Author Topic: Support of Farrakhan organization may force Ben Carson to separate from longtime adviser  (Read 708 times)

Offline Carling

:pondering:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/support_of_farrakhan_organization_may_force_ben_carson_to_separate_from_longtime_adviser.html

Morton Klein of the Zionist Organization of America is calling on presidential candidate Ben Carson to sever ties with his longtime confidante, business manager and top outside campaign adviser, Armstrong Williams.

On October 5 Williams penned a barely-noticed article for The Hill titled "The Nation of Islam Could Be Chicago's savior.” On October 19, Townhall reprinted the same piece but this time with a different title: "To Curb Chiraq Violence, Bring in the NOI."

Williams calls on his readers to distinguish between “moderate” NOI-ers and the more virulent “extremists,’ spouting “inflammatory rhetoric” like Farrakhan. According to Williams, the organization’s partnership with the U.S. Department for Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the late 1980’s was a great success. Why not try to stop the “vicious cycle” of “fatherless children and young adults raised by the prison system” with an NOI security force paid for with federal funds.

That’s not all.

On October 10, Williams attended the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March in DC, telling a Washington Times reporter:

This is also an opportunity to look at how the Nation of Islam has been very successful in stemming violence, demonstrating manhood and inspiring greater accountability in some of the nation’s toughest urban centers. The Nation of Islam, especially Minister Farrakhan, is often controversial. But they’ve done some things right in violence-plagued communities, so let’s learn from them.

Oddly enough, Armstrong's support for Farrakhan's organization comes just weeks after he vehemently defended Carson's views on the danger inherent in electing a Muslim president. Williams told reporters at CNN's New Day, “[Carson] understands there are tenets of Islam that hates Jews, will kill homosexuals, will kill Muslims, do not advocate the beliefs and value system that made America into the country it is today...It may have been an inconvenient truth but it is a truth.”

Williams and Carson have been like ‘brothers,' for 22 years. When asked about their relationship in August, Dr. Carson stated, "it's a package deal, no question about it."

When Williams was asked by a Daily Beast reporter why he frequently speaks for the candidate on TV, Williams replied, "It's what friends do, you won’t see me discussing anything unless I know that he’s comfortable with it.”

Does this mean he checks with Carson whenever he goes public with an idea or proposal? It sure sounds like it.

Did Williams op-ed suggesting Louis Farrakhan's group Nation of Islam be called in to save Chicago's inner city at taxpayer expense,  pass muster with Carson? Last August, a man Williams refers to as “controversial,” called for "10,000 fearless men to rise up and kill those who kill us, stalk them and kill them,” and later, in another speech, added, "white people deserve to die."

Williams is no stranger to scandal and controversy but advocating for a government agency to fund a group, led by an anti-Semitic, America-hating Muslim leader who incites his followers to kill Jews and white people, is mind-boggling. In his 2014 book One Nation, Ben Carson advises citizens to “study with due diligence” the “dubious characters” and associations of those ‘vying for power.” Good advice.

If the candidate does not publicly denounce his trusted and constant adviser’s support of the Nation of Islam, Williams' reign as Carson's brain, may very well be coming to an abrupt end.

Read more Evans @ exzoom.net

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:54:30 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

Armstrong Williams has been a controversial figure for years.

ANYTHING to do with Calypso Louie and his racist, anti-semitic organization is an abomination.

Saying "well they do good things" is akin to recognizing that Hezbollah also provides funds to build hospitals in Gaza.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Armstrong Williams has been a controversial figure for years.

ANYTHING to do with Calypso Louie and his racist, anti-semitic organization is an abomination.

Saying "well they do good things" is akin to recognizing that Hezbollah also provides funds to build hospitals in Gaza.

I think Carson would make a great HHS director if he wants the job until a GOP president.

I like the guy.  I was trying to think of anything I heard him say in the debates that stood out to me, and the thing that jumped to my mind was his comment on his race in the first debate.  He didn't play the victim, but he did mention race, and we've had enough of that stuff as a country.  After almost 7 years of Obama, race relations are nearing levels of the early 1960s, and oddly yet again, the Democrats seem to be reverting back to segregation.  They need to keep blacks poor, uneducated, and completely dependent on government.  It's one of the reasons they fought so hard against the CRA of 1965.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:12:03 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Until Obama came along, I felt we had made progress on race, compared to the 50s-60s-70s.

Ironically his election was proof of that progress.

But I think he has pushed relations backwards, not forwards as many would have hoped.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln