't walking out midway in a trail of mismanagement.

Really?  Missing every other vote and giving up on bills before they even come up is NOT what I call serving his constituents but what do I know?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2015, 04:09:10 pm »
One thing to keep in mind.  It is very important that any of the candidates take Florida.  Rubio needs to take his home state.  His pro-amnesty stance, being a Gang of Eight member and his lack of participation in the Senate for a state in which he really needs to win; perhaps isn't the wisest campaign strategy.

Can't disagree on that.

I admit, however, that I'm still thinking seriously about Rubio because of his grasp of foreign policy.  I think protection against our enemies abroad and within is the most critical issue of our day.

And I think Rubio is strong on it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2015, 04:21:05 pm »
Rubio has the benefits of speaking well and clearly and being a very attractive candidate on TV (which gets him heard by more people than would bother paying attention otherwise). When he speaks, he comes across as intelligent and knowledgable.  Another important factor in actually being heard.  These qualities, I believe, will stand up regardless of this kind of inside baseball - most voters will not care about him not running for the Senate in Florida.  And if he is the standard bearer, I don't think Florida voters will hold that against him in the Presidential vote...other things they might (his position on a couple of hot issues there) but not this I think.  Bigger things will overwhelm this...what do we call it, a procedural issue.  There are plenty of good reasons why he wouldn't run for two offices at once.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »
Rubio has the benefits of speaking well and clearly and being a very attractive candidate on TV (which gets him heard by more people than would bother paying attention otherwise). When he speaks, he comes across as intelligent and knowledgable.  Another important factor in actually being heard.  These qualities, I believe, will stand up regardless of this kind of inside baseball - most voters will not care about him not running for the Senate in Florida.  And if he is the standard bearer, I don't think Florida voters will hold that against him in the Presidential vote...other things they might (his position on a couple of hot issues there) but not this I think.  Bigger things will overwhelm this...what do we call it, a procedural issue.  There are plenty of good reasons why he wouldn't run for two offices at once.

Good post with many good points.

I agree.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 02:17:39 am »
Oceander wrote above:
"That's a shame.  Apparently he can't stand the heat."

From what I hear, the kitchen in the White House is much hotter...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 05:38:59 am »
Good post with many good points.

I agree.

Dittos to what musiclady said.  Good post Scottftlc.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 12:12:32 am »
Oceander wrote above:
"That's a shame.  Apparently he can't stand the heat."

From what I hear, the kitchen in the White House is much hotter...

Which is a big problem, isn't it?