Author Topic: Joe Biden Thinks Oregon Community College Shooter Used A Bazooka Or Something  (Read 660 times)

rangerrebew

Joe Biden Thinks Oregon Community College Shooter Used A Bazooka Or Something

Brian Anderson
October 2, 2015

Crazy Joe is back! As democrats tripped over each other to exploit the Oregon community college to push their gun control agenda, the Vice President made the singularly stupidest statement regarding the tragedy. According to Biden, the shooter used either a bazooka or a fighter jet to commit the mass killing.

WGNO reports that Biden was giving a speech in New York, hours after the Oregon shooting, something he described as a “massive shooting.” In reference to that shooting, this came out of his mouth:

“The Second Amendment doesn’t say you can own a bazooka. It doesn’t say you could own an F-15 with hellfire missiles,” said Biden.

All reliable reporting says that shooter Chris Harper-Mercer used a long gun and three handguns in his killing spree. I can find no reports of a bazooka fire or a rogue fighter jet being utilized in this crime. Plus, how many decades has it been since a bazooka was an actual weapon used by anyone? What’s the relevance here?

I think what Old Joe, in his crazy-ass way, is trying to do is demonize normal legal firearms by drawing a parallel to weapons of war. This is a classic case of liberal false equivalency: bazookas and fighter jets are used by the military, as are rifles and handguns; therefore they are the same thing and must be taken from civilian hands.

The funny thing is, Biden is completely wrong. The 2nd Amendment does not ban civilian ownership of bazookas and hellfire missiles. The exact wording is: the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. There is no clause that grants an exception for military weaponry. Artillery and fighter jets are arms, the same as rifles and pistols are.

The intent of the 2nd Amendment was to insure that the people had the right and the means to resist government tyranny. The only way that would work is if the people had the same firepower as the oppressive government.

I’m not advocating that people should be able to walk into a WalMart and buy a nuclear warhead; I’m just saying that the 2nd Amendment doesn’t specifically keep people from owning military weapons. For the record, I support universal background checks, training, and waiting periods for nukes.

Further complicating things, Biden made one hell of a contradictory statement to go along with this insanity:

“Part of the dysfunction in our political system today is that there is an overwhelming consensus in America on two things that are equally defensive: the Second Amendment and sane gun legislation,” Biden said.

At first you’re thinking that Biden just said that our gun ownership rights are defensible, but then he goes cuckoo by saying that taking those rights away is equally legitimate. If our right to keep and bear arms is protected by law (and it is) then infringing on that right is illegal (which it is). You can’t say people have a right to own guns in the same sentence that you state the government can take that right away. Well, you can’t do that if you are in control of your mental facilities anyways.

Then again maybe I’m reading too much into what Biden said. Perhaps he really does believe that the Oregon community college shooter was firing a bazooka from the cockpit of an F-15 fighter jet. Sadly, this wouldn’t be the craziest thing he’s ever said.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/joe-biden-thinks-oregon-community-college-shooter-used-a-bazooka-or-something
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:55:56 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I think what Old Joe, in his crazy-ass way lazy-ass way, is trying to do is demonize normal legal firearms by drawing a parallel to weapons of war. 

At the time of the Constitution there were canons but THEY aren't singled out as weapons that people can't have and they are CLEARLY not suitable for hunting. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:00:12 pm by rangerrebew »