Author Topic: Jordan MP’s son joins Islamic State, becomes suicide bomber  (Read 288 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Jordan MP’s son joins Islamic State, becomes suicide bomber
« on: October 04, 2015, 09:07:10 am »
A Jordanian parliament member said his son carried out a suicide bombing in Iraq just three months after the family failed to prevent him from joining the Islamic State extremist group.

Jordan is part of an international military coalition against IS, but the group has some grassroots support in the country.

Parliamentarian Mazen Dalaeen told The Associated Press he last saw his 23-year-old son Mohammed in June in Ukraine, where he was studying medicine.

Dalaeen said his son left for Iraq via Turkey and Syria the next day, after they argued about the terror group.

He said Saturday he learned of Mohammed’s death late last week from IS-linked websites that posted a photo of his son and said he participated in a triple suicide car bomb attack on an Iraqi army post.

“He considered me and his mother to be apostates and was trying to convince us to join IS,” he said.

The MP said he had last heard from Mohammed in August when he sent a message that he “had been signed up for a suicide attack soon.”

In a statement posted on Twitter on Wednesday, IS claimed a triple car bombing on the northern outskirts of Ramadi, a city west of Baghdad under IS control since May.

Read more: http://www.timesofisrael.com/jordan-mps-son-joins-islamic-state-becomes-suicide-bomber/

Peace to the family.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

Re: Jordan MP’s son joins Islamic State, becomes suicide bomber
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:18:13 am »
Perhaps a name such as Vincent or Sam or Dan?  That might be a bit of a step in the right direction.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.