Author Topic: Trump HIT Carson for being Seventh Day Adventist!!  (Read 8907 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump HIT Carson for being Seventh Day Adventist!!
« on: October 25, 2015, 05:10:25 pm »
He doesn't really have room to go after another religion, especially one that isn't really all that out of the mainstream.

Donald Trump is now on the warpath after trying to dismiss two polls showing Ben Carson gaining and surpassing him in Iowa. Yesterday he nailed Carson as being “super-low-energy” and today he took full aim at his faith as a Seventh Day Adventist.

Watch below:

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/woah-watch-trump-hit-carson-for-being-seventh-day-adventist/#ixzz3pbIPrDZ7

Offline ABX

Re: Trump HIT Carson for being Seventh Day Adventist!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 05:11:17 pm »
From the Washington Post:
    Donald Trump on Saturday contrasted his Presbyterian faith with that of Seventh-day Adventists, apparently attempting to draw attention to and raise doubts about Republican presidential rival Ben Carson’s religious beliefs.

Speaking at a campaign rally here, Trump was in the midst of discussing his standing in the polls, including recent Iowa surveys that showed him falling behind Carson in the GOP race. Then, he brought up religion.

“I love Iowa. And, look, I don’t have to say it, I’m Presbyterian,” said Trump. “Can you believe it? Nobody believes I’m Presbyterian. I’m Presbyterian. I’m Presbyterian. I’m Presbyterian. Boy, that’s down the middle of the road folks, in all fairness. I mean, Seventh-day Adventist, I don’t know about. I just don’t know about.”

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/woah-watch-trump-hit-carson-for-being-seventh-day-adventist/#ixzz3pbIU8vcS

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 05:13:07 pm »
What a LOSER......

(No wonder they worship him on TOS!)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:13:47 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 05:17:32 pm »
Notice how often Trump repeats himself? Repeats himself? Repeats himself?

Going after a candidate's religion could prove to be damaging to Trump's prospects.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 05:39:56 pm »

Going after a candidate's religion could prove to be damaging to Trump's prospects.

Especially if he is the nominee.. It was bad enough that people on the site that shall not be mentioned was bashing Mitt cause he was a Mormon. It is even worse when a Presidential Candidate does it. It is wrong and it is BS.. I expect better from our candidates.. Not this trash.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 05:52:06 pm »

Especially if he is the nominee.. It was bad enough that people on the site that shall not be mentioned was bashing Mitt cause he was a Mormon. It is even worse when a Presidential Candidate does it. It is wrong and it is BS.. I expect better from our candidates.. Not this trash.

I already saw a certain other website has declared that SDAs are not real Christians (they also say that Carson is the new 'e' choice to take out Trump). LOL.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 05:54:18 pm »
I already saw a certain other website has declared that SDAs are not real Christians (they also say that Carson is the new 'e' choice to take out Trump). LOL.

So, as per them, Mormons are not real Christians, SDAs are not real Christians, ...; why, if this goes on long enough, there won't be any real Christians left.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 06:06:24 pm »
So, as per them, Mormons are not real Christians, SDAs are not real Christians, ...; why, if this goes on long enough, there won't be any real Christians left.
I suspect a lot of them are Baptists (and I apologize to any Baptists on the board in advance who don't fit this description). It's a narrow mindset I find a lot in Baptist circles.

(As for me—and standard disclaimer, I was raised as a Methodist—I think that, in general, those denominations are Christian, since the same fundamental belief in salvation through Christ is the same in all of them. That isn't to say that everything they believe about it is accurate, but much of it, at least, isn't harmful, simply a matter of personal taste.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 06:18:47 pm »
Mormons are not Christians; they don't profess a belief in the Christian Trinity, which is the basic minimum belief that characterizes Christian faiths.

BS! The actual  name of their Church belies that!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 06:20:30 pm »
BS! The actual  name of their Church belies that!

Ask a Mormon if he believes in the Christian Trinity:  Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and if they are all separate manifestations united in the ONE GOD.

He will say no.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »
Mormons are not Christians; they don't profess a belief in the Christian Trinity, which is the basic minimum belief that characterizes Christian faiths.

They do believe in the trinity http://www.whatdomormonsbelieve.com/2009/05/do-mormons-believe-in-the-trinity/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 06:25:32 pm »
Isn't this thread about Seventh Day Adventists?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 06:27:09 pm »
Ask a Mormon if he believes in the Christian Trinity:  Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and if they are all separate manifestations united in the ONE GOD.

He will say no.

I am an actual Mormon and the name of the Church I belong to is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. EVERYTHING we do is centered around the teachings of Jesus Christ himself and  THAT fact makes us Christians in EVERY sense of the word!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:29:31 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 06:34:40 pm »
This discussion should illustrate how conservatives get drawn away from the objectives of conservative politics, by every available distraction.

Along the way, it goes unrecognized that people are pushed away, left well convinced that conservatives are religious bigots of various flavors.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 06:35:56 pm »

So now that their leader is now attacking the SDA, it is now OK to bash the SDA..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 06:38:20 pm »
This discussion should illustrate how conservatives get drawn away from the objectives of conservative politics, by every available distraction.

Along the way, it goes unrecognized that people are pushed away, left well convinced that conservatives are religious bigots of various flavors.

It's becoming more apparent that's exactly what they are...they make it too easy for the opposition and their accomplices in the media complex.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »

To me Donald Trump is not helping us.. He is acting the worst ways that a conservative can act. Also there is a fine line in not being PC and being an ass (excuse my language). He is just being an ass.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »

So now that their leader is now attacking the SDA, it is now OK to bash the SDA..

Blind followers.........

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 06:49:25 pm »
Blind followers.........

I just hope the candidates from the kiddie table debate and some from the adult table debate drop out afterwards.. At least Perry and Walker had common sense to do so.

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 07:48:37 pm »

Agreed.  I'm not so sure how many Seventh Day Adventists there are; all I know is it is a sect of the Protestant religion.  While many so-called "born again" Christians don't hold organized religion in esteem, I think Trump is making a huge mistake.  I feel that the bigger mistake that he is making are his personal attacks rather than attacks on the issues and why he disagrees and what he would do differently. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 07:57:05 pm »

Oh, now you're saying Trump is redundant, that he repeats himself, that he says things over and over...

^-^

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 08:01:18 pm »

Ah, yes, now it's the conservatives' fault... as always.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 08:03:47 pm »
“I love Iowa. And, look, I don’t have to say it, I’m Presbyterian,” said Trump. “Can you believe it? Nobody believes I’m Presbyterian. I’m Presbyterian. I’m Presbyterian. I’m Presbyterian. Boy, that’s down the middle of the road folks, in all fairness. I mean, Seventh-day Adventist, I don’t know about. I just don’t know about.”
This may be the stupidest thing he's said. Who cares that he claims to be Presbyterian? The SDAs may do things a little differently from me (a Presbyterian) in the practice of their faith, but I'm not about to say I "just don't know" about them.

Has Trump actually darkened the door of any church, Presbyterian or otherwise? Perhaps his fans would enlighten us.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 08:03:54 pm »
Agreed.  I'm not so sure how many Seventh Day Adventists there are; all I know is it is a sect of the Protestant religion.  While many so-called "born again" Christians don't hold organized religion in esteem, I think Trump is making a huge mistake.  I feel that the bigger mistake that he is making are his personal attacks rather than attacks on the issues and why he disagrees and what he would do differently.

Quite frankly, I don't care about the candidate's religion (well maybe if the are members of Scientology and worship the Devil).  I had enough of it when the attacks on Mitt for the his religion at the site that shall not be mentioned. But seriously how is attacking the SDA is going to make this country better? How is attacking the SDA good for our cause??

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 08:11:28 pm »
I am an actual Mormon and the name of the Church I belong to is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. EVERYTHING we do is centered around the teachings of Jesus Christ himself and  THAT fact makes us Christians in EVERY sense of the word!
With all due respect, one can call himself anything he likes. That's exactly what Trump is doing.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org