Author Topic: 13-year-old non-Muslim girl faces assault charges, not White House invitation, for throwing two-inch baby carrot at teacher  (Read 378 times)

rangerrebew

13-year-old non-Muslim girl faces assault charges, not White House invitation, for throwing two-inch baby carrot at teacher

October 24, 2015 3:45 pm By Robert Spencer 37 Comments

If you were expecting “Cool carrot, Aliya! Want to bring it to the White House?,” you would be disappointed. This story, however, is indeed strongly reminiscent of that of Ahmed Mohamed, the Muslim teen who became the darling of the political and media elites and got invited to the White House after he was arrested for bringing a clock that looked like a bomb to school.

When that story first broke, I wrote: “The key question here is, would Ahmed Mohamed have been arrested if he had been a non-Muslim student and had brought the same contraption to school? And the answer is without any doubt yes, he would have been.” This story is proof. If Aliya Nigro had been a Muslim, would she be facing assault charges for accidentally hitting her French teacher on the forehead with a carrot under two inches long? Almost certainly not: if she had been punished at all, she would by now be rivaling Ahmed Mohamed himself as the new poster child for “Islamophobia,” and would be lauded on talk shows as being a courageous young Muslim bearing up courageously under the “Islamophobic” onslaught.

Aliya Nigro

“Teen faces assault charges for throwing carrot at teacher,” by Jason Grant, New York Post, October 23, 2015:

The weapon, a baby carrot, was just under 2 inches long.

A 13-year-old Virginia girl is facing juvenile assault-and-battery charges after tossing a baby carrot into the forehead of her ex-teacher as a school prank, according to school records and the girl.

Now 8th grader Aliya Nigro, of Henrico County, Va., is trying to lawyer up as she and her mother worry sick about whether she’ll land in a juvenile pokey – or get a record. An Honor Roll student at George Moody Middle School near Richmond, Nigro has also been suspended since the day after her ill-advised veggie toss on Sept. 21.

And her grandmother says Aliya has mostly holed up since the incident – embarrassed, afraid to return to the school and not wanting to spend much time with friends.

“I was actually having a pretty decent day,” Aliya told The Post about the terrible carrot-prank afternoon. “I was in the hall and saw my French teacher who I had last year. It looked like she was holding books or papers. I figured if I got the carrot near her or on the papers, it would have been funny for her to look down sand see it.”

Next thing she knew, though, Aliya said, an assistant principal yanked from Art class and told her the veggie-projectile stunt had been caught on camera.

“When I found out the carrot hit her in the forehead, I thought, ‘Wow,’” Aliya said of the meeting with the principal, adding that was fond [of] her old French teacher and thought they’d gotten along well. “I would have happily apologized to her and written a note and all of that.”

But she was suspended and soon charged with assault and battery with a weapon, she said.

A call to the Henrico County school district’s disciplinary board was not returned Friday. The school system has had no comment when asked by local media about the incident.

“I don’t even know how to combat the stupidity,” Karrie May, Aliya’s mother, told WTRV Channel 6 in Richmond this week. “I don’t understand this….. I can see a couple of days in school detention or even a couple days’ out-of-school suspension. But this goes way beyond that.”

Karrie May also told WRTV that the school-system disciplinary board recently sent her a letter trying to get Aliya to admit guilt. Mother and daughter declined.

“I think it is extrme to consider even the carrot a weapon,” Brenda May, Aliya’s grandmother, told The Post Friday. “A criminal charge with a weapon – I can [sic] even conceive it.”…

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/13-year-old-non-muslim-girl-faces-assault-charges-not-white-house-invitation-for-throwing-two-inch-baby-carrot-at-teacher
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:17:57 pm by rangerrebew »