Author Topic: Homosexuality may be caused by chemical modifications to DNA  (Read 3737 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Homosexuality may be caused by chemical modifications to DNA
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 03:05:39 am »
Why is it that conservatives -- who will often be the first to point out (accurately) that genes and inheritance can affect human characteristics from IQ to personality to eye color -- will become defensive when it's suggested that those same factors may affect one's sexuality, as well?

Because there's no leftist agenda driving the research behind one's eye color??   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 04:04:33 am »
Why is it that conservatives -- who will often be the first to point out (accurately) that genes and inheritance can affect human characteristics from IQ to personality to eye color -- will become defensive when it's suggested that those same factors may affect one's sexuality, as well?
Because they need others to look down on, and they need the obsessions about moral shortcomings, according to their own beliefs and standards. Gives the preachers material for their moral scolding and sermons.

I question their "conservatism" by certain standards, for they lose sight of personal freedom as a goal.

I say if God didn't want there to be homosexuals, he would not have made them; because God doesn't make mistakes.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 11:56:23 am »
Because they need others to look down on, and they need the obsessions about moral shortcomings, according to their own beliefs and standards.

Sounds exactly like what you are doing.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 12:38:30 pm »

Which proves something about judgment. In my judgment, the practice of using judgment in the post-modern world has been largely abandoned. It seems judgment is just too darn judgmental for us anymore - except when we judge others, who employ judgment, as being too, well, you know...  :nono:  mustn't judge.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 01:08:59 pm »
Which proves something about judgment. In my judgment, the practice of using judgment in the post-modern world has been largely abandoned. It seems judgment is just too darn judgmental for us anymore - except when we judge others, who employ judgment, as being too, well, you know...  :nono:  mustn't judge.

I submit that it is completely impossible for anyone to survive on this planet without making judgements about literally hundreds of things every day! We MUST discriminate in order to survive!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 01:30:30 pm »
I submit that it is completely impossible for anyone to survive on this planet without making judgements about literally hundreds of things every day! We MUST discriminate in order to survive!

Exactly. Which is why the left clings to Matthew 7:1-3, "Judge not, lest ye be judged" completely misreading the full text.

Judging is what the brain does. It is the default setting for survival.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 01:32:22 pm »

That's one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read!  BRAVO!   You nailed it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 02:04:53 pm »

When it comes to Conservative Christians, t_s specializes in being judgmental.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 03:41:52 pm »
That's one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read!  BRAVO!   You nailed it.

Thank you very much. Coming from you I consider that high praise, indeed.  :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 05:42:19 pm »
Thank you very much. Coming from you I consider that high praise, indeed.  :beer:

Hey..... I calls em as I sees em, friend!  It was clever and TRUE..... you can't beat that!   :beer: