Author Topic: America Hates Emily Blunt Back: ‘Sicario’ Sinks at Box Office  (Read 438 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/10/10/america-hates-emily-blunt-back-sicario-sinks-at-box-office/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

by John Nolte10 Oct 2015

Although I personally enjoyed the film, Emily Blunt’s “Sicario” is looking like a bust at the box office and a substantial write off for Lionsgate. The edgy drug war thriller that boasts no fewer than three stars (Josh Brolin and Oscar-winner Benecio Del Toro co-star with Blunt) has a total budget of $58 million. After two weeks in wide release, by Monday “Sicario” will sit at less than half that amount, just $26 million.

Overseas, Blunt’s film has picked up another $10 million, but in order to break even “Sicario” will likely have to gross between $130 – $140 million worldwide.

The promotional campaign for “Sicario” was going just fine until star Emily Blunt sabotaged it with a highly-publicized and divisive attack against the Republican Party as a whole, and America.

The Sicario star said during a conversation about who would make a good president, “I became an American citizen recently, and that night, we watched the Republican debate and I thought, ‘This was a terrible mistake. What have I done?’”

It appears as though Americans and Emily Blunt now have something in common: both regret her becoming a citizen.

Only in Hollywood is insulting the customers part of the marketing plan. And this is why movies have not been a growth business in more than a decade. When half your customer base hates you back, it’s gunna affect the bottom line.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34