Author Topic: Carson: ‘There’s A Reason’ The Nazis Disarmed Germany [VIDEO]  (Read 2280 times)

rangerrebew

Carson: ‘There’s A Reason’ The Nazis Disarmed Germany [VIDEO]

Posted By Christian Datoc On 2:21 PM 10/08/2015 In | No Comments

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson defended the Second Amendment Thursday, telling CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that there’s a reason tyrannical governments like Nazi Germany disarm their citizens.

BLITZER: What’s the point you’re trying to make? If there had been guns in Germany there might not have been a Holocaust.

CARSON: My point is — that was only one of the countries that I mentioned — there were a number of countries where tyranny reigned and before it happened, they disarmed the people. That was the point. Noah Webster said — when he was talking about tyranny — that the people of America would never suffer tyranny because they are armed.

BLITZER: So just clarify then. Had there been no gun control laws in Europe at that time. Would 6 million Jews have been slaughtered?

CARSON: I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed —

BLITZER: It was a powerful military machine, you know, the Nazis.

CARSON: I understand that.

BLITZER: They could have simply gone in and wiped out communities.

CARSON: But you realize there’s a reason they took the guns first right?

BLITZER: So you believe that if they had guns, this could have been eased?

CARSON: I’m telling you there’s a reason these dictatorial people take the guns first.

Follow Datoc on Twitter and Facebook

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/08/carson-theres-a-reason-the-nazis-disarmed-germany-video/

Godzilla

Re: Carson: ‘There’s A Reason’ The Nazis Disarmed Germany [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 09:23:58 pm »
He's right on this.

Totoyomi Hideyoshi conducted 'sword hunts' after unifying Japan to remove the capability to conduct an armed uprising.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:09:49 pm »
Absolutely.  Have to agree with Carson on this one.   In order for any "entity" to transform or take over a country or a group of people, it is necessary to disarm them.  Most of us realize the craziness of allowing nearly 200,000 Syrian terrorists into this country, but imagine if they are allowed in AND Obama tries to disarm us. 

What happens when governments disarm their citizens?

http://warriortimes.com/2011/04/24/what-happens-when-governments-disarm-their-citizens/

"The 2nd amendment is not about duck hunting, or deer hunting. It is about having the ability and the right to defend oneself and your family. It doesn’t matter if that threat is a burglar, or the Federal Government. A disarmed population is fair game for any president who may be aspiring to become a dictator. Having its citizens armed was the plain and simple intent of the founding fathers of our country."
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:12:30 pm »
He's right on this.

Carson's right on a lot of stuff........... this included.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:29:51 pm »
Called this back in 09.  And some of you said my tin-foil was too tight and that I was crazy.

When are you all going to learn?    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 10:33:19 pm »
Called this back in 09.  And some of you said my tin-foil was too tight and that I was crazy.

When are you all going to learn?    :smokin:

???

Called what?  Nazi disarmament of their population in the 1930's?

:shrug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 10:37:04 pm »
???

Called what?  Nazi disarmament of their population in the 1930's?

:shrug:

Don't have time tonight for your bullsh*t obtuseness, Godzilla.    :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Godzilla

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 10:39:44 pm »
Don't have time tonight for your bullsh*t obtuseness, Godzilla.    :seeya:

WTF?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 10:43:35 pm »
Ben Carson is right and I'm so glad to see he is not backing down.  I think he has correctly figured out that Americans are sick and tired of appeasement and political correctness.

Hear, hear!   :patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 12:33:56 am »
In John Ross' great book "Unintended Consequences", there's a section that describes how a small band of Jews armed only with a few basic weapons staged the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.

You can find it here:
http://tinyurl.com/odgkge2

(save it as a pdf -- one of the most interesting books you'll ever read)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 02:05:44 am »
WTF?
I must be obtuse too, cause I have no idea what DC is talking about.

Just to play devil's advocate, while I agree with Carson's argument in general...it presumes that the German people, who were with Hitler, would not take up their own arms and fight the jews also.  It's not a point I would assume as a given.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 02:07:43 am »

Just to play devil's advocate, while I agree with Carson's argument in general...it presumes that the German people, who were with Hitler, would not take up their own arms and fight the jews also.  It's not a point I would assume as a given.

Point well taken.  It seems to me, based on my mostly inadequate knowledge of history, that Hitler and the Nazis came to power not in spite of the will of the German people, but by means of it.

Godzilla

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 02:21:36 am »

That is a good point.  Kristallnacht would have probably been much bloodier, with the death toll in the thousands and not roughly 100.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:22:15 am by Godzilla »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 02:38:09 am »
It's one thing to have guns.  It is a whole other thing to be prepared to use them.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 03:23:34 am »

Jesus H. Christ!  Are you going to play dumb too?

1) Read the title of the thread.
2) Read the replies...especially libertybelle's in reply #2
3) Apply it to the incessant coverage of the latest attempts to take away our gun rights under the 2nd Amendment.

"WTF" indeed!   :whistle:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 03:39:10 am »

3) Apply it to the incessant coverage of the latest attempts to take away our gun rights under the 2nd Amendment.

:thumbsup:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 03:43:24 am »
:thumbsup:

Seriously, Lea!

It's like everybody here is on drugs tonight.    ^-^

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 03:43:41 am »

I'm not playing. ^-^

Don't be angry DC.  You may think your post "Called this back in 09.  And some of you said my tin-foil was too tight and that I was crazy" is perfectly clear, but to me it is vague and open to many interpretations.  My reply was not to challenge you but in sympathy with Godzilla who I thought was justified in asking for clarification and also justifiably confused by your angry response.  I don't wish to fight with you so let us drop it. 

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 03:46:37 am »
I'm not playing. ^-^
Don't be angry DC.  You may think your post "Called this back in 09.  And some of you said my tin-foil was too tight and that I was crazy" is perfectly clear, but to me it is vague and open to many interpretations.  My reply was not to challenge you but in sympathy with Godzilla who I thought was justified in asking for clarification and also justifiably confused by your angry response.  I don't wish to fight with you so let us drop it. 

Yep.  Drop it, DC.  Facts are too g-damn hard for these sons of bitches.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 03:48:01 am »

Pray tell....give me some of those other "interpretations" one could derive from my post in the context of the thread title together with Obama and Hillary's out and out attempt to disarm the population.

I'll wait....not going anywhere.    :whistle:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 03:58:53 am »
Seriously, Lea!

It's like everybody here is on drugs tonight.    ^-^

Well, I'll confess that I'm slightly drunk.  (hiccup)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 03:59:37 am »
Well, I'll confess that I'm slightly drunk.  (hiccup)

:laugh:

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 04:01:13 am »
Yep.  Drop it, DC.  Facts are too g-damn hard for these sons of bitches.
Yesterday you were concerned for my mental health and today I'm a son of a bitch.   :pondering:

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 04:08:25 am »
Pray tell....give me some of those other "interpretations" one could derive from my post in the context of the thread title together with Obama and Hillary's out and out attempt to disarm the population.

I'll wait....not going anywhere.    :whistle:
I think I interpreted it the same way Godzilla did.  In 2009 you said the Holocaust wouldn't have happened if Hitler had not disarmed the people of Germany.  Your later post makes it more likely that you are writing about Obama, although you have yet to actually say "Obama."

I'm sorry I have angered you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 04:12:40 am »
I think I interpreted it the same way Godzilla did.  In 2009 you said the Holocaust wouldn't have happened if Hitler had not disarmed the people of Germany.  Your later post makes it more likely that you are writing about Obama, although you have yet to actually say "Obama."

I'm sorry I have angered you.

My anger is/was not directed at you personally, Once-Ler.

It's the frustration that conversing in forums doesn't always come thru in the context one intended.   :beer: