Author Topic: Ellmers thanks lawmakers for 'prayers' amid affair rumors  (Read 1121 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ellmers thanks lawmakers for 'prayers' amid affair rumors
« on: October 09, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/renee-ellmers-affair-rumor-kevin-mccarthy-thanks-gop-lawmakers-for-support-214607

Ellmers thanks lawmakers for 'prayers' amid affair rumors

A GOP donor sent emails alleging an extramarital relationship between Ellmers and Kevin McCarthy, a claim aides say is unfounded.

By Jake Sherman , Anna Palmer and Lauren French

10/09/15 11:28 AM EDT

Rep. Renee Ellmers stood up in a private meeting of Republican lawmakers on Friday and thanked them for their "prayers and support" after they received “nasty emails” accusing her of having an extramarital affair with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, according to multiple sources in the room.

She did not mention McCarthy (R-Calif.) by name, detail the content of the emails or provide any other information.

Sources close to Ellmers and McCarthy say the accusation is unfounded, and assert that it is being spread by a discredited troublemaker. McCarthy has publicly denied that any personal problems were behind his stunning decision to withdraw from the speaker's race on Thursday.

Ellmers was referring to emails sent to dozens of Republican lawmakers recently by Steve Baer, a Chicago-based GOP donor, claiming the two Republican lawmakers were engaged in a romantic relationship.

Ellmers' attorney also sent a "cease and desist" letter this week to GotNews.com, a website that alleged early in 2015 the two were having a longstanding affair. This all came as McCarthy was running for speaker.

Rumors of a romantic relationship between McCarthy and Ellmers have been swirling in Republican circles for years.

continued
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:17:24 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Ellmers thanks lawmakers for 'prayers' amid affair rumors
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 04:18:56 pm »
http://nypost.com/2015/10/08/mccarthy-withdraws-candidacy-for-house-speaker/

McCarthy accused of affair with House member after failed speaker bid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »
If they were Democrats they'd freely admit it, and their political standing would be enhanced.

Who knows.  Once Trump is elected perhaps our standards as Republicans will also come into alignment with crass pop culture sensibilities. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 04:36:06 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/renee-ellmers-affair-rumor-kevin-mccarthy-thanks-gop-lawmakers-for-support-214607

Rumors of a romantic relationship between McCarthy and Ellmers have been swirling in Republican circles for years.

"For years.."

I saw this BEFORE the Wiki changes. If there were rumors for years, what kinds of idiots thought his candidacy would not trigger the widely known rumors, coming out into the public eye?

Was Boehner merely "playing" with his colleagues? Take me out, and I'll show you what happens? Check out the strongest prospect. Have any of you yahoos even done the slightest bit of research?

The Stupid Party
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:58:46 pm »
"For years.."

I saw this BEFORE the Wiki changes. If there were rumors for years, what kinds of idiots thought his candidacy would not trigger the widely known rumors, coming out into the public eye?

Was Boehner merely "playing" with his colleagues? Take me out, and I'll show you what happens? Check out the strongest prospect. Have any of you yahoos even done the slightest bit of research?

The Stupid Party
Oh, so now WE'RE the yahoos?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »
Ellmers was elected in NC District 2 as a tea party candidate (2010).  During that term she proved to be a lying bitch.  Efforts to unseat her in 2014 failed, and here we are.  She is married (to a physician I believe);  her affair with McCarthy has been common knowledge inside the beltway.

Our NC rep Walter Jones (NC-3) has raised objections, and the news has filtered down to the NC conservative press.  We are not surprised at anything she does, since she has had no problem defaulting on her campaign positions.  Prime example of turncoat politics, once inside the beltway.

Go to conservativereview.com for information about your congressmen.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 05:08:44 pm »
Prayers........?  Pffft!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 05:18:44 pm »
Oh, so now WE'RE the yahoos?
Boehner's colleagues were "yahoos" to not pick up on the well known affair.

bkepley

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 05:20:54 pm »
Boehner's colleagues were "yahoos" to not pick up on the well known affair.

The only Yahoos are the two having the affair in my opinion.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 05:30:08 pm »
The only Yahoos are the two having the affair in my opinion.
Then you hold a higher opinion of elected politicians, than I do. To me they are all yahoos.

I used to make the point here often, that politicians as a class, are NOT fine, wonderful people to be admired. Most are quite the opposite.

If that is your "going in" position, you'll be less inclined to be disappointed.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 05:38:14 pm »
Then you hold a higher opinion of elected politicians, than I do. To me they are all yahoos.

I used to make the point here often, that politicians as a class, are NOT fine, wonderful people to be admired. Most are quite the opposite.

If that is your "going in" position, you'll be less inclined to be disappointed.

I am of the same mind as you...for intelligence, ability and character, the political class is far and away the lowest we have...I would place random homeless sign flyers and packs of feral dogs ahead of them. Really, the only apt comparison to the political class are those doing hard time in max security prison.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 06:48:35 pm »
Ellmers was elected in NC District 2 as a tea party candidate (2010).  During that term she proved to be a lying bitch.  Efforts to unseat her in 2014 failed, and here we are.  She is married (to a physician I believe);  her affair with McCarthy has been common knowledge inside the beltway.

Our NC rep Walter Jones (NC-3) has raised objections, and the news has filtered down to the NC conservative press.  We are not surprised at anything she does, since she has had no problem defaulting on her campaign positions.  Prime example of turncoat politics, once inside the beltway.

Go to conservativereview.com for information about your congressmen.

Exactly.  Elmers is pro abortion and as duplicitous as they come.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 07:04:17 pm »
Exactly.  Elmers is pro abortion and as duplicitous as they come.

Like the ease with which a prosecutor can get an indictment against a ham sandwich, I guess anybody can get themselves elected to Congress if they can tell credible lies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 07:05:39 pm »

Witness! Obama!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 07:27:55 pm »
Like the ease with which a prosecutor can get an indictment against a ham sandwich, I guess anybody can get themselves elected to Congress if they can tell credible lies.

She is done and will announce soon she is leaving to spend more time with her family. That is the standard for any politician that gets caught doing something they should have not been doing. In her case finding the weenie? :nometalk:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 10:05:32 pm »
She is done and will announce soon she is leaving to spend more time with her family. That is the standard for any politician that gets caught doing something they should have not been doing. In her case finding the weenie? :nometalk:

:silly:

Ahh! The double entendre. Well played!