Author Topic: Donald Trump on Media: “They’re Scum, They’re Horrible People”  (Read 2270 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Donald Trump on Media: “They’re Scum, They’re Horrible People”
Jim Hoft

Trump on the media:

“The Des Moines Register is a terrible paper. No, it really is. A very liberal paper by the way. I believe I am winning in Iowa. By the way, there are other polls that say I am winning in Iowa by the way. This was two small polls. And all over the country I am winning by massive numbers. But, I will say I think I am winning in Iowa> I’m doing really well with Evangelicals, the Tea Party, everyone else… The media has a lower approval rating than Congress. And you’re right, they’re scum. They’re horrible people.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnY81H3tvSU

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/10/donald-trump-on-the-media-theyre-scum-theyre-horrible-people/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Donald Trump on Media: “They’re Scum, They’re Horrible People”
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 11:22:09 am »
He likes saying "by the way".  He is right about the media, by the way.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:07:44 pm »
Even the TRUMP folks whom dislike him have to agree the media are "scumbags" right up there with politicians. :patriot:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 08:14:54 pm »
He likes saying "by the way".  He is right about the media, by the way.

If 'they' were to sand off his rough edges, we wouldn't recognize him.

He needs to be himself to maintain his draw to 'everyman'.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 08:45:16 pm »
This will get him more air time and interviews as every media outlet in sight will be clamoring to challenge him on his scumbag comment. Matt Lauer is speed-dialing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:45:54 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 09:16:35 pm »
One wonders what a White House press briefing would be like.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 09:19:02 pm »
One wonders what a White House press briefing would be like.
:laugh:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 09:28:41 pm »

The longer this process plays out the more convinced I am that Trump's challenges to the RNC (and DNC) are important and necessary. Both parties are out of touch with the average citizen and Trump is a reminder that we, the voters, still have - no pun intended - a Trump card to play.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 09:35:00 pm »
The longer this process plays out the more convinced I am that Trump's challenges to the RNC (and DNC) are important and necessary. Both parties are out of touch with the average citizen and Trump is a reminder that we, the voters, still have - no pun intended - a Trump card to play.
Also notice how people are starting to say no to media? Not very many, yet it is noticeable.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 10:57:56 pm »

:amen:  I'm looking forward to the next GOP debate tomorrow. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 11:03:14 pm »
:amen:  I'm looking forward to the next GOP debate tomorrow.
So am I!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 11:07:28 pm »
Opinions of the media aside, Trump is miffed that he's number two in several polls, so he lashes out at the DesMoines Register.

That's a Trump signature:  lash out at anyone who opposes him and call them names.

I called Trump a scumbag on this website the other night and got lashes for it.  But it's OK for Trump to use the term in public.

What a damned double standard the Trump****s on this forum seem to have.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 11:10:37 pm »
Interesting polling numbers -- what I am most optimistic about is that in several polls Cruz is actually polling ahead of Jeb and in some polls, Cruz is actually polling at 10%.  The three that seem to be dominating the polls are Trump, Carson and Rubio and Fiorina has really taken a beating.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 11:20:20 pm »
Interesting polling numbers -- what I am most optimistic about is that in several polls Cruz is actually polling ahead of Jeb and in some polls, Cruz is actually polling at 10%.  The three that seem to be dominating the polls are Trump, Carson and Rubio and Fiorina has really taken a beating.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
They play with poll numbers all the time. What to believe anymore?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 11:44:03 pm »
Opinions of the media aside, Trump is miffed that he's number two in several polls, so he lashes out at the DesMoines Register.

That's a Trump signature:  lash out at anyone who opposes him and call them names.

I called Trump a scumbag on this website the other night and got lashes for it.  But it's OK for Trump to use the term in public.

What a damned double standard the Trump****s on this forum seem to have.

Don't include me, my friend.  Nothing you say here offends me.

If I were the Pope here, I'd give you dispensation and maybe seven swear words.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:05:42 am by DCPatriot »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 12:07:55 am »
They play with poll numbers all the time. What to believe anymore?

Absolutely they do and at this stage of the game they are MUCH more about trying to influence opinions than measuring them! 

I'm  just watching and waiting until some actual voting starts.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 01:06:00 am »
NavyCanDo muses:
"One wonders what a White House press briefing would be like."

Wait sixteens months, and you may not have to "wonder" any longer!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 01:26:17 am »
NavyCanDo muses:
"One wonders what a White House press briefing would be like."

Wait sixteens months, and you may not have to "wonder" any longer!

Never going to happen.. If Trump is the nominee, he is going to lose.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 03:38:46 am »

Never going to happen.. If Trump is the nominee, he is going to lose.

Trump certainly has a better chance against Hillary than Carson, Bush, Graham or Christie.

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!!