Author Topic: Gov. Walker; Trump Can Win the Nomination  (Read 1198 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Gov. Walker; Trump Can Win the Nomination
« on: October 14, 2015, 08:41:30 pm »
Gov. Walker; Trump Can Win the Nomination

by Neil Munro14 Oct 201579

Donald Trump can win the GOP’s 2016 nomination — unless the crowded GOP field consolidates around a rival, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker admitted Wednesday.

“Yeh… it’s possible” that Trump can win, Walker told Wisconsin’s 620 WTMJ.

Trump can  be defeated if the candidates rally around a consensus candidate, Walker said, at 13.50 into the interview.

“If more Republican [candidates] sat back and say ‘Boy, I can have an impact in narrowing this field so that…..a true conservative with a positive message is the viable alternative, maybe it is time to suspend the campaign’… I think you’ll get a viable alternative,” said Walker, who quit the race in September.

Walker’s language – “a true conservative with a positive message” — echoes the pitch from GOP establishment favorite, Jeb Bush.

more at:   http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2015/10/14/gov-walker-trump-can-win-nomination/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Gov. Walker; Trump Can Win the Nomination
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 09:30:02 pm »
With Walker dropping out of the race so early is indicative of the impact of his statement on the general public.  He is merely hoping by "complimenting" Trump that Trump would consider him as his VP ... somehow, I just don't see that happening.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:53:47 pm »
Walker’s language – “a true conservative with a positive message” — echoes the pitch from GOP establishment favorite, Jeb Bush.

Its not Trump Walker is trying to curry favor with.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:24 pm »
With Walker dropping out of the race so early is indicative of the impact of his statement on the general public.  He is merely hoping by "complimenting" Trump that Trump would consider him as his VP ... somehow, I just don't see that happening.

He would make a great 'Jimmy Olson', for Trump!  Exactly the type of achievers/leaders he's looking for.

He could be the Union Killer Czar.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:06:12 pm »
He would make a great 'Jimmy Olson', for Trump!  Exactly the type of achievers/leaders he's looking for.

He could be the Union Killer Czar.

Good Point and I think Walker will be somewhere in the TRUMP cabinet if not VP. Saw somthing today that TRUMP is looking at John Kasich (OH) as a VP. Hope that is a nasty rumor because he is 100% RINO. If not CRUZ as VP, Walker would be a good choice. JMO

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 02:17:30 am »
Good Point and I think Walker will be somewhere in the TRUMP cabinet if not VP. Saw somthing today that TRUMP is looking at John Kasich (OH) as a VP. Hope that is a nasty rumor because he is 100% RINO. If not CRUZ as VP, Walker would be a good choice. JMO

Interesting. IF Trump becomes the GOP nominee,  I can see Trump picking one of the current candidates as VP.  Because of the name recognition alone, he would be foolish not to consider one of them; although it is obvious he's not a Rubio fan, Rubio would help with the Florida and Hispanic vote and Kasich would help with Ohio. Trump taking either would be a huge win for him. Cruz would help with the Christian, TEA conservative vote and Hispanic vote. Fiorina would help with the female vote and Carson of course would help with the black vote.  At this point, Bush, Christie, Huckabee, Paul, Jindal and Graham don't bring enough to the table for consideration.

Then again, about the only one he hasn't really knocked yet is Cruz, so perhaps he's considering him or another outsider.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 06:04:26 am »

You have really misread this.  Governor Walker is not "complimenting" Trump.  He's saying Trump is not a conservative and his message is negative.