Author Topic: Lena Dunham Quits Twitter and Gawker Over "Verbal Abuse"  (Read 369 times)

Offline Paladin

Lena Dunham Quits Twitter and Gawker Over "Verbal Abuse"
« on: September 30, 2015, 04:27:51 am »
"Lena Dunham has called it quits with Twitter.

On hourlong podcast Re/code Decode, the Girls co-creator revealed that she has freed herself of social media hate and now has someone else tweet messages on her personal account.

"I don't look at Twitter anymore. I tweet, but I do it through someone else," she told host Kara Swisher, adding that she doesn't even know her account password. "I really appreciate that anybody follows me at all, and so I didn't want to cut off my relationship to it completely, but it really, truly wasn't a safe space for me."

The decision came partly due to the "verbal abuse" and body-shaming comments Dunham received after posting a photo on Instagram of her wearing just a sports bra and her boyfriend's boxers.

"It wasn't a graphic picture," said Dunham. "I was wearing men's boxers, and it turned into the most rabid, disgusting debate about women's bodies, and my Instagram page was somehow the hub for misogynists for the afternoon." "

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lena-dunham-quits-twitter-828129

I could have added the picture in question but I just couldn't she is so unappealing. So if you want to see it, go to the link.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.