Author Topic: Photographing Donald Trump on the Campaign Trail  (Read 382 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Photographing Donald Trump on the Campaign Trail
« on: October 03, 2015, 03:46:36 pm »
This is politically and policy neutral article that I found interesting. (ie, one that won't start fights.  :whistle: )
Q.

You photographed a lot of Presidential campaign events during 2008 and 2012. How is Donald Trump’s campaign different?
A.

If this was a typical first-time candidate, this early in the campaign, the events would be very different. They would be smaller, more intimate town halls. But celebrity is the factor here.

There was an interesting moment when he showed up at the U.S.S. Iowa event. He arrived in his motorcade, and he jumped out of the car at the wrong entrance. There was a huge group of protesters that had amassed. Instead of ignoring them and going into the event, he walked over to the protesters. And the protesters who were just shouting things at him offered up their protest signs for him to sign.

He wasn’t signing fans’ autographs, he was signing autographs for his protesters.
Q.

So everyone wants a touch of celebrity?
A.

When it comes down to it, even if they’re there to protest him, they’re still sort of fascinated by the spectacle of Donald Trump....

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/photographing-donald-trump-on-the-campaign-trail/?_r=0

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:47:31 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline olde north church

Re: Photographing Donald Trump on the Campaign Trail
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 05:11:43 pm »
I'm surprised they left out the part about the sound of heavy-cast, banging brass
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Photographing Donald Trump on the Campaign Trail
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 05:55:10 pm »
I'm surprised they left out the part about the sound of heavy-cast, banging brass

LOL!  He certainly has them, doesn't he?   :smokin:

Trump has a bold approach and a celebrity appeal that outreaches the Republican Party.  That is a valuable asset, we should use it to our advantage.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!