Author Topic: Tony Blair agreed to act as Iraq war cheerleader according to newly released US memo  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11938716/Tony-Blair-agreed-to-act-as-Iraq-war-cheerleader-according-to-newly-released-US-memo.html

The controversy over Tony Blair’s decision to back George Bush over the Iraq war has been rekindled after a memo emerged showing the Prime Minister pledged to support an invasion a year ahead of the conflict. Details of the Prime Minister’s readiness to back the US in bringing down Saddam Hussein are contained in a note from Colin Powell, then Secretary of State, to George Bush, ahead of Mr Blair’s April 2002 summit with the President in Crawford Texas. The memo was found in a batch of secret emails on the private server of Hillary Clinton, the former Secretary of State, which was made available by the US courts.

At that time Tony Blair’s public position was that Britain was seeking a diplomatic, rather than military solution, to the crisis. But, according to Mr Powell’s memo, which has been seen by the Mail on Sunday, Britain’s support for military action was already assured. Mr Bush was told that the UK Prime Minister “will be with us”. The President was assured “The UK will follow our lead”.  A second memo says that Mr Blair used spies within the Labour party to help influence public opinion in favour of the war. The memos make clear that the Americans wanted to capitalise on the popularity of Tony Blair at the time. "He will present to you the strategic, tactical and public affairs lines that he believes will strengthen global support for our common cause,” Mr Powell wrote.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277402/Smoking-gun-emails-reveal-Blair-s-deal-blood-George-Bush-Iraq-war-forged-YEAR-invasion-started.html

Smoking gun emails reveal Blair's 'deal in blood' with George Bush over Iraq war was forged a YEAR before the invasion had even started

Leaked White House memo shows former Prime Minister's support for war at summit with U.S. President in 2002
    Bombshell document shows Blair preparing to act as spin doctor for Bush, who was told 'the UK will follow our lead'
    Publicly, Blair still claimed to be looking for diplomatic solution - in direct contrast to email revelations
    New light was shed on Bush-Blair relations by material disclosed by Hillary Clinton at the order of the U.S. courts

By Glen Owen and William Lowther In Washington For The Mail On Sunday

Published: 16:00 EST, 17 October 2015 | Updated: 01:15 EST, 18 October 2015

A bombshell White House memo has revealed for the first time details of the ‘deal in blood’ forged by Tony Blair and George Bush over the Iraq War.

The sensational leak shows that Blair had given an unqualified pledge to sign up to the conflict a year before the invasion started.

It flies in the face of the Prime Minister’s public claims at the time that he was seeking a diplomatic solution to the crisis.

He told voters: ‘We’re not proposing military action’ – in direct contrast to what the secret email now reveals.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Another jog down the British liberal media trail.

I always believed Bush and Blair were honorable in their intent and these after-the-fact slams are nothing more than attempts to defame them.
Hind sight is always 20/20 but I do believe we should have "stabilized" Afghanistan before we went into Iraq.
In both cases, we should have had a "Marshall" plan equivalent, taken over both countries and forced civility down their throats, just like we did with Japan and Germany.
Had we done so, we would be a lot further down the road than we are now with the stupid hearts and minds crap.

Online Right_in_Virginia

The sensational leak shows that Blair had given an unqualified pledge to sign up to the conflict a year before the invasion started.

Don't you always prepare for war even while negotiating for peace?

Online Right_in_Virginia

The memo was found in a batch of secret emails on the private server of Hillary Clinton, the former Secretary of State, which was made available by the US courts.

Interesting tidbit.   I wonder what this memo had to do with Hillary's yoga schedule.   :smokin:

Offline flowers

Interesting tidbit.   I wonder what this memo had to do with Hillary's yoga schedule.   :smokin:
Maybe it had to do with Chelsea's wedding? :smokin:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Just another distraction so that Hillary can again blame Bush.

"It's Bush's Fault", still has some mileage left.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Just another distraction so that Hillary can again blame Bush.

"It's Bush's Fault", still has some mileage left.
Didn't think of it that way. Yep you are correct, distraction.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I always believed Bush and Blair were honorable in their intent and these after-the-fact slams are nothing more than attempts to defame them.
Hind sight is always 20/20 but I do believe we should have "stabilized" Afghanistan before we went into Iraq.
In both cases, we should have had a "Marshall" plan equivalent, taken over both countries and forced civility down their throats, just like we did with Japan and Germany.
Had we done so, we would be a lot further down the road than we are now with the stupid hearts and minds crap.
To do that would have required far more troops. Powell recommended more troops, warning "if you break it, you own it" but Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld opted for what they wanted to hear; namely that it would be easy because these people longed for Western democracy.

Of course Powell was correct. But contemporary "true conservatives" would not admit that.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

'Smoking gun' emails just released by UK Daily Mail prove Hillary a bigger liar than Tony Blair

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/_smoking_gun_emails_just_released_by_uk_daily_mail_prove_hillary_a_bigger_liar_than_tony_blair.html

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that, as my friend Mike Nadler says, “she lied in her numerous statements that there were no classified documents on her server, even with her later qualification that none were marked classified at the time." At the time she was doing this research, the memo was still classified, only to be unclassified in 2014.

Pantsuit on fire!

Sundance of Conservative Treehouse notices the peculiarity of this email residing on Hillary’s server.

Why was Hillary Clinton transferring/extracting data from secure, and monitored, classified State Department data bases, into her non-secure private email server?

What else was data-mined and extracted from government accounts, that could/would be discovered with a thorough forensics investigation into the private server?

She wasn’t just reading them, she was extracting them.  Why would she be doing this, if not to build a shadow file for use at a later date?

Who was sent to examine and extract classified information from State Department archives? Huma? Presumably, the FBI is investigating this point.

If Mrs. Clinton were asked in her testimony this week why she was extracting classified memos dating from years before her term as SecState, what would her answer be? Idle curiosity?

GREAT QUESTION......what was a document from 02 doing on her server?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Maybe it had to do with Chelsea's wedding? :smokin:

I agree with the sarcasm in your post .....but honestly had a hard time finding it.

You're graphics are great, but maybe two too many???   ^-^

Offline flowers

I agree with the sarcasm in your post .....but honestly had a hard time finding it.

You're graphics are great, but maybe two too many???   ^-^
Didn't hil say she had yoga and info about Chelseas wedding on her server? Which graphic to you like?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Didn't hil say she had yoga and info about Chelseas wedding on her server? Which graphic to you like? 

Yup.  And that was good enough for the MSM.   :whistle:

I like all your graphics, but if you're going to one, I'd keep the "It's not immigration"   ^-^

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

In the case of Bliar, you believe incorrectly. No, that is not a mis-spelling, my contempt for the man is almost without limit.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Yup.  And that was good enough for the MSM.   :whistle:

I like all your graphics, but if you're going to one, I'd keep the "It's not immigration"   ^-^
Thanks....that one I found at this site, forget who posted it.