Author Topic: 'I'm sorry': Historic moment Tony Blair FINALLY apologises for Iraq War and admits in TV interview the conflict caused the rise of ISIS  (Read 309 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3287982/I-m-sorry-Blair-takes-blame-Iraq-War-admits-conflict-caused-rise-ISIS-astonishing-apology-TV-show.html

'I'm sorry': Historic moment Tony Blair FINALLY apologises for Iraq War and admits in TV interview the conflict caused the rise of ISIS

Former PM makes the confession after 12 years of refusing to apologise
    Blair says he is sorry for his conduct which has now led to 'hell' in Iraq
    Says there is an element of truth that the war caused the rise of ISIS
    Comes after Lord Blunkett revealed he had challenged Blair about the war

By Simon Walters and Glen Owen and Martin Beckford and Daniel Bates In New York For The Mail On Sunday

Published: 16:03 EST, 24 October 2015 | Updated: 04:32 EST, 25 October 2015

Tony Blair has finally said sorry for the Iraq War – and admitted he could be partly to blame for the rise of Islamic State.

The extraordinary confession by the former Prime Minister comes after 12 years in which he refused to apologise for the conflict.

Blair makes his dramatic ‘mea culpa’ during a TV interview about the ‘hell’ caused by his and George Bush’s decision to oust Saddam Hussein.

continued with videos
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Final stab in the heart of the Bush campaign too.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

What a despicable thing to do, and a real stab in the back, not only to Bush, but to everyone of us who supported the War in Iraq.

I'm going to repeat it, though no one seems to care.......

When Bush left office, Iraq was a stable country.  We had WON the War.

It was Obama who let it descend into chaos by withdrawing all our troops for political purposes.  ISIS filled the void left by OBAMA.

Tony Blair is a politically motivated turncoat.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Final stab in the heart of the Bush campaign too.

Proving that it's all about leftist politics with Blair.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Blair makes his dramatic ‘mea culpa’ during a TV interview about the ‘hell’ caused by his and George Bush’s decision to oust Saddam Hussein.

For good, bad or indifferent, time is always the final judge of any military action. 

IMHO, ISIS would have met formidable resistance in Saddam Hussein.  The same with Iran.