Author Topic: House passes reconciliation bill to dismantle Obamacare  (Read 465 times)

rangerrebew

House passes reconciliation bill to dismantle Obamacare
« on: October 24, 2015, 04:27:56 pm »

House passes reconciliation bill to dismantle Obamacare
October 24, 2015 | BPR Wire 

DC NEWSJuliegrace Brufke

The House voted 240-189 largely along party lines Friday to pass a reconciliation bill that will dismantle key Obamacare provisions and defund Planned Parenthood for a year.

The legislation eliminates the individual and employer mandate, the Cadillac tax, the medical device tax and the Independent Payment Advisory Board.

Rep. Collin Peterson, a pro-life Minnesota Democrat, was the only member of his party to vote with Republicans.

“With this bill, we can finally confront the president with the reality confronting working families every day: higher costs and lower quality,” said House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Paul Ryan. “We can put on the president’s desk a bill that will dismantle Obamacare and lay the foundation for a patient-centered system. This bill would give patients more control over their health care, and now I urge the Senate to approve it.”

The measure will have a difficult time passing the upper chamber, with some conservative members saying it does not go far enough.

Sens. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee released a joint statement Thursday coming out against the measure for not fulling repealing the Affordable Care Act. Without their support, every other Republican member in the Senate would have to vote for the legislation to reach the 51 votes needed for it to pass.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/10/24/house-passes-reconciliation-bill-to-dismantle-obamacare-267326#ixzz3pVGzaEMa

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: House passes reconciliation bill to dismantle Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 01:40:29 am »
Of course, it will never become law, but credit where credit is due...  at least they made a pass at it...

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 02:13:00 am »
Of course, it will never become law, but credit where credit is due...  at least they made a pass at it...

Yes Obama will win, and Hillary after him will preserve it and push us toward single payer.  But credit where due - they did the right thing even though there is no chance of changing our trajectory now.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 02:52:29 am »
Ted Cruz and Mike Lee released a joint statement Thursday coming out against the measure for not fulling repealing the Affordable Care Act. Without their support, every other Republican member in the Senate would have to vote

Why am I not surprised these two are the dung in the punchbowl?  Making the best the enemy of the good.

This is one of the reasons I can't stand Ted Cruz. The GOP is on the verge of actually sending a repeal of Obamacare to Obama's desk, and these two jackwagons demand more.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:52:48 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 03:22:02 am »
Ted Cruz and Mike Lee released a joint statement Thursday coming out against the measure for not fulling repealing the Affordable Care Act. Without their support, every other Republican member in the Senate would have to vote

Why am I not surprised these two are the dung in the punchbowl?  Making the best the enemy of the good.

This is one of the reasons I can't stand Ted Cruz. The GOP is on the verge of actually sending a repeal of Obamacare to Obama's desk, and these two jackwagons demand more.

How about a swift kick in the ass for my boy Marco.  What is he thinking?