Author Topic: Atlanta Radio Host Unloads Ugly Twitter Tantrum on Female ESPN MLB Analyst  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Atlanta Radio Host Unloads Ugly Twitter Tantrum on Female ESPN MLB Analyst
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »
LOL!   Just saw your post, Sink.

One of my favorite Scully moments was when a runner was trying to score from 1st base on a gapper to right center field.

He was about 10 feet from 3rd base and his feet got tangled somehow.  He stumbled but didn't fall.

Scully, without missing a beat says, "....rounding 3rd and he's leaking oil"      ^-^

Dizzy and Pee Wee on LIVE  no delay TV.

Dizz: Peewee I think I've got this figured out.

Pee Wee: Yeah Diz what do you thinks goin on there?

Dizz: Well Pee Wee I think he's kissin her on the strikes and she's kissin him on the balls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 01:44:34 pm »
You ignored my next line - not impossible but much more difficult.  What is happening however is the equivalent of affirmative action...now women MUST be there, regardless of qualification.

Actually, I didn't ignore it.  I just commented on part of your post, not its entirety.

Happens all the time during conversations like this. 

I agree with you on what's happening now, just commented on the part that I slightly disagreed with.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 07:32:40 pm »
Beside that he WANTED and deserved to finish it!  Threw a masterful game if you ask me!

I once had a multiple years ongoing argument with "Statheads" in the USENET alt.sports.baseball.balt-orioles newsgroup back in the late 90s.

My contention was that great pitching could beat great hitting any day.   ESPECIALLY IN A SHORT SERIES.

It grew out my hatred for Cal Ripken, Jr., who I charged with unintentionally sinking the Orioles' chances toward the later years of his career by first...not moving over to 3rd base from shortstop...secondly for his bullshit consecutive games streak (2131)...and for his prima donna stature holding the organization hostage.

They went thru about 30 3rd basemen over his career, and they went ballistic when Mike Bordick....who was a WALK ON, NON-DRAFTED infielder with the Oakland As....replaced him.

Bordick's 1st season found him hitting .236 with an OPS of 'only' .662.

They blamed HIM for the failure of the Orioles to win the World Series in their wire-to-wire season of 1997.

Mike Bordick holds the reigning record of fielding by a shortstop in Orioles history and is in the Orioles HOF.  He's also the current color analyst in the Orioles broadcast booth.

Meanwhile Cal is still hawking for a local bank and drinking his milk.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald