Author Topic: Obama rejects Putin’s offer to send emissaries to U.S. to confer on Syria  (Read 1421 times)

rangerrebew

Obama rejects Putin’s offer to send emissaries to U.S. to confer on Syria

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Obama administration has rejected an offer by Russian President Vladimir Putin to send a high-level delegation to Washington to coordinate military action in war-torn Syria, where Moscow’s forces are fighting to prop up the regime of President Bashar Assad.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Wednesday that Moscow offered to send Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and a delegation to the U.S. “to agree on a number of joint steps” over Syria, where American and Russian military planes are flying in the same airspace as the U.S.-led coalition attacks the Islamic State terrorist group. He said the plan also would have included a delegation of U.S. military experts traveling to Moscow.

“We have been told it is not possible to send the delegation to Moscow as well as to receive the delegation in Washington,” Mr. Lavrov said.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Moscow’s offer was a sign of Mr. Putin’s “desperation.”

“We’re not interested in doing that, as long as Russia is not willing to make a constructive contribution to our counter-ISIL effort,” said Mr. Earnest, using an acronym for the Islamic State. “Russia has their own agenda and it’s an agenda right now that they’re pursuing on their own. So it’s not particularly surprising to me that President Putin would resort, in some desperation, to try to send the second-highest ranking official in the Russian government to the United States to try to convince us to join them. But the fact is that is a request that’s fallen on deaf ears.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/14/obama-rejects-putins-offer-send-emissaries-us-conf/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:56:51 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama's like the Branch Manager who's expecting a visit by the Regional Manager, and whose stock room is a mess and the front windows dirty.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Obama's like the Branch Manager who's expecting a visit by the Regional Manager, and whose stock room is a mess and the front windows dirty.

...ya, except Obama doesn't even rate as a branch manager.  In fact, I really don't have a rating for him.  I still think it should have been someone's job to keep him golfing and put the country on "auto pilot"; we would have been much better off.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think that's 0bama's version of getting tough.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ The Obama administration has rejected an offer by Russian President Vladimir Putin to send a high-level delegation to Washington to coordinate military action in war-torn Syria, where Moscow’s forces are fighting to prop up the regime of President Bashar Assad. ]]

The rejection is to be expected.

Under the current administration, the United States stands on the side of the terrorists against whom Russia's efforts are directed.

Offline famousdayandyear

I still think it should have been someone's job to keep him golfing and put the country on "auto pilot"; we would have been much better off.

That job description was filled about eight years ago.  IMO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Moscow’s offer was a sign of Mr. Putin’s “desperation.”

What a stupid, stupid jackass.    :#@$%:

Offline evadR

The little pr*ck is miffed.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The little pr*ck is miffed.

The puppy is cuter!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

The puppy is cuter!
Comparing Obama to a dog is disrespectful...to the dog. :nono:
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

The puppy is cuter!
Wow...what did the puppy do to get in that image? Poor puppy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:27:53 pm by flowers »

Offline alicewonders

Comparing Obama to a dog is disrespectful...to the dog. :nono:

So true.   88sorry88

:doglick:

Offline alicewonders

Wow...what did the puppy do to get in that image? Poor puppy.

I think he is mocking the Dog Eater in Chief by doing an impression of him.

000hehehehe