Author Topic: Atlanta Radio Host Unloads Ugly Twitter Tantrum on Female ESPN MLB Analyst  (Read 5665 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Atlanta Radio Host Unloads Ugly Twitter Tantrum on Female ESPN MLB Analyst
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 10:17:14 pm »
If women can do it well and have the knowlege to show that they deserve the opportunity...then great, no problem at all with me.  However, what we see today is that networks appear to believe that they must have women in the booth or on the sidelines - it is affirmative action to them - because now there MUST be women on the broadcast.  No woman has played major league baseball or NFL football, and that makes it more difficult for them to fill these roles and understand the game at the same level as men who have that experience.   Not impossible, just much more difficult.  I would expect that those "deserving" one of these would be a rather limited cohort.  Yet, every game MUST have women on the broadcast team.  It is affirmative action at that point.  And insidious political correctness.

If that's the criteria, then no one who didn't play in the NFL should be able to comment on an NFL game.

Many, many women have been paying attention to football for decades, and we tend to know more than we're given credit for.

If you took all the men who haven't had professional sports experience in every sport out of it, you might be able to argue your point.

But that ain't gonna happen.....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:17:54 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 10:39:15 pm »
Dizzy, Pee Wee and The Duke....... :patriot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWIMmnny8Q&list=PLo6oE1S3UA7yve7q_OHel6WtGFxf_En-jo

Vin Scully quotes.....ah, the memories.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:44:28 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 10:47:18 pm »
Dizzy, Pee Wee and The Duke....... :patriot:

Please do not snub Red Barber, DC.  Yep, maybe he drank too much.  In the end, it was Red who recruited Vin Scully.

Just compelled to defend Red, because he saved me so many times.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:48:07 pm by famousdayandyear »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 10:58:43 pm »
Please do not snub Red Barber, DC.  Yep, maybe he drank too much.  In the end, it was Red who recruited Vin Scully.

Wasn't intentional, my friend.

I thought I was quoting a song lyric.   

But I was wrong...... it's Willie, Mickey and Duke....

here is the song I was thinking of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKA9Zi5-_Y
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 11:02:01 pm »

Okay....now you've got my attention, buddy....do you care to elaborate a bit?    :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 11:03:49 pm »
If that's the criteria, then no one who didn't play in the NFL should be able to comment on an NFL game.

Many, many women have been paying attention to football for decades, and we tend to know more than we're given credit for.

If you took all the men who haven't had professional sports experience in every sport out of it, you might be able to argue your point.

It just seemed so contrived and out of place last night, musiclady.

To have her debut in the booth during a Wildcard playoff game was an insult to fans everywhere.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 11:33:23 pm »
It just seemed so contrived and out of place last night, musiclady.

To have her debut in the booth during a Wildcard playoff game was an insult to fans everywhere.

I get that completely. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 12:09:07 am »
Okay....now you've got my attention, buddy....do you care to elaborate a bit?    :laugh:

No.  I have no "buddies"

Online DCPatriot

Offline Paladin

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 12:32:39 am »
Dizzy Dean could barely put a sentence together, but he was a hoot.

And the bane of English teachers everywhere.

Also from ML: "you took all the men who haven't had professional sports experience in every sport out of it, you might be able to argue your point."

Listen, if Howard Cosell could be considered an informed sportscaster then anyone, woman or not, can also be.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 12:46:44 am »
And the bane of English teachers everywhere.

Also from ML: "you took all the men who haven't had professional sports experience in every sport out of it, you might be able to argue your point."

Listen, if Howard Cosell could be considered an informed sportscaster then anyone, woman or not, can also be.

Never quite understood the success of Cosell.   Good point about his lack of 'athleticism' though...  :beer:

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 12:49:46 am »
Okaaaay.   :shrug:
Sorry.  Rude of me.  Meant to edit that last line.  Too late now, and too many slips of thought.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 12:51:45 am »
Dizzy Dean could barely put a sentence together, but he was a hoot.  ^-^

I'll never forget when Diz was asked "What's the hardest hit ball you ever saw?"

Without missing a beat, he said "A line drive that went through the pitcher's legs that the center field caught."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 12:52:40 am »
Sorry.  Rude of me.  Meant to edit that last line.  Too late now, and too many slips of thought.

No harm, famous.   Going to take one helluva lot more that that to get me to change my impression of you.   :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 02:50:00 am »
I'll never forget when Diz was asked "What's the hardest hit ball you ever saw?"

Without missing a beat, he said "A line drive that went through the pitcher's legs that the center field caught."

:silly:     Ah, Dizzy!  We still miss you!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 03:10:18 am »

LOL!   Just saw your post, Sink.

One of my favorite Scully moments was when a runner was trying to score from 1st base on a gapper to right center field.

He was about 10 feet from 3rd base and his feet got tangled somehow.  He stumbled but didn't fall.

Scully, without missing a beat says, "....rounding 3rd and he's leaking oil"      ^-^

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 04:18:42 am »

You ignored my next line - not impossible but much more difficult.  What is happening however is the equivalent of affirmative action...now women MUST be there, regardless of qualification.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 04:28:38 am »
You ignored my next line - not impossible but much more difficult.  What is happening however is the equivalent of affirmative action...now women MUST be there, regardless of qualification.

If this permeates the baseball playoff, I'm afraid that since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, that we're going to see a World Series game with pink bats.  Or, pink catcher's mitts.    :whistle:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 04:30:45 am »
The Pink stuff is way over the top.  They need to ratchet that down a bit.

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2015, 04:41:32 am »
The Pink stuff is way over the top.  They need to ratchet that down a bit.

Tell me about it...... :whistle:

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2015, 05:16:40 am »
If this permeates the baseball playoff, I'm afraid that since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, that we're going to see a World Series game with pink bats.  Or, pink catcher's mitts.    :whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh_ISiBC-I

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2015, 05:21:43 am »
Just read Chicago Cubs advance.  Chicago PD prolly busy right now

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2015, 05:28:27 am »
I am amazed Maddon let Arrieta go all the way with that lead.  Their bullpen is more than suspect but there may be three long series left, they will need him fresh against the Cardinals and beyond.

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 11:22:51 am »
I am amazed Maddon let Arrieta go all the way with that lead.  Their bullpen is more than suspect but there may be three long series left, they will need him fresh against the Cardinals and beyond.

He threw 113 pitches.  It wasn't a hot Summer evening.  He's going to be fine.

This was the '7th Game' elimination....no 'tomorrow'.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2015, 12:45:10 pm »
He threw 113 pitches.  It wasn't a hot Summer evening.  He's going to be fine.

This was the '7th Game' elimination....no 'tomorrow'.

Beside that he WANTED and deserved to finish it!  Threw a masterful game if you ask me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien