Author Topic: A Clear Choice on National Security by Jeb Bush  (Read 788 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A Clear Choice on National Security by Jeb Bush
« on: October 21, 2015, 05:22:35 am »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425837/jeb-bush-donald-trump-national-security-choice

In the latest episode of the reality show that is Donald Trump’s campaign, he has blamed my brother for the 9/11 terrorist attacks on our nation.

That Trump echoes the attacks of Michael Moore and the fringe Left against my brother is yet another example of his dangerous views on national-security issues.

This is a man who has previously stated he would prefer Hillary Clinton had led negotiations on the nuclear agreement with Iran. He has expressed a willingness to allow Vladimir Putin to dominate the Middle East by aligning with Iran and propping up the ruthless Syrian dictator, Bashar al-Assad — an action that would only worsen the existing refugee crisis and endanger our national-security interests and those of Israel. And he has been ignorant and dismissive of the world’s most dangerous terrorist organizations, saying that we shouldn’t have gone into Afghanistan to hunt al-Qaeda and end the safe haven for terror provided by the Taliban, only to retreat from that stance this week.

Let’s be clear: Donald Trump simply doesn’t know what he’s talking about. And his bluster overcompensates for a shocking lack of knowledge on the complex national-security challenges that will confront the next president of the United States.

We are in serious times, and we need a President who will have the resolve to take on the terrorists and restore America’s position in the world. Unlike Trump, I have offered strategies to confront Iran and combat the growing terrorist threat to our country.

One of the greatest honors I have received in this campaign is to be endorsed by twelve Medal of Honor recipients. These heroes are some of the most highly decorated veterans in America. They support me because they know I have the leadership skills and executive experience to rebuild our military and keep our nation safe from rising threats such as those presented by Iran, Putin, and ISIS.

If I earn the honor of serving as Commander-in-Chief, I will reverse Barack Obama’s devastating defense cuts. I will strengthen the NATO alliance and use America’s newly realized status as an energy superpower to lessen others’ dependence on Russian oil and gas, and the advantage it gives Putin. I will repair our alliance with Israel and regain the trust of our other partners in the Middle East in order to halt Iran’s aggression. And I will have a strategy to defeat ISIS and Assad and protect American interests in the region.

I am ready to be Commander-in-Chief and lead America during a time of increasing turmoil around the world. Donald Trump has failed to demonstrate the temperament and understanding of our nation’s challenges needed to live up to that responsibility.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: A Clear Choice on National Security by Jeb Bush
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:59:28 pm »
Jeb can "talk" all he wants.  At the end of the day, his brother's reputation around the world was by those in the Middle East, that of disdain and hatred for America. We weren't attacked on 9-11 during his brother's watch, because we were so "loved".  In part is was retaliation for Bush Sr.'s first Gulf War and not doing what Powell recommended.  Another Bush in the White House isn't going to change that situation.

Secondly, his pro-U.N., open borders, pro-amnesty stance will be a disaster for this country continuing to not only leave us vulnerable but I have little doubt that we will lose our sovereignty as well.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »
Jeb can "talk" all he wants.  At the end of the day, his brother's reputation around the world was by those in the Middle East, that of disdain and hatred for America. We weren't attacked on 9-11 during his brother's watch, because we were so "loved".  In part is was retaliation for Bush Sr.'s first Gulf War and not doing what Powell recommended.  Another Bush in the White House isn't going to change that situation.

Secondly, his pro-U.N., open borders, pro-amnesty stance will be a disaster for this country continuing to not only leave us vulnerable but I have little doubt that we will lose our sovereignty as well.

And apparently, he will continue the mission to try to take Assad down - something that I don't think we should be involved in.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 02:34:01 pm »

"This is a man who has previously stated he would prefer Hillary Clinton had led negotiations on the nuclear agreement with Iran."

Don't let your distaste for democrats, or the fact that Sanders lead in the democrat primary is forcing all their candidates leftward, blind you to the fact that Hillary is by far more centrist and more of a security hawk than Obama. Making Trump's statement a reasonable response to the Obama/Kerry/Iran giveaway fiasco.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 04:42:11 pm »
JEB? recently embraced his brother's foreign policy and actions during the Bush II presidency.   That policy and those actions are viewed as a disaster by most Americans.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 04:46:15 pm »
Most Americans are somewhere south of retarded when it comes to foreign policy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 04:56:05 pm »
Most Americans are somewhere south of retarded when it comes to foreign policy.

That's a fact.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 01:25:52 am »
JEB? recently embraced his brother's foreign policy and actions during the Bush II presidency.   That policy and those actions are viewed as a disaster by most Americans.

Bush Sr., led the U.S. into the Persian Gulf War.  Colin Powell had advised him to go all the way into Bagdhad, but he didn't listen. General Schwarzkopf even agreed that he ended the war to soon. Also, in the very beginning, Bush Sr., refused to give Congress a role in deciding policy...Bush said that he had the authority to act without Congress—especially in carrying out UN Security Council resolutions...after criticism he eventually sought congressional authorization. 

"W" led us into the second Gulf War after we were attacked on 9/11...and yes many have viewed the long term results as disastrous and even more so after Obama took over.

With the Bush dynasty focus on a "One World Order" the last thing we need is yet another Bush to continue what was started by Bush Sr.

Read more: http://www.presidentprofiles.com/Kennedy-Bush/George-Bush-The-persian-gulf-war.html#ixzz3pFryHXgz
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 01:36:09 am »
Going after the father too? Bush obsession abounds here.

Can we have the hand of all that would vote for a democrat, against Jeb Bush?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 01:46:16 am »
In a heartbeat, thanks, unless Hillary was the opponent.

Elected political office should not be hereditary. Full stop. That is my line in the sand.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 01:59:46 am »
Going after the father too? Bush obsession abounds here.

Can we have the hand of all that would vote for a democrat, against Jeb Bush?

Bush obsession?  Let's see.  Bush Sr., gave us NAFTA and led us into the first Gulf War - which neither hasn't exactly worked out for us. "W" led us into the 2nd Gulf War --- which hasn't exactly worked out for us either.  Under "W", even after our country was attacked, he chose to leave our borders open and vulnerable -- that hasn't worked out for us either.  Jeb as governor pushed for amnesty; the influx of illegal immigration turned out to be an economic disaster for Florida and his Common Core is nothing more than a vehicle to promote his liberal political agenda and a push for a One World Order.  Somehow...I just don't see another Bush presidency  working out so well for us either.

I see "Bush obsession" as those who insist on voting for another Bush, just because of the name and because the Bush's "claim" to be Republicans.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 03:51:02 am »
Bush obsession?  Let's see.  Bush Sr., gave us NAFTA and led us into the first Gulf War - which neither hasn't exactly worked out for us. "W" led us into the 2nd Gulf War --- which hasn't exactly worked out for us either.  Under "W", even after our country was attacked, he chose to leave our borders open and vulnerable -- that hasn't worked out for us either.  Jeb as governor pushed for amnesty; the influx of illegal immigration turned out to be an economic disaster for Florida and his Common Core is nothing more than a vehicle to promote his liberal political agenda and a push for a One World Order.  Somehow...I just don't see another Bush presidency  working out so well for us either.

I see "Bush obsession" as those who insist on voting for another Bush, just because of the name and because the Bush's "claim" to be Republicans.

Reagan gave us NAFTA.