Author Topic: Donald Trump Sees a ‘Collapse’ in a G.O.P. Campaign Without Him  (Read 956 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Donald Trump Sees a ‘Collapse’ in a G.O.P. Campaign Without Him

Michael Barbaro

Donald J. Trump predicts a “major collapse” in the Republican campaign and a “depression” for the television industry should he prematurely exit the presidential race.

In a recent interview, Mr. Trump offered a vainglorious pre-obituary of sorts for his candidacy, should he ever end it (for which he insists he has no plans).

“There’d be a major collapse of the race, and there’d be a major collapse of television ratings,” he said from his office in Trump Tower. “It would become a depression in television.”

Mr. Trump said that a presidential campaign without him would become so “boring” that he would struggle to pay any attention to it.

more at:  www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/05/donald-trump-sees-a-collapse-in-a-g-o-p-campaign-without-him/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Donald Trump Sees a ‘Collapse’ in a G.O.P. Campaign Without Him
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:36 pm »
Geez Donald....don't give Hillary any ideas, or you may be Breitbarted.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:17:16 pm »
The "Donald is correct".  He has succeeded in gathering some much need attention for the GOP. I find it interesting that he has made comments about his exit/non-exit a couple of times which leads me to believe perhaps his purpose was to excite the GOP voting base and to eliminate the establishment candidates. It is too early to tell. I am certainly looking forward to further debates and as for Clinton...she will continue to self-destruct.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:37 pm »
The "Donald is correct".  He has succeeded in gathering some much need attention for the GOP. I find it interesting that he has made comments about his exit/non-exit a couple of times which leads me to believe perhaps his purpose was to excite the GOP voting base and to eliminate the establishment candidates. It is too early to tell. I am certainly looking forward to further debates and as for Clinton...she will continue to self-destruct.

It's not just the GOP he has awoken.  People beyond the political spectators are paying attention much earlier than normal as well as people who never really cared about politics.  People are excited and paying attention.  He has been very good for the process.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »
When I think of how a Hillary Clinton/Jeb Bush race would be - really should call that a debacle - or even a Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders vs. Bush race...yeah, I can see The Donald's point.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 05:28:11 pm »
It's not just the GOP he has awoken.  People beyond the political spectators are paying attention much earlier than normal as well as people who never really cared about politics.  People are excited and paying attention.  He has been very good for the process.

Do not think has has woke the GOP. PO ed them, yes! threw a wrench into their plans to get BUSHIE elected, yes BUT awoken the RINOGOP, no way Jose. He did awake the forgottem base of the RINOGOP whom they hate, the DEMS and the Insependents of all the silent majority, Blacks, Hispanics, etc. A lot of hopey changey diappointed people finally realize it was all BS. Yes, if TRUMP drops out both the RINOGOP and LIBS would be delighted because it is back to BUSHIE and HILLARY.  :patriot:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »
Geez Donald....don't give Hillary any ideas, or you may be Breitbarted.    :whistle:
Nah. Trump is one of them. He's worth more to them alive than dead.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 06:45:09 pm »
Nah. Trump is one of them. He's worth more to them alive than dead.

Not come September he won't be.    :whistle: