Author Topic: Obama on Hillary Email: She Just Made 'a Mistake'  (Read 1592 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama on Hillary Email: She Just Made 'a Mistake'
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:52:02 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=695706

Newsmax
Obama on Hillary Email: She Just Made 'a Mistake'
Sunday, October 11, 2015 07:22 PM

By: By KEVIN FREKING

Hillary Rodham Clinton's use of a private email server to conduct government business when she served as secretary of state was "a mistake," but didn't endanger national security, President Barack Obama said during an interview airing Sunday on CBS's "60 Minutes."

Obama said public officials have to be more sensitive about how they handle information and personal data. Yet he also said the criticism of Clinton has been "ginned up" because of politics.

"I think she'd be the first to acknowledge that maybe she could have handled the original decision better and the disclosures more quickly," Obama said.

Obama downplayed the threat to national security, and when it was pointed out that his administration has prosecuted people for having classified material on their private computers, the president said he didn't get the impression there was an intent to "hide something or to squirrel away information." He also said he was not initially aware of her use of the private email server.

There are still questions being raised about the security of that system.

Senate investigators recently discovered that Clinton's private server was subjected to unspecified hacking attempts in 2013 from China, South Korea and Germany. The FBI is still examining her system, and that review could reveal evidence, if any, of unauthorized intrusions into her server or any attempts to siphon off her data.

Clinton has yet to answer specific questions about the security protections in her unusual email setup, which ran out of her New York home and not in a professional data center during her time as secretary of state.

Obama also weighed in on the 2016 presidential elections.

The president called current GOP front-runner Donald Trump "the classic reality TV character" and a "great publicity seeker."

"He is tapped into something that exists in the Republican Party that's real," Obama said. "I think there is genuine anti-immigrant sentiment in the large portion of at least Republican primary voters. I don't think it's uniform." On Trump's election prospects, Obama said: "I don't think he'll end up being president of the United States."

Obama would not say if he wants his vice president, Joe Biden, to get into the presidential race. Many expect Biden to make his decision soon.

"If you're sitting right next to the president in every meeting and, you know, wrestling with these issues, I'm sure that for him, he's saying to himself, 'I could do a really good job.'"

When the president was asked if he believed he could win a third term if he were allowed to run again, he had a simple reply: "Yes."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama on Hillary Email: She Just Made 'a Mistake'
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:20:07 pm »
And he will pardon her no matter what!

Count on it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:37:24 pm »
And he will pardon her no matter what!

Count on it!

"Pardoned" from what?  Don't you have to wait until 'conviction' before you're pardoned?

If so, then she should have been charged and convicted already.  At this pace, if she ends up the POTUS, she'll have to pardon herself. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 02:50:13 pm »
"Pardoned" from what?  Don't you have to wait until 'conviction' before you're pardoned?

If so, then she should have been charged and convicted already.  At this pace, if she ends up the POTUS, she'll have to pardon herself.

NO! You don't have to wait.  As I recall Richard Nixon was never convicted of anything yet he was pardoned.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 03:35:15 pm »
With Kevin McCarthy's brilliant oratory, and now help from the President, Hillary is well on her way to rehabilitation.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 03:58:21 pm »
So, does this mean Biden isn't running?

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 03:59:58 pm »
So, does this mean Biden isn't running?

No...Obama could have lied totally and said there was no email issue and the whole thing is politics.  I suspect the Hillary crew is not happy.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 06:19:33 pm »
No...Obama could have lied totally and said there was no email issue and the whole thing is politics.  I suspect the Hillary crew is not happy.
He did cover for her though. I wonder if joe will run.That will tell us all we need to know.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 06:25:33 pm »

I fall in here too - the last thing Hillary wants is this guy out there saying she made a mistake.  shes running for president, the only person that gets to say that without damaging her is herself.  What kind of mistake? Mistake of judgment?  Someone who wants to be president can't have that be the opinion of others in her own party (and one who holds the position nonetheless).  Nope, she is not happy about that comment at all...seemingly mild, but deadly.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 06:29:52 pm »
He did cover for her though. I wonder if joe will run.That will tell us all we need to know.

Obama covers for her in public - smiles to her face while he stabs her in the back.  I suspect she knows that.  She's probably standing over the cauldron now - stirring up a little sumpin'.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 06:32:24 pm »
Hillary's got a BILLION $$$ to spend.  Unless she's criminally charged as David Petaeus was...she's going to be difficult to beat in the general.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald