Author Topic: DeLay on Obama Gun Executive Order: Congress Should Consider Impeachment  (Read 2066 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=698799

Newsmax
DeLay on Obama Gun Executive Order: Congress Should Consider Impeachment
Friday, October 23, 2015 11:40 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay told Newsmax TV on Friday that if President Barack Obama implemented a plan to require background checks on some gun sales by executive order and without congressional approval, the House should consider impeachment proceedings.

"The very fact that you might bring it before the Judiciary Committee and investigate it and determine whether it's an impeachable offense is a very healthy thing to do," DeLay, the Texas Republican who served in the position from 2003 to 2005, told "Newsmax Prime" in an interview.

Earlier this month, The Washington Post reported that Obama was considering circumventing Congress and imposing an executive order requiring high-volume gun dealers to perform background checks on their buyers.

Obama was weighing the move after the Oct. 1 shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore.

Nine people were killed and nine others were injured in the attack by Christopher Harper-Mercer, 26, who asked people to state their religion after bursting into a classroom shortly after 10:30 a.m.

If a student said that they were a Christian, Harper-Mercer shot them. He later killed himself in a gun battle with police.

DeLay, 68, who also served as Majority Whip, says Congress needs to stand strong against Obama on any such unilateral action.

"The House needs to use its power of hearings to start letting the American people know that this is a lawless president, we have a lawless Supreme Court — and the judiciary needs to step up and show the American people what this president is doing, which will support any other efforts to defund the president."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Now that's a fine belly laugh.

Dude, it's a brave new world. Congress is for ornamental purposes only.

And salute your Dear Leader when you speak of him, you racist.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Oceander

Geez.  Dementia is such an ugly thing.

Offline musiclady

A little too late for that, i'n' it??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

Geez.  Dementia is such an ugly thing.
:laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A little too late for that, i'n' it??
Kinda goes more distance to proving my thesis;

some true conservatives are math and logic challenged.

(calendar being a form of math)

But in  his circumstances, DeLay needs to say ANYTHING to get in the news.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 09:52:42 pm »
Friday, October 23, 2015 11:40 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay told Newsmax TV on Friday that if President Barack Obama implemented a plan to require background checks on some gun sales by executive order and without congressional approval, the House should consider impeachment proceedings.

"The very fact that you might bring it before the Judiciary Committee and investigate it and determine whether it's an impeachable offense is a very healthy thing to do," DeLay, the Texas Republican who served in the position from 2003 to 2005, told "Newsmax Prime" in an interview.

Watch Newsmax TV on DirecTV Ch. 349, DISH Ch. 223 and Verizon FiOS Ch. 115. Get Newsmax TV on your cable system — Click Here Now

Earlier this month, The Washington Post reported that Obama was considering circumventing Congress and imposing an executive order requiring high-volume gun dealers to perform background checks on their buyers.

Obama was weighing the move after the Oct. 1 shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore.

Nine people were killed and nine others were injured in the attack by Christopher Harper-Mercer, 26, who asked people to state their religion after bursting into a classroom shortly after 10:30 a.m.

If a student said that they were a Christian, Harper-Mercer shot them. He later killed himself in a gun battle with police.

DeLay, 68, who also served as Majority Whip, says Congress needs to stand strong against Obama on any such unilateral action.

"The House needs to use its power of hearings to start letting the American people know that this is a lawless president, we have a lawless Supreme Court — and the judiciary needs to step up and show the American people what this president is doing, which will support any other efforts to defund the president."

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/tom-delay-barack-obama-guns-executive/2015/10/23/id/698799/?Dkt_nbr=fkw16rul&nmx_source=&nmx_medium=widget&nmx_content=840&nmx_campaign=widgetphase2
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:53:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Paladin

Did you ever consider commenting on what he said instead of personally attacking Delay?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

Did you ever consider commenting on what he said instead of personally attacking Delay?
I did (second line), but you apparently skipped right over it, to personally attack me.

Offline sinkspur

The dirty little secret of such an EO:  it can't be enforced.

The feds have no way to track how many guns these "high volume" dealers (who sell exclusively at gun shows) move.   So, it depends on what "high volume" is.  Many dealers work through third parties, so, while the libs would feel good about this, it would do virtually nothing.  BATF has no way to enforce it.

There's always a way around these kinds of arbitrary laws, and gun dealers are not stupid.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

Kinda goes more distance to proving my thesis;

some true conservatives are math and logic challenged.

(calendar being a form of math)

Other than your over-generalization about conservatives, you are correct that Delay isn't dealing with either the math, or the logic of this situation.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline truth_seeker

Other than your over-generalization about conservatives, you are correct that Delay isn't dealing with either the math, or the logic of this situation.
Hence the word "some."

Offline musiclady

Hence the word "some."

I saw it. 

It was still an over-generalization, since I'm not sure if there are very many conservatives who have difficulty with math or logic.

Offline Paladin

I did (second line), but you apparently skipped right over it, to personally attack me.

Guess again. I didn't attack you personally in the slightest, unless you are incredibly thin skinned. I asked you a question: "Did you ever consider commenting on what he said instead of personally attacking Delay?"

I wonder if the day will come on here when you an 2 or 3 others will wake up and realize neither Tom Delay nor the Freedom Caucus is not your enemy. Hillary, Barack, the DNC surely are, but I would be shocked to see you and a couple of others direct your spleen at them as much as you do Conservatives.

Maybe someday.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

I saw it. 

It was still an over-generalization, since I'm not sure if there are very many conservatives who have difficulty with math or logic.
The notion that if "conservatives" just did more, fought harder, it would turn out better, flies in the face of the 2/3 requirement to override a Presidential veto. Similar to the need for 60 votes to bring a measure to vote in the Senate(I know that could be changed).

Savvy lawmakers avoid beating their heads against that wall, much to the displeasure of their naïve followers.

Nostalgically I remember when we had better conservative e/Republican lawmakers, and better followers as well.

But the sort of things which truly entertain me, are lectures about maintaining principled policy purity, and then turning 180 degrees and touting a Donald Trump.

I think you and I are pretty close on a lot of these goings on. You are smart, tough and fair. I am to sarcastic, but those that know me realize it is in good humor.

Offline Charlespg

Impeachment is not going to happen

we need to support a Convention of states

Boiler plate the second amendment, by  decreeing any and all laws like the NY SAFE act  1964 gun control act  1934 gun act ect, null and void .Allow national concealed carry,and allow  severe penalties civil and criminal  for gun grabber politicians who pass unconstitutional gun laws ( no sovereign immunity from lawsuits ) here I would say politicians who pass unconstitutional gun laws can be sued for unlimited damages and removed from office  as well as  given jail time  5 year min

then have things like congressional term limits and the right to recall congress critters

force the government to secure the borders and allow profiling of illegals as well as ban benefits to same

as well as other things ,like limiting EO's
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton