Author Topic: Gutierrez: Planned Parenthood ‘Safe’ From Legislation – ‘And There’s Nothing You Can Do About It'  (Read 542 times)

rangerrebew

Gutierrez: Planned Parenthood ‘Safe’ From Legislation – ‘And There’s Nothing You Can Do About It'

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) says he’s not worried about lawmakers having a legislative impact on Planned Parenthood because President Obama will “veto that legislation-and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

During an Oct. 8 House Judiciary Committee hearing titled, “Planned Parenthood Exposed: Examining Abortion Procedures and Medical Ethics at the Nation’s Largest Abortion Provider [1],” Gutierrez told committee members he was not concerned with any legislation that may be initiated from the proceeding.

“I’m not that worried about it. I tell the women of America ‘you are safe’. Because you have a President of The United States that will veto any legislation that comes out of this committee and might make it to the floor of the House,” Gutierrez said.

“He’ll veto that legislation-and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/gutierrez-planned-parenthood-safe-legislation-and-theres-nothing-you-can

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Total BS!

NOTHING in the federal budget is safe if the HOUSE ALONE refuses to approiate the funds!

Period end of story!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien