Author Topic: NYC Bans Store Air Conditioners to Fight Global Warming. The "comingling of indoor and outdoor air" has been banned  (Read 674 times)

rangerrebew

NYC Bans Store Air Conditioners to Fight Global Warming
The "comingling of indoor and outdoor air" has been banned
October 9, 2015
Daniel Greenfield

Bill de Blasio's pro-crime policies have helped turn New York City into a shooting gallery. A 13-year-old girl was just shot walking to school in Brooklyn. But Bill de Blasio remains focused on what really matters.

Fighting Global Warming by banning stores from having their doors open while the air conditioner is running.

You’re trudging down a city block in sweltering August heat, when suddenly you get a breath of relief — a momentary, blissful breeze from a store blasting its AC through open doors.

Take one wild guess who hates it? Mayor de Blasio.

“It’s always been a pet peeve of mine,” he said this week as he signed a law forcing stores and restaurants to close doors and windows while air conditioners are running. Fines can run to $1,000.

“It’s the middle of summer in New York City, it’s 90 degrees, you walk by a store, and the door is wide open and the air-conditioning is blasting. That’s wasting a lot of energy. That’s having its own impact on global warming,” he said.

Just think of how much air conditioners are heating up the planet. Okay maybe they're cooling the planet, but either way it must be stopped. Because it's a De Blasio pet peeve. And soon it'll be added to his Progressive Contact With America.

Along with the right of mayors to sleep in as much as they want.

Business owners who violate the rule will be fined — $250 for a first offense, up to $1,000 for an especially egregious violation. The bill builds on prior legislation that barred large retailers from engaging in "the comingling of indoor and outdoor air," according to the New York Times.

Awesome.

Our insane left has banned the "comingling of indoor and outdoor air". I propose that this statute be enforced at any location where De Blasio and his insane ACORN City Council allies can be found. I'm sure it'll be educational to watch them gasp for breath on the last of that "indoor air".

We could open the doors, but then the air would commingle and we'd have oxygen miscegenation. And then the planet will explode.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260396/nyc-bans-store-air-conditioners-fight-global-daniel-greenfield
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:22:50 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

If comrade De Blasio is going to be true to the cause, shouldn't he also ban heat during the winter? :silly:

Offline kevindavis007

I do see a red meat tax coming down the road soon....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mountaineer

Next he'll regulate the rate at which people may exhale, in an effort to control CO2 levels.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Next he'll regulate the rate at which people may exhale, in an effort to control CO2 levels.

Nah. He leaves that to his Police Commissioner.

Bratton seizes woman’s morning joint, tosses it down sewer

New York’s top cop knows “that smell,” and he’s not having it on Wall Street — even if it is just a girl enjoying a joint on her way to class.

NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton sniffed some weed in the air as he walked the financial stretch on Thursday morning, and he swung into action.

Bratton and one of his security officers scoped out the college-aged culprit, approached her and removed the joint from her mouth.

Then they tossed it down a sewer.

“Directly in front of us is this young woman, happily puffing away, on her way – with her earphones in and [with] her school bag — to one of the local schools,” recalled Bratton at a New York Law School breakfast on Friday.

“All of a sudden, there it is, that smell,” he said. I thought, “What the hell —8:30 on Wall Street?”

“So my security officer came up on one side, I came up on the other and tapped her on the shoulder,” he said. “I wish I had a photograph of that face. She instantly recognized me.”

The commissioner-turned-narc “politely” took the weed. Then he “suggested” to the stunned woman “that she might have a better academic day without the influence of [pot],” he said.

Bratton could have arrested and booked the woman for misdemeanor drug possession, because the joint – even though a small amount — was lit. Last year, the NYPD – following several other U.S. cities in recent years – announced it would stop arresting those nabbed with 25 grams or less of weed. City cops now hand out a summons and fine instead.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/09/bratton-seizes-womans-morning-joint-tosses-it-down-sewer/

Were thinking about it for ridiculous news of the day - but it's not stupid enough.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

The difference between a Leftist and a Conservative?
A Leftist has the will to do what is necessary.  A Conservative seeks to "educate", a Leftist understands to "terminate".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Godzilla

is not

Fighting Global Warming by banning stores from having their doors open while the air conditioner is running.

I hate clickbait.

Online mountaineer

The bill builds on prior legislation that barred large retailers from engaging in "the comingling of indoor and outdoor air," according to the New York Times.
:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

is not

I hate clickbait.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Dishonest headlines suck.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

I would like 100,000 people descend on NYC after eating pickled eggs, sauerkraut, and beans.  Then get on their knees as if to pray then raise their hind ends and fart.  I wonder what comrade would do about that. :silly:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:11:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
"It’s always been a pet peeve of mine," he said this week as he signed a law forcing.....

This partial sentence sums up so many things wrong with liberals (and sadly many nanny Conservatives as well).

Offline Rivergirl

And we thought Mayor Big Gulp was just acting out because he was such a shrimp    Now we have tall dork acting out.
Convincing us all that the left is just plain nuts.

Offline sinkspur

I love reading stuff like this.  You silly-assed Yankees living in New York deserve it.

You let the clown get elected or, worse, you voted for him.  I hope he shoves every liberal practice right down your throats. You'll be too afraid to leave your rent-controlled apartment and tourism will dry up with all the crime and foolishness.

I'm doing my part by staying away from your little hellhole and its ridiculous taxes, increasing vagrancy and liberal bullshit.  The Guiliani years are a very distant memory.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One time that I have to agree with sinkspur.

New York City is a great place -- to STAY OUT OF.

The last time I was there was on my last run on the railroad, January 2012. Pulled out of Penn Station, and slowed that passenger train right down at the top of the Hell Gate bridge and took a good, long "look back".

I haven't been back there since.

I have no intention of returning there again.