Author Topic: Trump HIT Carson for being Seventh Day Adventist!!  (Read 8904 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump HIT Carson for being Seventh Day Adventist!!
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2015, 03:32:40 am »
Presbyterian, SDA - who cares. They're both heretics.  :tongue2:

Don't leave out the Lutheran cultists.

Oceander

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2015, 03:33:14 am »
Don't leave out the Lutheran cultists.

:silly:

Reformation swine!  :smokin:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:33:52 am by Oceander »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2015, 03:33:41 am »
Oh, man. They're the Worst!!!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2015, 03:34:39 am »
If good posters give up, then the trumporists have already won.

Believe me, I thought about it. At least staying away from the Politics thread until much later in the election season when we have eliminated candidates through the caucus process - hoping that Trump is not left standing in the end. I don't think I'm going to change the mind of any Trump supporter anyway, or they my mind about him. But sometimes comments made just beg to be answered, and my favorites candidates defended. But most important, so this thread doesn't become so one-sided that it ruins the best conservative political forum left standing.

For those not having the stomach for the politics thread, may I recommend the other threads, where the same people that have taken opposite sides here, seem to be still treating each other with respect - not carrying over their candidate bias.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2015, 03:35:31 am »
Believe me, I thought about it. At least staying away from the Politics thread until much later in the election season when we have eliminated candidates through the caucus process - hoping that Trump is not left standing in the end. I don't think I'm going to change the mind of any Trump supporter anyway, or they my mind about him. But sometimes comments made just beg to be answered, and my favorites candidates defended. But most important, so this thread doesn't become so one-sided that it ruins the best conservative political forum left standing.

For those not having the stomach for the politics thread, may I recommend the other threads, where the same people that have taken opposite sides here, seem to be still treating each other with respect - not carrying over their candidate bias.     

:thumbsup:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2015, 03:54:22 am »
Yes actually I am...I don't know if I'd vote for him in the primary here or not, but I'd certainly consider it. I don't know who my first choice is (I do know some I won't vote for). But what drives me crazy is the outrageous over the top hatred that comes constantly - almost half the threads are something posted (like this) that are frankly deranged. The Democrats Bush Derangement Syndrome - which was real - is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to Trump Derangement Syndrome. Some of you need to take chill pill and give it a rest. 

This is politics and gloves come off - and it's OK for candidates to go after each other hammer and tongs. That's actually the one thing that is most attractive to me about Trump, unlike almost every Republican we've seen in the last 20 years, he's not afraid of his own shadow. He's not a wimp.  Even George Bush, weirdly enough, was a complete wimp about going after his political opponents. That is the one thing attractive about Trump - he keeps fighting and dishing it out. Do you think a nice guy is going to beat Hillary?  To me, the only thing that beats Hillary is someone ready to keep dishing it out, going on offense nonstop and doing so without fear of offending people.  Let's find someone loud and aggressive - whoever that might be - and win this damn thing.

Really appreciate your posts, Scott!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2015, 04:02:50 am »
Thanks navycando............didn't take long for this site to resemble FR.  Agree with the trumpsters or be gone.  Oh well,  I will oblige.
This is not an opus, it's just goodbye.

Sorry to see you go, Rivergirl.

But you should know that the "Trumpsters" as you call them are outnumbered here three to one.

We don't mind negative posts/opinions about Donald Trump....so long as they're based on FACT and not fantasies conjured up by a headline written solely to incite.

Hope you stay.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2015, 04:03:15 am »

Interesting observation.  Even threads about heated subjects like religion, abortion, and illegal immigration are calmer than Trump threads.

Glad to have your input on the Trump threads. :patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2015, 04:04:44 am »

A while back I swore off Trump threads because of the animosity there.  As interested as I am in the election, I can't believe how hostile people are, and the names flying around because some people  are so loyal to a political candidate that they are willing to lose good friends for the guy.

I haven't chosen anyone yet, and am still very interested in several of the remaining candidates, but I don't know if I can take what's going on here.  I feel like we all should be able to voice our opinions...... even strong ones........... without being called names.

This is the best political forum I've ever been on, and it's because of the civility that it is so attractive.   I want it to stay respectful.

How does that happen when loyalty to somebody you don't know overtakes decency to people you DO know?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2015, 04:04:55 am »
I already saw a certain other website has declared that SDAs are not real Christians (they also say that Carson is the new 'e' choice to take out Trump). LOL.
Well there you have it. The Gospel.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2015, 04:05:10 am »
But you should know that the "Trumpsters" as you call them are outnumbered here three to one.

You're the underdogs.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2015, 04:10:01 am »
You're the underdogs.

Not necessarily underdogs....just outnumbered.

