Author Topic: Carson: ‘There’s A Reason’ The Nazis Disarmed Germany [VIDEO]  (Read 2281 times)

Godzilla

Re: Carson: ‘There’s A Reason’ The Nazis Disarmed Germany [VIDEO]
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 04:12:49 am »
I think I interpreted it the same way Godzilla did.  In 2009 you said the Holocaust wouldn't have happened if Hitler had not disarmed the people of Germany.  Your later post makes it more likely that you are writing about Obama, although you have yet to actually say "Obama."

I'm sorry I have angered you.

This.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 04:15:50 am »
This.

The same goes for you, Godzilla.   

My frustration got the best of me.   I thought I was being very clear.    :shrug:

I never carry a grudge toward a fellow member.  Things tend to look a bit different in the morning.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 04:18:30 am »
The same goes for you, Godzilla.   

My frustration got the best of me.   I thought I was being very clear.    :shrug:

I never carry a grudge toward a fellow member.  Things tend to look a bit different in the morning.   :beer:

This too.   :grouphug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2015, 04:31:15 am »
My anger is/was not directed at you personally, Once-Ler.

It's the frustration that conversing in forums doesn't always come thru in the context one intended.   :beer:

Cool beanz. 
It takes a big man to admit a mistake.   :beer:
I've been there too often to begrudge you.  The good natured jab, tongue in cheek sarcasm, or subtle wink do not lend themselves well to written communication and are often perceived maliciously when that is not the intent.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2015, 11:20:50 am »
I'm not playing. ^-^
Don't be angry DC.  You may think your post "Called this back in 09.  And some of you said my tin-foil was too tight and that I was crazy" is perfectly clear, but to me it is vague and open to many interpretations.  My reply was not to challenge you but in sympathy with Godzilla who I thought was justified in asking for clarification and also justifiably confused by your angry response.  I don't wish to fight with you so let us drop it.

Little godzilla is a disrupter wannabe.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 05:21:28 am »
Little godzilla is a disrupter wannabe.
Who is the wannabe disrupter?  Who is spewing base insults here onc?

You are entitled to your opinion, but I believe Godzilla is a well informed poster often with unique perspectives on current topics.  Godzilla is one of the many reasons I enjoy this forum so much, but then I appreciate a wide spectrum of opinions even from people I disagree with.   I come here to learn and grow.  I don't come here to have my opinion validated.  I come here to have my opinion challenged.  And boy is it ever. 

I have a few posters on ignore.  You are not one of them.  Even though I sometimes find myself aggravated by a post or two of yours, I think I can learn something from you.  So can Godzilla.  Lets keep it civil. OK?

Offline Paladin

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 05:44:58 am »
Even though I sometimes find myself aggravated by a post or two of yours, I think I can learn something from you.  So can Godzilla.  Lets keep it civil. OK?

Splendid idea, Once-ler. In fact, why don't we begin this with "one of the many reasons I enjoy this forum", Godzilla, who just tonight said to Famousdayandyear, "How do you like being led around like a cow, instead on thinking for yourself?"

Or is that an example of his well informed, unique perspective?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2015, 06:43:02 am »
Splendid idea, Once-ler. In fact, why don't we begin this with "one of the many reasons I enjoy this forum", Godzilla, who just tonight said to Famousdayandyear, "How do you like being led around like a cow, instead on thinking for yourself?"

I read that thread after I posted here.  Seems like a lot of posters are saying nasty stuff about others.  That is sad.  Life is too short for that kind of drama.  I like Godzilla, but I like Famous and you too Paladin.  I'm not here to pick sides or looking for a fight with you. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:46:13 am by Once-Ler »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2015, 10:31:18 am »
Who is the wannabe disrupter?  Who is spewing base insults here onc?

You are entitled to your opinion, but I believe Godzilla is a well informed poster often with unique perspectives on current topics.  Godzilla is one of the many reasons I enjoy this forum so much, but then I appreciate a wide spectrum of opinions even from people I disagree with.   I come here to learn and grow.  I don't come here to have my opinion validated.  I come here to have my opinion challenged.  And boy is it ever. 

I have a few posters on ignore.  You are not one of them.  Even though I sometimes find myself aggravated by a post or two of yours, I think I can learn something from you.  So can Godzilla.  Lets keep it civil. OK?

I may be aggravating.  I may be crude, vulgar and profane.  I'm also cuddly and humorous, both maritini dry or mooningly broad and slapstick.  I'm also insightful and analytical and modest.  godzilla isn't even good at being irrelevant.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Godzilla

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 03:54:26 pm »

Oooh, cherry picking without showing the leadup.  Who's the disingenous one?  That's you, Paladin.

The only thing I really said in that entire thread was a question about whether a poster would feel that an execution was also warranted from Pvt. Jenkins, someone who did the same thing as Bergdahl.

Then the insults flew against both myself and posters that I do respect.  So, I decided to give an honest opinion.  Too many aren't developing their own opinions on matters, instead waiting for a politician or an opinion source/blog to tell you your opinion.

I'll try and think up my own, thank you.

An anti-example would be this own thread, I was guilty of parroting something I heard as my own opinion, until Once-Ler brought up a point I hadn't considered.  Then I thought about it.  Since then, I have modified my opinion on this issue.

Unlike those others, I did not hurl invectives for bringing up points that challenge my view.  I did not cherry-pick words out of context to tar others.

Why is it that you, among others, decided to cast insults at my question?  Did you even think about it?

---

You should look yourself in a mirror and ask if you think about issues and adjust your opinion if it doesn't work... or if you just get angry.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:21:50 pm by Godzilla »

Offline Paladin

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 07:46:47 pm »
Get a clue, Godzilla. Don't call anyone on here, especially a woman, a "cow".

Your big on demanding apologies so follow your own advice. You owe one to FDaY.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Godzilla

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 01:26:38 am »
Get a clue, Godzilla. Don't call anyone on here, especially a woman, a "cow".

Your big on demanding apologies so follow your own advice. You owe one to FDaY.

I take it you agree on everything I wrote, considering you didn't say anything otherwise.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 05:43:29 am »
I take it you agree on everything I wrote, considering you didn't say anything otherwise.

How remarkably silly.

Godzilla

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »
How remarkably silly.

Then defute it.  That is how debate works.  Not insults.

Since you haven't...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 10:49:19 pm »
He's right on this.

Of course he is.  It's long been acknowledged if power wants to render any people immobile and defenseless, power must take the people's money and their guns.  With the Jewish people under Hitler, it was done and done.