Author Topic: Sharyl Attkisson Takes on Sunday News Shows With ‘Full Measure’  (Read 617 times)

Offline Paladin

Good to know Sharyl is back on TV even if her show will only have limited exposure. Sharyl did, or tried to do, yeoman's work on Benghazi, but for some inexplicable reason CBS found her work to be somehow wanting and this after years of excellent service at the network. In any case, if you have Sinclair Broadcasting you get to see her new show.

"When former CBS News investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson arrived at Washington’s Newseum on Wednesday night for a party celebrating the launch of her new Sunday show “Full Measure,” the only thing she seemed nervous about was whether or not she needed a ticket for admittance.

Stopping in front of the event’s check-in host before riding the glossy elevator up to the eighth floor, she asked, “Do I need a ticket or something?”

“You are the ticket!” replied an obviously tickled events manager.

Later, when she stepped to the podium after being introduced by Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Vice President of News Scott Livingston—who called the broadcast “dedicated to the fearless reporting”—a clear vision, free of doubt, shone through.

That resoluteness appears characteristic of Attkisson, a senior independent contributor to The Daily Signal and a steady journalist who claims impartiality. Attkisson is not known for shying away from either her personal convictions or the direction in which her work commitments take her, controversial as they may be.

So it’s perhaps fitting that when her half-hour show, dedicated to covering topics she says other news outlets won’t, debuts this weekend on 170 ABC, NBC, Fox, and The CW affiliates in 38 percent of the country, Donald Trump will make an appearance.

The debut episode will look at the effect an influx of legal immigrants can have on a community—in this case, a small town in Maine."

http://dailysignal.com/2015/10/01/sharyl-attkisson-takes-on-sunday-shows-with-full-measure/

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Sharyl Attkisson Takes on Sunday News Shows With ‘Full Measure’
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:01:37 am »
I like her. She's an actual reporter. Refreshing, nowadays.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 12:05:15 pm »

“Many topics in the media today, it’s almost as if the media picks a right and a wrong side, and only shows you one facet,” Attkisson says. “There are plenty of stories about the positive aspects of [legal and illegal immigration]. I also argue we should be covering the costs and some of the problems that come with that as well.”

Today media bias is the norm - from right and left. No doubt the result of a pervasive atmosphere of political and social polarization. As biased as CBS is today I remember when 60 minutes did actual investigative journalism and didn't care who they went after.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 12:05:31 pm »
I heard her being interviewed on Talk Radio yesterday.  God bless her!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Paladin

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 06:45:44 pm »
If her show is not in your area it can be streamed on the net.

http://fullmeasure.news/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »
I like her. She's an actual reporter. Refreshing, nowadays.

:amen:)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 08:12:07 pm »
I like her too.  She is courageous and a real journalist - rare these days!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:40 am »
Thanks, Paladin!