Like The Walking Dead.   :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2015, 04:18:00 am »

Same here.. Also FWIW, at the TOS they are now attacking the Seventh Day Adventists for not being Christian.
That should surprise nobody that has seen how it works over there. A scout has reported that the banning's may have started.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2015, 04:29:42 am »
This is the best political forum I've ever been on, and it's because of the civility that it is so attractive.   I want it to stay respectful.

How does that happen when loyalty to somebody you don't know overtakes decency to people you DO know?

You rise above your own limitations.  You recognize that the person you've been friends with for years has lost their mind about Trump, and consider that maybe its you that have lost your mind.  You remember they were a stubborn mule in the past when they fought for the issues you stand for, and understand they are still a stubborn mule.  You swallow your pride and you reach out to them...trying to find comments you can praise where you can find common ground, and laugh off the comments you find disrespectful as miscommunication or poorly thought through.

We are all humans with fragile egos. 

When I was a younger man I was in love with a woman I had a long term relationship with.  My first love.  It was very passionate but we fought often.  In the end neither of us could forgive each other for the terrible things we said in the heat of arguments and we broke up after 3 years.  Although I have moved on and married a wonderful woman and made a family to be proud of, I sometimes still regret not having the strength to lower myself and forgive.  Sometimes we are not smart enough to save a relation by lying, and accepting blame when we think we did no wrong.  Understand that the other party does think you are wrong and accept the blame for hurting their feelings...because you didn't mean to hurt their feelings...because you are basically a good person...as is your friend.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:09:22 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2015, 04:51:15 am »

Did you forget who your candidate is?

Bush ally Mike Murphy: Trump's a 'false zombie front-runner'
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/mike-murphy-on-donald-trump-214948

"Brraains...brraaaains...claasssy brains" - Zombie King Trump

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2015, 05:14:01 am »
Just have to remind ourselves to keep it all in perspective. DCPatriot and I are often in lock-step agreement on threads about favorite kids 1960s Cereals, the favorite car thread, or Ginger or Marry Ann? - but when it comes to who we think would be the best Republican Candidate and best President, we couldn't be more polarized.

I know its hard because we are very passionate about this election - more so than I have experienced before, but I would hope when November 2016 is up, the members we have today are all still here and getting along once more - and the topic of discussion on this politics thread turns to our victory and mandate by holding both houses - and discussing what's next for the Clintons presuming she stays out of jail,  and the Obamas now that they are counting down their last days in the White House.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2015, 05:23:06 am »
I know its hard because we are very passionate about this election - more so than I have experienced before, but I would hope when November 2016 is up, the members we have today are all still here and getting along once more - and the topic of discussion on this politics thread turns to our victory and mandate by holding both houses - and discussing what's next for the Clintons presuming she stays out of jail,  and the Obamas now that they are counting down their last days in the White House.

All I can say Navy, is if you are for half-naked girls, I am against them, but not as often as I'd like to be.
-stolen from Benny Hill.

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2015, 06:11:22 am »

Arrrrggghhhh!!!!  You killed Glenn just because he was asian.  You bastards!  Damn you Trump!  Damn you to Hell!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2015, 11:15:21 am »
Arrrrggghhhh!!!!  You killed Glenn just because he was asian.  You bastards!  Damn you Trump!  Damn you to Hell!

:laugh:   

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2015, 12:12:43 pm »
You rise above your own limitations.  You recognize that the person you've been friends with for years has lost their mind about Trump, and consider that maybe its you that have lost your mind.  You remember they were a stubborn mule in the past when they fought for the issues you stand for, and understand they are still a stubborn mule.  You swallow your pride and you reach out to them...trying to find comments you can praise where you can find common ground, and laugh off the comments you find disrespectful as miscommunication or poorly thought through.

When I was a younger man I was in love with a woman I had a long term relationship with.  My first love.  It was very passionate but we fought often.  In the end neither of us could forgive each other for the terrible things we said in the heat of arguments and we broke up after 3 years.  Although I have moved on and married a wonderful woman and made a family to be proud of, I sometimes still regret not having the strength to lower myself and forgive.  Sometimes we are not smart enough to save a relation by lying, and accepting blame when we think we did no wrong.  Understand that the other party does think you are wrong and accept the blame for hurting their feelings...because you didn't mean to hurt their feelings...because you are basically a good person...as is your friend.

Words I live by.....  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:14:02 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2015, 02:57:22 pm »

I appreciate what you said here Once-ler, you and I have many differences of opinion on many things - but you have revealed yourself to be a wise person.  Thank you.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2015, 02:58:53 pm »

Words I live by.....  :laugh:

I like that, good words to live by.   :beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2015, 03:38:29 pm »
OK. 

OK what???  Take a chill pill or take the gloves off?  A nice guy can't win...2 term President Dubya was a wimp.  You're all over the place.  It's like I'm reading a Trump speech. :laugh:

Still think you're even-handed about Trump? :pondering: It's a rhetorical question.  You've already said you are.

I know I'm not even-handed about Trump, but I do understand that the constant barrage against him by his detractors(me) strengthens the resolve of those who are in the tank for him and even influences others who are Trump-curious.  It is a good warning that Trump foes should be more selective in our attacks.

Sorry, the second paragraph is completely separate from the first - what I am saying in the second paragraph is that when Trump goes after Carson because Carson moved ahead in the polls, why is that some kind of mark against Trump?  Candidates are supposed to hit each other.  Trump did not do that in a way that insulted a denomination (as the very title of this thread claims) - he was merely firing at Carson, just like other candidates have fired at him.  That is perfectly fair in politics - he was not out of line in the least and trying to bend what he said into some kind internal Republican scandal is ridiculous.  The people here who turn every Trump utterance into some kind of 4-alarm outrage need to take the chill pill.  That is politics and the Republicans who are amongst the biggest wimps and whipping boys in political history - ceding the fight to the Democrats at seemingly every turn - should enjoy having a damned good brawl and fray which will hopefully turn them into rabid, aggressive fighters when it comes to taking out (not taking on...taking OUT) Hillary.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2015, 04:03:33 pm »

Nice post.  I've thought about it all previously, and it's how I try to live on a daily basis.

I have friends who have willfully estranged other friends of theirs because they didn't like George W. Bush.  Stupid decision.

I know people who have alienated their family members because of political differences.  Stupid behavior.   I have family members who absolutely adore Obama, and we never speak about it because our relationship supercedes our politics.

It's how I live.

I have my friend on ignore because I want to protect myself from his insults, and I don't want to be drawn into insulting him.  I wish I could just use the ignore feature on Trump threads because this man truly is my friend, and I don't want to lose that relationship...... even though it's only on a political forum.

He means a lot to me.

But at the same time, I don't feel it's right or good for me to avoid saying what I think just to avoid offending him.  He adores Trump.  I think Trump is the most highly flawed candidate ever to run for the presidency.  There is nothing about him that would compel me to support him in the primary.  Nothing.  So perhaps the best thing until this Trump fever is over, would be for him (and one or two others) to put ME on ignore.

I clearly annoy a handful of people here, and some just plain don't like me (at least one or two anyway).  So be it.  I'm honorable.  I'm decent.  I do my best to be respectful at all times, even in my teasing.  I never utter vile insults.  I always ask forgiveness when I've offended, and I always grant forgiveness when it is asked for.

So far, no one has apologized to me on this forum.

At any rate, I have this all in perspective.  It's politics.  It's ugly.

And sometimes, it's best to "Ignore."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »
Nice post.  I've thought about it all previously, and it's how I try to live on a daily basis.

I have friends who have willfully estranged other friends of theirs because they didn't like George W. Bush.  Stupid decision.

I know people who have alienated their family members because of political differences.  Stupid behavior.   I have family members who absolutely adore Obama, and we never speak about it because our relationship supercedes our politics.

It's how I live.

I have my friend on ignore because I want to protect myself from his insults, and I don't want to be drawn into insulting him.  I wish I could just use the ignore feature on Trump threads because this man truly is my friend, and I don't want to lose that relationship...... even though it's only on a political forum.

He means a lot to me.

But at the same time, I don't feel it's right or good for me to avoid saying what I think just to avoid offending him.  He adores Trump.  I think Trump is the most highly flawed candidate ever to run for the presidency.  There is nothing about him that would compel me to support him in the primary.  Nothing.  So perhaps the best thing until this Trump fever is over, would be for him (and one or two others) to put ME on ignore.

I clearly annoy a handful of people here, and some just plain don't like me (at least one or two anyway).  So be it.  I'm honorable.  I'm decent.  I do my best to be respectful at all times, even in my teasing.  I never utter vile insults.  I always ask forgiveness when I've offended, and I always grant forgiveness when it is asked for.

So far, no one has apologized to me on this forum.

At any rate, I have this all in perspective.  It's politics.  It's ugly.

And sometimes, it's best to "Ignore."

Wise and magnanimous commentary. While I disagree with your assessment of Trump, I respect your prerogative to voice your opposition.

DC already knows how I feel about him, so I just wanted to make sure that all parties involved know you have my support in this political dust-up. And that's all it is. Once we have our standardbearer everyone will coalesce and peace will reign at TBR.

:patriot: