Author Topic: Privacy ends October 13, 2015  (Read 283 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Privacy ends October 13, 2015
« on: October 10, 2015, 02:17:22 pm »
http://www.echo.net.au/2015/09/privacy-ends-october-13-2015/

The Abbott government’s new law on collecting the country’s ‘metadata’ from all of our communications devices will go into effect next month. The Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Amendment (Data Retention) Bill 2015 requires that every one of the 400 Australian telcos and ISPs keep a record – not a recording – of every phone call, text, email, and download you make. For phone calls, this ‘metadata’ includes the number called, duration of the call, and the rough location you called or texted from. This metadata must be stored for two years and will be accessible to more than 20 Australian government agencies, from ASIO through every federal and state police force and corruption commission, and to any other agency that attorney-general George Brandis nominates.

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Privacy ends October 13, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:33:38 am »
Once again, I will post my proposed "privacy amendment" to the U.S. Constitution:
============
Citizens protected by this Constitution possess an inalienable right to privacy in their persons, businesses, and homes, and while they are in public.

It shall be a violation of this Constitution for the United States or for the several States to violate or invade the individual privacy of citizens by use of physical, mechanical, or electronic means or by the use of devices on land, on water, below the ground, or from the air.

This protection shall extend to all lawful communications and acts by an individual citizen or between two or more citizens, including content that is spoken, written, or electronically transmitted. It shall extend to citizens regardless of their location, whether in private or in public.

The only exceptions will be as governed by the Fourth Amendment of this Constitution.
============

Failing a specifically-protected right to privacy in the Constitution, the level of government snooping that exists now may be only the beginning.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

But eventually, unrestricted, the guv's are gonna see EVERYTHING...

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Privacy ends October 13, 2015
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 01:58:57 am »
So who in this administration gives a sh*t about out Constitution.  Are there any ooth kepers?