Author Topic: GOP Rep. Richard Hanna: Benghazi Panel Designed to Go After Hillary  (Read 2580 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=696328

Newsmax
GOP Rep. Richard Hanna: Benghazi Panel Designed to Go After Hillary
Thursday, October 15, 2015 08:27 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Hillary Clinton will still testify in front of the House Select Committee on Benghazi next week while her campaign complains the "inquiry has zero credibility left " after a House Republican Wednesday said the panel was formed to attack her.

“House Republicans aren't even shy anymore about admitting that the Benghazi Committee is a partisan farce,” said Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon in a statement, reports The Hill.

"After failing to produce any new information on the tragic 2012 attacks at Benghazi despite a 17-month investigation, John Boehner has reportedly urged the committee to shift its focus to Hillary Clinton's emails in an ongoing effort to try to hurt her politically," the Clinton campaign said.

On Wednesday, New York GOP Rep. Richard Hanna told the Keeler in the Morning radio show in New York that it may not be "politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people, and an individual, Hillary Clinton, " reports ThinkProgress.

“Sometimes the biggest sin you can commit in D.C. is to tell the truth,” Hanna also said on the show. "After what Kevin McCarthy said, it’s difficult to accept at least a part of it was not. I think that’s the way Washington works. But you’d like to expect more from a committee that’s spent millions of dollars and tons of time.”

McCarthy, the House Majority Leader has since said he misspoke and dropped his candidacy for the House Speaker seat. South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy, who leads the committee, insists that it was formed solely to investigate the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, which killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

Clinton herself has also attacked the committee, calling it a "partisan vehicle."

At Tuesday’s Democratic presidential debate in Las Vegas, Clinton blasted the committee as “an arm of the Republican National Committee.”

“It is a partisan vehicle as admitted by the house Republican majority leader Mr. McCarthy to drive down my poll numbers, big surprise, and that’s what they have attempted to do," Clinton said. "I am still standing and happy to be part of this debate.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP Rep. Richard Hanna: Benghazi Panel Designed to Go After Hillary
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 01:02:38 pm »
I bet Gowdy is pulling his hair out!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 01:54:19 pm »
When it comes to political smarts, no way are Republicans just the same as democrats.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 02:35:03 pm »

Hillary is trying to become the first person in American history not to be indicted for mishandling classified documents.

Sandy Berger pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized removal of 5 copies of a single classified report.

Gen Petraeus pled guilty to mishandling 2 classified emails he printed out.

Snowden is in exile.

The FBI is looking carefully at this case. Hillary Clinton carelessly and deceptively mishandled thousands of sensitive documents while she was secretary of state. Does she expect because she's running for president and had a good debate she won't be indicted? 

Like I said, first person in American history not to be.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 02:35:45 pm »
When it comes to political smarts, no way are Republicans just the same as democrats.

The PUBBIES are dumber than the LIBS and will not FIGHT al all. These sub committees are all BS! They have no authority on anything and is all show time for the people. No one can prosecute HILLARY or anyone else and just give the politicians something to do and a complete waste of TIME. JMO :wtf!:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 02:36:48 pm by Longiron »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 02:39:49 pm »
Hillary is trying to become the first person in American history not to be indicted for mishandling classified documents.

Sandy Berger pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized removal of 5 copies of a single classified report.

Gen Petraeus pled guilty to mishandling 2 classified emails he printed out.

Snowden is in exile.

The FBI is looking carefully at this case. Hillary Clinton carelessly and deceptively mishandled thousands of sensitive documents while she was secretary of state. Does she expect because she's running for president and had a good debate she won't be indicted? 

Like I said, first person in American history not to be.

You can't indict a sitting POTUS.  Stalling the investigation and then getting elected may be her only hope.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 02:55:26 pm »
Sad to say, but I don't believe Hillary will ever be indicted or penalized in any way - for anything she ever does.  I've lost faith in our justice system.  Some people are just above the law.

8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:03:44 pm »
Sad to say, but I don't believe Hillary will ever be indicted or penalized in any way - for anything she ever does.  I've lost faith in our justice system.  Some people are just above the law.

8888crybaby

yep
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 05:52:51 pm »

8888crybaby
What is such a big surprise? Richard Nixon was involved with obstruction of justice. He resigned. He probably could have been indicted, but Ford pardoned him instead.

People in very high places rarely pay the price for misdeeds. Hastert is getting a negotiated deal right now. What about the big bank executives who crashed the economy? Any in prison or facing steep fines?

Have you noticed when the military has scandals it goes down several layers, to the low ranking people? Have you noticed when companies have scandals, how it goes down to the low ranking people?

It is not a democrat or Republican thing. It is the nature of societies like ours. In most modern countries, when power shifts from one party or faction to another, the highest ranking people do NOT get shot or sent to prison.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 07:23:10 pm »
You can't indict a sitting POTUS.  Stalling the investigation and then getting elected may be her only hope.
[/quote

I'm sure that is what she has counted on all along.  Disgusting and despicable.  She has well insulated herself with the "Clinton Global Initiative" ... the UN needs her in power.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 08:05:06 pm »

8888crybaby
not only that she will be the next prez.  **nononono*

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 08:34:27 pm »
not only that she will be the next prez.  **nononono*
That is up for grabs. A recent poll says Trump could defeat her.

Good compiliation of polls, similar to "real clear politics" at "270 to win"

http://www.270towin.com/2016-polls/2016-general-election-matchups/

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 09:09:54 pm »
The PUBBIES are dumber than the LIBS and will not FIGHT al all.

I guarantee you that they are not 'stoopid'.

This (and GOPe McCarthy's comment) were deliberate and designed to help Her Heinous' election chances.

How long will you believe the 'stoopid' meme?

Wake up... nobody is that stupid except the ones who keep believing it...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 10:22:41 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/257088-gowdy-refutes-fellow-republican-over-benghazi-panel

Rep. Gowdy rips Republican for 'unfortunate' Benghazi remark

By Julian Hattem - 10/15/15 05:33 PM EDT

The head of the House Select Committee on Benghazi on Thursday delivered a sharp rebuke to a fellow Republican lawmaker who claimed the panel's investigation is motivated by politics. 

In a lengthy statement, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) slammed remarks from Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.), who said the Benghazi Committee was “designed to go after people — and an individual, Hillary Clinton.”

“It is unfortunate when claims are made by those who do not know what the committee has done, why it has done it, or the results of its work,” Gowdy said.

“There are seven members of the Benghazi Committee who are intimately familiar with the work of the committee, the motives behind the work, and the results of that work,” he added. “Congressman Hanna is not one of them.”

Hanna has “never asked for a briefing by the committee staff,” Gowdy said, and “raised neither questions with the scope of the approach of the committee” in informal discussions about the committee's investigation.

Gowdy said that he called Hanna on Thursday morning, following widespread reporting about his comments on Wednesday evening.

Hanna's remarks added new fuel to the intense controversy surrounding the Benghazi Committee, days before Clinton’s scheduled public testimony to the panel next week. 

“Sometimes the biggest sin you can commit in D.C. is to tell the truth,” Hanna said on a New York radio show. "This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people, and an individual, Hillary Clinton.”

Hanna’s remarks follow similar comments from House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) — who linked the committee's work to the falling poll numbers of the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination — and from a former Republican staffer for the panel who claims he was fired for questioning the direction of the investigation.

The comments have upset the political dynamic surrounding the Benghazi probe, which had been considered a vulnerability for the former secretary of State in her White House run.

Democrats have gone on the attack, arguing the panel should be disbanded, while Clinton has denounced it as a "partisan" exercise.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 10:43:18 pm »

The real problem is that many of those "republicans" in Congress aren't!

RINOS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 11:38:09 pm »
And btw, Who didn't forsee something of this nature happening just before Hillary's appearance before the committee?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:39:00 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 12:08:54 am »
And btw, Who didn't forsee something of this nature happening just before Hillary's appearance before the committee?

Exactly.  RINO's hard at work!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Relic

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 12:09:13 am »

8888crybaby

It's a fact. In America being in the political class is now a birthright. A member of the political class in good standing will not be subject to laws intended for commoners. Communism anyone?

This comment by a Republican is not random, nor is it without approval. This is the uniparty working to save one of it's own.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 03:48:27 am »
The real problem is that many of those "republicans" in Congress aren't!

RINOS!
If you don't like RINOs from NY why not try your luck with rats?
A conservative will never sit in that seat (NY - 22nd CD).  Ask Claudia Tenney, Rick Santorum and Sean Hannity about that.  so be happy with the RINO or start supporting rats.

The fact is Hanna had to say it because McCarthy said it first.  Hanna is getting hammered by constituent calls and this was the best way to shut them up, so he can get re-elected in 2016.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 01:32:37 pm »
If you don't like RINOs from NY why not try your luck with rats?
A conservative will never sit in that seat (NY - 22nd CD).  Ask Claudia Tenney, Rick Santorum and Sean Hannity about that.  so be happy with the RINO or start supporting rats.

The fact is Hanna had to say it because McCarthy said it first.  Hanna is getting hammered by constituent calls and this was the best way to shut them up, so he can get re-elected in 2016.

Stipulating that all that may be true I STILL don't like it and will garantee you that his actions were not arbitrary. He did it because someone in authority TOLD him to do it!

Hillary has to be protected at all costs you know!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 01:00:18 am »
Stipulating that all that may be true I STILL don't like it and will garantee you that his actions were not arbitrary. He did it because someone in authority TOLD him to do it!

Hillary has to be protected at all costs you know!

After McCarthy said it who cares about Hanna?  I'm pretty sure nobody in the GOPe wanted Hanna continuing this rat talking point.  The GOPe is not about protecting Hillary.  I think he is running for Speaker. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:10:49 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 01:33:09 am »
GOP Rep. Richard Hanna:
Benghazi Panel Designed to Go After Hillary

He's right, of course.
And that's fine with me.

That's what it was all about from the get-go.
And whenever the panel was mentioned within this forum, we all knew that Hillary was "the one" who they were "after".

I know I'm going to get pummeled for saying that but folks -- can't we at least be intellectually honest about this amongst ourselves...?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:29:51 am by Fishrrman »