Author Topic: Rush: Ben Carson and Trump Continue to Roll  (Read 750 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Ben Carson and Trump Continue to Roll
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:51:39 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/10/22/ben_carson_and_trump_continue_to_roll

Ben Carson and Trump Continue to Roll
October 22, 2015
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, in the other political news, 'cause there is other political news going on out there, and in the Republican presidential campaign, there are a wild bunch of stories.  From TheHill.com: "Donald Trump is closing in on 100 days atop the Republican primary polls."  The race has tightened somewhat as Ben Carson now leads Trump in Iowa.  And the political establishment is shocked.  Now, Ben Carson, they shouldn't be.  Carson has been working Iowa like crazy.  He spent a lot of time there.  He's given Iowa a lot of attention.  The details are these.

Ben Carson has surged past Donald Trump in Iowa.  This is a Quinnipiac University poll.  Likely Republican caucus participants.  It's just out today.  Carson leads the Republican field with 28%.  Trump has fallen to 20%.  Carson's lead is beyond the margin of error.  A September survey by Quinnipiac of the same sample of caucus attenders, Republican caucus-goers, had Trump at 27% and Carson at 21%.  Also scoring a boost was Marco Rubio.  Marco Rubio in third place now in the Quinnipiac poll in Iowa, 13%.  He was at 5% in September last month.  Following Rubio in the most recent survey was Ted Cruz at 10%, Rand Paul at 6%, Carly Fiorina and Jeb Bush at 5%.  And all the rest are under 3%.

"The strong showing from Carson, who has gotten accolades for his debate performance and campaign style." What is it that Carson's talking about predominantly lately?  During the period of this survey, can you tell me off the top of your head, what was it Carson was talking about?  Not a wild guess.  I mean, he was talking about the dangers of Islam.  He was talking about the dangers of immigration, of Sharia.  This is taken during the period of time where Ben Carson said he doesn't think that a Muslim who believes in Sharia law and therefore the Constitution is subordinated should be elected president.

That's when the media was having a cow. That's when all the political professionals, "Oh, that's the end of his campaign. You just can't talk like that. You can't talk about minorities that way. You just can't do it."  And he doubled down on it like Trump has doubled down on his things, and now in Iowa he's at 28%.  Here's how The Politico writes about it, in fact.

"The strong showing from Carson, who has gotten accolades for his debate performance and campaign style despite tossing out some inflammatory comments about Muslims and mass shootings, comes in part from his support from women, who back Carson 33 percent to Trump's 13 percent." Trump's percentage of women in this poll is 13%.  So Carson is eight points ahead of Trump overall, 20 points ahead of Trump in women.  And you notice here that The Politico claims this support for Carson comes despite the things that he's been in the news for, which is how they constantly report on Republicans.  "Yeah, yeah, look, it's amazing, he's going great guns despite what he said about Muslims and Sharia and Constitution and so forth."

"A candidate who shares their values is most important to 28 percent of caucus-goers; 23 percent think being honest and trustworthy is key.  But Carson doesn’t have to worry about which quality is more important because 84 percent of those polled said he shares their values and 89 percent felt he is honest and trustworthy."

So the two most important reasons a caucus goer would vote for a person in the Hawkeye Cauci, Ben Carson scores 84 and 89%.  So you would have to assume that in Iowa they like what Carson has been saying about Muslims vis-a-vis being elected and subordinating the Constitution to Sharia law and guns.  Donald Trump now says he would be open to closing US mosques to fight ISIS.

Anyway, I have to take a break here, folks.  That could steer us into this -- I really want to get into something today about this daily soap opera in Washington and how really it is a script that is written and how we only see 10% of what makes the news each day.  It relates to the presidential campaign and the Paul Ryan Speaker of the House story as well. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Rush: Ben Carson and Trump Continue to Roll
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:58:42 pm »
Go BEN!

I'm not at all surprised. You can't listen to him without being impressed.

He's brilliant, knowledgeable, soft-spoken and decent.

He was on Beck yesterday, and showed a remarkable facility to answer complex questions, and is well informed about world events and history.

He's a force to be reckoned with (and is leading with women as well).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 12:17:45 pm »
Go BEN!

Soft-spoken and decent, absolutely.  Brilliant and knowledgeable, yes -- in a very narrow sphere of experience.

I'd prefer the next occupant of the Oval Office have some managerial "battle scars" --he/she is going to need it to work with Congress, and experience with today's global economy and geopolitics--he/she is going to need this for our national and economic security.

I think Carson has an important role to play in the next Republican administration, and a voice worth hearing--just not from the Oval Office.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 01:48:02 pm »
Soft-spoken and decent, absolutely.  Brilliant and knowledgeable, yes -- in a very narrow sphere of experience.

I'd prefer the next occupant of the Oval Office have some managerial "battle scars" --he/she is going to need it to work with Congress, and experience with today's global economy and geopolitics--he/she is going to need this for our national and economic security.

I think Carson has an important role to play in the next Republican administration, and a voice worth hearing--just not from the Oval Office.

I don't agree (though I did 6 months ago).  Carson is exhibiting a strength and knowledge far beyond his medical experience.   NO candidate for President has ever had adequate geopolitical experience before taking office.

What's important is the right tools to be able to handle the job.

Listen carefully to Carson.  He knows what's happening and understands the world far better than most.

I think he's up to the job.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 01:56:39 pm »
I don't agree (though I did 6 months ago).  Carson is exhibiting a strength and knowledge far beyond his medical experience.   NO candidate for President has ever had adequate geopolitical experience before taking office.

What's important is the right tools to be able to handle the job.

Listen carefully to Carson.  He knows what's happening and understands the world far better than most.

I think he's up to the job.

I watched his interview on Glenn Beck and found Carson to be very likeable.  I did not like his answer on the Drug War - saying he would continue it and actually double down on it.  That is wrong-headed.  The Drug War is a failure and has had a horrible impact on our country in terms of increased crime, increased drug usage, increased loss of freedom and enriching the pockets of criminal organizations - including the government.  That disappointed me and along with previous comments about limiting access to guns in larger cities and some other issues makes me a little uneasy about him. 

No doubt, he's very intelligent and a good and decent man - but I see some things I don't like.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 02:15:31 pm »
I watched his interview on Glenn Beck and found Carson to be very likeable.  I did not like his answer on the Drug War - saying he would continue it and actually double down on it.  That is wrong-headed.  The Drug War is a failure and has had a horrible impact on our country in terms of increased crime, increased drug usage, increased loss of freedom and enriching the pockets of criminal organizations - including the government.  That disappointed me and along with previous comments about limiting access to guns in larger cities and some other issues makes me a little uneasy about him. 

No doubt, he's very intelligent and a good and decent man - but I see some things I don't like.

I've never found a candidate, in all the decades I've followed politics, with whom I agreed on everything.

I'm fine with a few issues of difference if character, conservatism and willingness to learn are part of the mix.

Carson has all of those qualities.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 02:32:42 pm »
Go BEN!

I'm not at all surprised. You can't listen to him without being impressed.

He was on Beck yesterday, and showed a remarkable facility to answer complex questions, and is well informed about world events and history.

He's a force to be reckoned with (and is leading with women as well).

I'm sure you'll find this interesting. Notice how Trump and Carson never attack each other? They know they both have a lock on a segment of the very same anti-politician constituency. They both know if one drops out (or, is taken out - in the case of Trump - since they are gunning for him), they will be the beneficiaries of the others' voters - putting them over the 50% mark.

Good strategy on both their parts.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »
I'm sure you'll find this interesting. Notice how Trump and Carson never attack each other? They know they both have a lock on a segment of the very same anti-politician constituency. They both know if one drops out (or, is taken out - in the case of Trump - since they are gunning for him), they will be the beneficiaries of the others' voters - putting them over the 50% mark.

Good strategy on both their parts.

It will be a good strategy if Trump can control himself now that Carson has taken the lead in Iowa.

I'm not sure he's got it in him to do that, though.....

(btw, Carson doesn't attack anyone other than Democrats).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:42:37 pm by musiclady »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 03:03:55 pm »
It will be a good strategy if Trump can control himself now that Carson has taken the lead in Iowa.

I'm not sure he's got it in him to do that, though.....

(btw, Carson doesn't attack anyone other than Democrats).

In time Carson will have to play politics, too. It's an immutable law. Attack your opponent before he deals you a death blow. If only Romney had played harder to win he could have spared the nation and the world a nuclear armed Iran, the rise of ISIS, a legalized invasion from our southern border, etc, etc, etc.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 03:18:40 pm »
In time Carson will have to play politics, too. It's an immutable law. Attack your opponent before he deals you a death blow. If only Romney had played harder to win he could have spared the nation and the world a nuclear armed Iran, the rise of ISIS, a legalized invasion from our southern border, etc, etc, etc.

Totally agree.  Romney lost because he was too polite.

That remains to be see with Carson.  He's quiet, but he doesn't mince words, and unlike Romney, he doesn't seem to back down.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 03:34:59 pm »
Totally agree.  Romney lost because he was too polite.

That remains to be see with Carson.  He's quiet, but he doesn't mince words, and unlike Romney, he doesn't seem to back down.

Good points. I, too, see in Carson someone who stands and fights. He is on many levels an impressive man. I admire him for his commitment to principles.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 08:25:06 pm »
I'm torn, though. Carson has an incredible life story, is a trustworthy man, possessed of faith and good judgment. That and more. Great.

But, I'm not looking to hire an incredible life story. In the end, he may not possess the attributes necessary for the job. Again, I love the man himself. But, I have my doubts.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »
I'm torn, though. Carson has an incredible life story, is a trustworthy man, possessed of faith and good judgment. That and more. Great.

But, I'm not looking to hire an incredible life story. In the end, he may not possess the attributes necessary for the job. Again, I love the man himself. But, I have my doubts.

I think time might take care of some of those doubts.  If he continues to get stronger, I think he'll be as good of a bet to vote for as most people have been to date.  He's untainted by the political world, smarter than 99.99 percent of humanity, possesses the right POV on most conservative subjects and has shown that he's been learning every day.  He's also getting more and more polished as a candidate.

We haven't given a donation to any candidate thus far, but if and when we do, the first one will be Carson.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 09:12:16 pm »
I think time might take care of some of those doubts.  If he continues to get stronger, I think he'll be as good of a bet to vote for as most people have been to date.  He's untainted by the political world, smarter than 99.99 percent of humanity, possesses the right POV on most conservative subjects and has shown that he's been learning every day.  He's also getting more and more polished as a candidate.

We haven't given a donation to any candidate thus far, but if and when we do, the first one will be Carson.

Time. Yes. Beyond Iowa, New Hampshire is quite a different hurdle to clear. That should give us an indication of how much traction he has outside conservative Christians.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 09:53:44 pm »
Time. Yes. Beyond Iowa, New Hampshire is quite a different hurdle to clear. That should give us an indication of how much traction he has outside conservative Christians.

Yep.  We shall soon see!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »

I said a month ago that Carson is basically too damned nice to be President. In a peaceful time, he'd be brilliant, no doubt about it, but in these times?

I'm changing my mind. There is a lot of steel under there.

I just wish he had Fiorina's team briefing him and bringing him up to speed. I don't expect him to be perfect - the days of the Renaissance man with a decent grasp of all human knowledge and history are gone - but I'm looking at who he surrounds himself with now.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink